Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

4 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I'm really curious to see how the peripherals will be handled on PS5. I wonder if the stuff about Arcade Sticks will apply to controllers like FightPads. 

That's one of the things I'm most looking forward to learning.

Same boat. It only dawned on me recently that the this hitbox is good for the PS4 but after that? It'd be nice if is supported natively though if it isn't I figure there will be a Brooks converter or something.

10 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

Random thought of the night how much does a character strength or weakness effect your decision on playing them? 

I feel like I know the answer seeing most of everybody's choice seems to be whoever they think looks cool.  I'm not playing for money so I pick who I like. I also don't shame people who just play top tiers.

Can't forget this gem..

I like aesthetically pleasing characters, so naturally I gravitated towards Blanka. 

My execution is poor so I stay away from high-execution characters. Mostly I play hit 'n run types like Blanka in the older games, Nash in S1 SFV when I could still barely stomach the game and Sub in MK11. I also play hard zoners like O. Ryu in ST and Shang Tsung in the MK series. I'll play a grappler here and there, but I mostly don't like them because they have such lopsided matchups. Because of that I also like some grappler hybrids such as Abel in SFIV or Geras in MK11 who don't require such a rigid way of playing. I don't look at tier lists, the important thing is that I can play a character the way I want to play it. That means that I mostly end up picking mid and high tier characters though, as low tier characters tend to be more constraining in the way you can viably play them.

Sounds like everybody roughly goes about this the same way. I won't completely drop a character unless they're straight up kneecapped compared to the rest of cast. Even then I still used haggar in vanilla mvc3. 

Outside of looks execution is a big one, that's what kept me from playing karin.  

The thing I'll say about execution is that isn't necessarily a deal breaker, so long as the other factors line up.

Like with Karin I don't like the look of her or most of her stuff so I wasn't going to be motivated to grind her (heh). Menat was more engaging and I had no problem devoting the time to VT1 stuff (what did her in was actually playing her in matches). 

12 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

Random thought of the night how much does a character strength or weakness effect your decision on playing them? 

I feel like I know the answer seeing most of everybody's choice seems to be whoever they think looks cool.  I'm not playing for money so I pick who I like. I also don't shame people who just play top tiers.

Can't forget this gem..

As a player who usually gravitate towards grapplers I don't expect who I play to be at the top. I would love a season 3 Abigail or Accent Core Potenkin but those are rare. I stick with Alex because he's the character I have the most fun with. It would be nice if he wasn't bottom tier.

40 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Sounds like everybody roughly goes about this the same way. I won't completely drop a character unless they're straight up kneecapped compared to the rest of cast. Even then I still used haggar in vanilla mvc3. 

Outside of looks execution is a big one, that's what kept me from playing karin.  

I wish had all the quarters I wasted on 3S Sean back. I lost a lot of money beating my head against that brick wall. Probably could buy PS5 and Series X with that money 🤣

48 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Execution is one of those things that usually just pushes me further in the direction I’m already leaning instead of being an important factor. I find hands/mash motions hard to use and I absolutely hate hold button moves, but if I otherwise love a character I’d overlook those things. 

Karin is sorta in that area for me. I don’t like dealing with JFT, but I’m also not really passionate about the character to begin so it becomes another reason to avoid her.

Edit: SF4 was basically my real jump into FGs and I learned how to play charge just so I could use Vega. 

Edited by Vhozite
2 minutes ago, Volt said:

Roundhouse?

All of them are at least -4 on hit. Short is -5.

You could legit eat a Heavy xx Super combo for actually landing a combo!!!

I didn't frame data back in the day. i just know at max range I didn't get punished after landing Short or Forward Tornado. Roundhouse Tornado was a death sentence against Hugo 😑

@M A R T I A NI got SF4 to work by just doing good ole verifying integrity of the game files. Didn’t appear to actually download anything but whatever 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Edit: Also I think done using any character in SFV besides Nash. I enjoy other characters but the last couple times I played I was really dissatisfied with my performance. 

Edited by Vhozite
45 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

someone with black panther av did post a wrestling gif when someone said he believe in fake leak lol 

If name isn't Darc Requiem it isn't me. I've been Darc Requiem online for more than two decades at this point. Only time I use something else is if its take or there is a character limit.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Lol Boon is just leaning into the meme at this point. 

Rain looks really cool, but I hate how I have to watch these trailers and think:

1. Which of these moves aren’t in a tournament variation

2. Which of these moves can’t I use together. 

The fact you can’t use all the ninjas with Shang like the trailer showed made me drop him instantly.

