Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Personally, i think Chun would F Ryu up

Before the Story Monkeys jump on me..... oh wait.

I think Ryu is without his SnH completly useles as a fighter and his best ability is being a sore loser and doing angry wake up Shoryukens.

Ken is 100x the better fighter, Chun probably has 50x his Skill and I'm sure Sagat would cook him if they would ever fight for real.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I think Ryu is without his SnH completly useles as a fighter and his best ability is being a sore loser and doing angry wake up Shoryukens.

Ken is 100x the better fighter, Chun probably has 50x his Skill and I'm sure Sagat would cook him if they would ever fight for real.

I honestly think that both are equal in terms of fighting skill. Ryu might get that edge with the SnH fueling him.

Chun-Li without a doubt is a much more interesting and compelling character than the wandering hobo though.

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Hey, is Ahkos still alive? Think we can lure him here? 

I know he was over SRK, but this isn't SRK. Vibe here is a lot better, maybe he could settle down here and have some fun with the homies

Probably not.

Last time I @ 'd him was on the CoVid Check-In thread because iirc he lives on the NY area and NYC was the epicenter of the pandemic at the time.

He just popped in to tell me to not worry about him. 

I don't think he wants to come back at all, but if anyone wants to try, good luck.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I’m not as familiar with the lore as some of y’all but doesn’t Ryu get buffed in SF3 when he gets Denjin/trains with Oro? He might be temporarily weaker without SnH wake up DP’s, but imo he wouldn’t get totally washed by any of those characters. Training/fighting is like his entire character. Meanwhile Ken and Chun have lives outside of fighting. 

Of the characters listed the only one I see him losing to is Sagat. That said all these characters a pretty mid tier if I’m not mistaken.

What makes Ryu better than other fighters is that he constantly learning new things and meeting new people that he can learn something along with undivided attention to self betterment compare to the others that just depends on training.

I think it's about time that Ryu became separate entirely with SNH things and be his own that would totally make his path different from the like of AKuma.

As for a Ryu fan I agree that Chun li, Nash and Guile was more as the better protagonist in the shadaloo saga than Ryu.

He is supposed to be something just out there seaking ways to improve not bound to a calling that turned into a superhero or some sort.

Edited by Shakunetsu
3 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

What makes Ryu better than other fighters is that he constantly learning new things and meeting new people that he can learn something along with undivided attention to self betterment compare to the others that just depends on training.

I think it's about time that Ryu became separate entirely with SNH things and be his own that would totally make his path different from the like of AKuma

One thing i would love is for Ryu to evolve of the basic Shoto shadow.

His lore and his in game characterization via gameplay is jarring.

They can always introduce a new char to serve as the basic bitch, and let Ryu become a more interesting character

I want him to have something special like Ki manipulation thing that he could learn to Oro and incorporate to his basic techniques that can distance him from the other Shoto like Gouken and Akuma.

Oro already shown something like psychokinesis or  telekinesis. Something that can improve his Ki manipulation something that can affect his trajectory and accuracy something like Yamcha's super in DBFZ or the Taka Hadoken in his Power Ranger mode. That is something unique to him as a shoto making him specialize with hadouken in a different way but still without making it something more OP in narrative. It goes something opposite with akuma since it more on concentration and focus than losing control.

I don't like another power level increase on Ryu like how DB does another version of a power up like tons of version of super saiyan. It only makes Ryu a Goku that distance himself to other fighter in terms of speed and strength.  That makes match up in a fighting game narrative  unreallitic.

Edited by Shakunetsu
Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm silver scrub 🤣

Nigga, i am super bronze.

Granted, i dont play ranked at all, but for when i decide to make one of the FM challenges.

But the truth is that i play the game in a very casual braindead way.

I only play it with a cousin when he comes for some gatherings, but that is so far and between now, lol

1 hour ago, EvilCanadian said:

I always think, Gootecks was actually one of my first twitter followers

at the time I was honoured honestly

but now I wonder if all the years of shitposting and monkeys, him seeing all of it, I broke him

crazy conspiracy theory gootecks may be a monster of my creation

https://twitter.com/martian_srk?s=09

Just followed ya. Didn't realize you had Twitter. 

I do think Mileena, Rain, and Rambo are likely the new additions. I’m hearing rumours of another story expansion as well (with Havik and Daemos) but we’ll see.

To be honest, I think the game needs a shakeup in regards to a few mechanics and variations. If it’s just a few characters (with or without a Story expansion), I may not bother.

i like the game a lot, and while no game is perfect, there’s a few things that annoy me just a bit too much.

16 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Man, every time I see a good Sagat in SFV, it reminds me of how much I want to play him and get good with him. I really like the idea of the smarter, more patient gameplan you need.

I really wish they would just tweak the netcode a bit. It’s hard for me to get excited to play it in its current form.

Well Sagat isn't worth playing either, he's good until you meat the characters that play SFV, then he just struggels to achive anything.