Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Since Sakura was released in January and Blanka in February, wouldn't it make sense that Falke is released in March?

I always thought it was odd they would reveal all the characters for S3 when the last one, Sagat, would be a year away.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:59 PM, Volta said:

Since Sakura was released in January and Blanka in February, wouldn't it make sense that Falke is released in March?

I always thought it was odd they would reveal all the characters for S3 when the last one, Sagat, would be a year away.

Well, if Sakura wasn’t released with AE, she would have come out in December like Akuma did last year. I suspect it’s not so much that Blanka was earlier than expected, but that Sakura was later... I’d love to be wrong though,

On 3/14/2018 at 11:10 PM, OldManRage said:

Well, if Sakura wasn’t released with AE, she would have come out in December like Akuma did last year. I suspect it’s not so much that Blanka was earlier than expected, but that Sakura was later... I’d love to be wrong though,

Good point, they may resume the 'normal' schedule at this point. Let's wait and see.

Either way Falke and G surely are interesting characters and I'd like to know more. As I said before even though I did not like most of the S2 cast from a gameplay standpoint, they all turned out to be very interesting characters, especially from a story standpoint, where they create new storylines.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:05 PM, misterBee said:

Even if he announces Falke it's not a big deal...still not gonna be able to use her for some time I bet.

Based on the way Season 3 has gone, if she gets announced this weekend, she'll be playable this month. Capcom seems to have a better handle on releases this season.

I think their initial goal was 1 char a month. Which means we'll probably get 1 every 2 months. Which is what past seasons were supposed to be but they always slipped. So maybe they finally adhere to last year's schedule?

On 3/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, Bea_Iank said:

I am hoping for a faster character release schedule so we can have S4 and Rose this year still.

Amen. Though for me I'd just like to see the characters come out faster so we have a better chance of seeing them in competition. If everyone is out by July/August then people have enough time to really prep to take, say, Sagat to end of the year events. But if or whomever is last comes out in September/October then the only way you're really gonna see them at the big time events is if they are bonkers good on release.

I think if Capcom finishes up early we may also see more story content. It seems like they want to push the storyline further so they may be working on another story chapter. Also sort of fits with their narrative of trying to appeal to the casual crowd more.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:50 AM, Darc_Requiem said:

Pools about to start!? Devon!! @GetTheTables !!

Man do I miss the 3D.

Probably won't get to watch Final Round stuff live but I'll definitely check it out later.

Also how I want Jamaican Ken to join the annals of country character combos like Mexican Akuma.

Ken is one of those characters that to me is like Mika: a lot of fun to watch and even play when things are going well but frustrating when you run into their limitations or really shitty match ups. I will just sit back and cheer those brave players on from the sidelines.

Logan I think stated on Twitter (or someone at WSO) that 1 character per month was actually the idea I think going into S3 and maybe something CC wanted to try in S2 (Baseless spec on my part). I know expecting anything from CC is a fools game but keeping the hope alive is what has got us this far lol

Also question: Do we still get FM for normal and up Survivor mode?

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition — Currently qualified for Top 64

Winners bracket

Monster|Infiltration (Menat) vs. AAG|DidimoKOF (Dhalsim)

CO|Go1 (Menat, Chun-Li) vs. IG|Jiewa (Akuma)

GOL|Ranmasama (Rashid) vs. DATA|Neon (Kolin)

Punk (Karin, Chun-Li) vs. RB|Snake Eyez (Abigail)

DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Abigail) vs. Liquid|Nemo (Urien)

RZR|Xian (Ibuki) vs. RB|Bonchan (Nash)

Gachikun (Rashid) vs. Humanbomb (Chun-Li)

CO|Dogura (Urien) vs. GRPT|MOV (Chun-Li)

Losers bracket

CYG|Chris Tatarian (Ken) vs. Talon|Xiaobao (Vega)

WBG|CJ Truth (Cammy) vs. AB|Kichipa-mu (Zangief)

Tampa Bison (M. Bison) vs. FOX|Momochi (Kolin)

Terrence (Chun-Li) vs. FD|Haitani (Akuma)

ITS|Pnoy (M. Bison) vs. FOX|Justin Wong (Karin)

WP|Daikokugo (Birdie) vs. F3|Alucard (Abigail)

OG|Shine (Ibuki) vs. Mago (Rashid)

SB|JB (Rashid) vs. NDV|Phenom (Necalli)