Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Even though I'm awful at it, I've always like Virtua Fighter. So it's not the multiple options that turn me off from Tekken. I don't find it engaging. It's like Monster Hunter to me. I see what other people like, but it's not my cup of tea. Speaking of  which, I wish Sega would get off their asses and make VF6 already.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

It might Just be SFV PC being SFV pc.

I lost count of how many times the game froze because I tabbed out during a loading screen, and this kind of things should never happen with my Rig. expecially when I run basically nothing but discord and a browser page in the background most of the times

5 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

Good games @Darc_Requiem.

With Kolin, you need to whiff punish me more. I use a lot of slow, dangerous and highly punishable attacks in neutral.

Also, don't let me dash or empty jump at you or it will be SPD or super. :)

Your Alex is really good!

I used to play @Jerom 's Gief a lot back when Alex was my main. He absolutely wrecked me, but it made me better against other Gief's. Jerom is pretty good.

For some reason, I play  your Gief really tentatively with my Kolin. Side note: My wrist is still trash but when I wear my brace. I can play SF without issue for the most part. So at least that is a slight silver lining.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
On 3/22/2018 at 8:09 PM, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

If I get back into T7 I’ll probably just main Josi. Her fighting style looks satisfying to land.

My man.

Josie is bae. ❤️

If I ever had the time to dedicate to that game I'd kickbox the fuck out of people with her.

Edit: Also Darc glad to hear that the wrist brace helps.

Double edit: I should be around part of Friday and then most of Saturday if anyone wants to get games in of anything. Looking forward to hoping on after being away for a week.

54 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

I am always up for games, but keep in mind that since I am in the very south part of South America, at best we will be getting a 4 bars connection in SFV and some rollback is expected to happen.

But usually, it tends to be playable.

Its a shame that SFV is the only game with PC/console cross play out of the current crop (give or take a KI since very few people play or even remember that game unfortunately). I'd be really interested in seeing how some of the other games hold up over that distance. 

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

Its a shame that SFV is the only game with PC/console cross play out of the current crop (give or take a KI since very few people play or even remember that game unfortunately). I'd be really interested in seeing how some of the other games hold up over that distance. 

Absolutely.

I would love to test other games in that situation as well.

If the Anniversary Collection has cross play, I will be up for some games in ST and Alpha 3.

I could try 3S as well, but I am a complete tragedy at it. :yum:

Edited by Bea_Iank
8 minutes ago, Bea_Iank said:

Absolutely.

I would love to test other games in that situation as well.

If the Anniversary Collection has cross play, I will be up for some games in ST and Alpha 3.

I could try 3S as well, but I am a complete tragedy at it. :yum:

Yeah hopefully it'll have cross play but at this point I'm not holding my breath. SFV is one of the few games that has PC/console cross play (one of the other things that makes it sort of tenacious, I think). Everything else you're lucky to get cross play on the same platform - Windows/Xbox for KI (now with Steam, which is nice), PS4/PS3 for Xrd. 

I'd love to see more cross play in general. FGs are already niche; having things further constrained by having games spread across 2/3 platforms just plain sucks. Especially in this modern era where Xbox and PS are pretty much just PCs.

I've been tempted to get a gaming PC just for FGs since that seems to be the unifying platform but I can't justify the outlay (and I've already shilled so hard for SFV on PS4).

I'm gonna pick up the Anniversary Collection too, though I'll have a lot to learn with all those games. I only ever played any of them single player so I don't know shit about playing them against another person. Will be fun to try 3S out though.

On 22.3.2018 at 11:13 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

I could technically test that out. @Neclord bamboozled me into a buying Tekken 7 on PC. Thankfully it didn't pay full price. I have a free, unopened, copy of Tekken 7 for PS4. It came free with my Qanba Obsidian and I never plan on opening it. 

Stahp!

You wanted that perfect Master Raven booty don't lie.

Why am I level 1  again.

Edited by Neclord
38 minutes ago, Neclord said:

Why am I level 1  again.

Because we moved to completely new forum software and rank didn't carry over.

The bad news is that you're going to have to build up those points/rank again.

The good news is that the new forum software is awesome (lots of new features) and I'm so drained from porting all the data over that I don't think I'll ever switch software again.   Your rep and ranks from here on out should be safe. :heart:

38 minutes ago, Neclord said:

You wanted that perfect Master Raven booty don't lie.

I mained Master Raven for a while.  She does have quite the booty.

13 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Weekend is here fucking finally!!! Let me know if you want games! My WiFi is the stuff of legends!

My plan is to go full on fighting game bum once I get back from my afternoon plans today. Gonna grab some beer and play as much as I can stand tonight.

I've been feeling the Mika temptations pretty strongly recently so it may be time for me to finally just give her some time and see if it works out.

I'll also be up for GG or UNIEL if anyone wants to give those a spin. 

4 hours ago, GetTheTables said:

My plan is to go full on fighting game bum once I get back from my afternoon plans today. Gonna grab some beer and play as much as I can stand tonight.

I've been feeling the Mika temptations pretty strongly recently so it may be time for me to finally just give her some time and see if it works out.

I'll also be up for GG or UNIEL if anyone wants to give those a spin. 

Let's play GG or UNIEL!

4 minutes ago, misterBee said:

GGs @GetTheTables!

We'll make an anime player out of you yet. :sunglasses:

Looking forward to it!

I've always been an anime player at heart. I picked up SFV because I figured I should try to cut my teeth on a SF game since they are supposedly good for fundamentals. Joke was on me. :dizzy:

I still like SFV a lot and want to keep playing it but I've loved games like GG and UNIEL from afar for too long. Time to try to put  the time in.

8 hours ago, Akhos said:

Thanks for no help at all

Your Ed is far better than mine. You are  a better player than me. I think I'm may have taken 1 game off of @A10metal in my life and it was when was dicking around picking random characters. I was using my main. In other words, I'm incapable of giving you the tactical information you require. Distraction tactics are all I got for you fam.

Top 8 for Thaiger Uppercut should start in about 30 - 45 minutes

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition — Top 8

Winners bracket

FOX|Tokido (Akuma) vs. Ghost|K-Brad (Cammy)
Aziz (Akuma) vs. Scarz|Sako (Menat)

Losers bracket

Tse4 (Balrog) vs. RB|Bonchan (Nash, Karin)
DNG|Itabashi Zangief (Abigail) vs. NASR|BigBird (Rashid)