9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

If name isn't Darc Requiem it isn't me. I've Darc Requiem online for more than two decades at this point. Only time I use something else is if its take or there is a character limit.

Yup I remember you used it also in unity

That mean negativity on that fake is across the forum multiverse lol

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

As a player who usually gravitate towards grapplers I don't expect who I play to be at the top. I would love a season 3 Abigail or Accent Core Potenkin but those are rare. I stick with Alex because he's the character I have the most fun with. It would be nice if he wasn't bottom tier.

Melty has a Top Tier Grappler, you should try the game <.<

So I tried to get a resetera account so I could tell people interested in fighting games to come here, and you can't sign up with A FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT.

No gmail

No yahoo

Only professional or .edu accounts are accepted. Resetera can suck eggs 

Tried neoGAF and they won't let me make threads. Welp, this was a flop. I don't feel like making a reddit, so I'll leave it alone. 

NO NEW FRIENDS FOR US 

Edited by KingTubb
4 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I thought NeoGaf was now more open to free email

It is. It also didn't ask me my pronoun like resetera did, so they're inconsiderate swine. 

Darc is right tho. I don't think most of the people that post there would like it here very much. Which means they would do everything in their power to make us not like it either 

Edited by KingTubb

I've thought Kotal was cool since his introduction in MKX. A "good guy" Kahn is an interesting story and character beat.

But I guess NRS doesn't think so because he's been consistently been made the chump over and over again. Not even the fact that he's nailing Jade can make him cooler now.

Good thing he's still got the mayan sun god thing going for him because without that he'd probably be Necalli 2 in terms of wasted potential. Still love the guy tho. 

1 minute ago, Jocelot said:

I've thought Kotal was cool since his introduction in MKX. A "good guy" Kahn is an interesting story and character beat.

But I guess NRS doesn't think so because he's been consistently been made the chump over and over again. Not even the fact that he's nailing Jade can make him cooler now.

Good thing he's still got the mayan sun god thing going for him because without that he'd probably be Necalli 2 in terms of wasted potential. Still love the guy tho. 

Wifing Jade is the only thing keeping him from hitting Necalli status.

51 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

So I tried to get a resetera account so I could tell people interested in fighting games to come here, and you can't sign up with A FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT.

No gmail

No yahoo

Only professional or .edu accounts are accepted. Resetera can suck eggs 

Tried neoGAF and they won't let me make threads. Welp, this was a flop. I don't feel like making a reddit, so I'll leave it alone. 

NO NEW FRIENDS FOR US 

They have that insane requirement as a defense against trolls. Their community is trash. I don't their kind here.

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Wifing Jade is the only thing keeping him from hitting Necalli status.

See I really want to like Necalli too. The savage/animalistic aesthetic, the huge dreadlocks that unlock with a super Saiyan style transformation, the permanent VT. 

The potential is right there. Yet you play him in SFV and he ended up as one of the blandest, most boring characters in SF history. I honestly want to see him in another game it so Capcom can take another crack at making him the warrior god he deserves to be. 

I feel like with Necalli they sort of tried to make SF5s Ryu. But it didn't work because Ryu is already there being Ryu and the design ended up not making him play like the savage mofo he is.

I'm with you and a lot of other folks in that I'd like to see most if not all of the 5 newcomers get another shot in another game. 5 is just "off" enough that I don't think it does any of them justice.

The ResetEra thing reminds me of these pretentious Discord channels that force you to sift through pages and pages of text, go to a seperate channel to assign yourself a role, get approval from a mod, ect.

It's so obnoxious making every new member read through all that insanity just so I can join for two seconds and ask some dumbass question about Pokémon or whatever. 

Bunch of fucking bored ass teenagers running these servers, I swear. 

17 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

See I really want to like Necalli too. The savage/animalistic aesthetic, the huge dreadlocks that unlock with a super Saiyan style transformation, the permanent VT. 

The potential is right there. 

And despite the gameplay, let's take a look at how Capcom developed that potential.

The savage/animalistic aesthetic - Capcom gave him a fucking stutter. The whole intimidation factor is destroyed by that.

This dude got hyped up to be *the boss* of SFV and got hijacked by Bison, removed from the intro when AE dropped and then Gill hijacked Bison. And that's not even really considering how he jobs harder than *Kotal Khan.*

Dude is so bitch-made that if you walk up to him and give him a pimp slap, he'll go work the corner for you. 🤣

7 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Try checking the actual Steam controller configuration settings for that specific game. There could be a confliction there. 

The Steam controller settings look normal. It’s just that in game r1/right bumper is still mapped to PPP and I can’t figure out how to change it. 

Can’t remember if this was a game I needed a third party program for controls