Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 hours ago, misterBee said:

If I were to allow one it would need someone to manage it and there would need to be rules in place that keep that stuff from leaking out elsewhere.

I honestly just don't have the time or energy to handle it atm. 

Right now MEGASHOCK is like a party -- everyone's having a good time until someone drops the politics and religion.

Can we keep it that way? Keep the Politics in the Swamp err I mean SRK. 

Hey guys, I played a lot of Chun-Li and Cammy tonight in V, but I’m kinda torn between them...  Chun-Li seems to have a lot more options and a bit more dirt, whereas Cammy feels like she’s meant to be played a little more rushdown (but then again, I’m a lot more comfortable with Cammy so it’s much easier for me to be).

does anyone have a decent idea as to what advantages they have compared to each other and the areas they’re each weak in?

@MattatsuFrom my experience with both, Cammy's best feature is being simple but effective. With a lot less wacky options to consider, it's easier for the gameplan to come naturally faster. You always know what punish to do, what buttons to push. Plus she's great at both reacting and punishing as well as rushing down.

Chun I found is outstanding mid-range, but sometimes the plethora of different normals, command normals, and situational punishes can mix you up unless you're really devoted to the character. Having multiple different anti-airs for different situations can cause a bit of brain freeze sometimes. But all of that gets ironed out if you really devote yourself to the character. As far as actual cons of the characters, Chun can struggle against extremely heavy zoning characters (so like 4 characters), while Cammy can struggle opening up turtles until you get really good at shimmies, frame traps, etc.

But I'm just a Silver scrub so take all that with a grain of salt. I'd be up for running some sets with you sometime though if you want to really dive into them. If I recall, the one time we played we were evenly matched. It would be nice to play someone here who doesn't completely stomp me.

16 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Ibuki is much more bullshit than Cammy and Chun. Her neutral isn’t as good as Chun or Cammy, but it definitely isn’t bad and she makes up for it with much better offense than them. She can easily setup real meaties from L.Raida, can burn EX to get in, combos from overhead and she is quite capable of stealing rounds with VT mixups. 

In a word, she is the most SFV character of the ones you asked about. 

Edit: somehow fucked up the quote, but it’s also 2AM so w/e

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

I had to check the timestamp for this post. I thought I woke up and accidentally started reading old SRK threads. 😝

🤣 I’ve very likely posted that exact same question once or twice on SRK over the years lol.

I did have a minor revelation last night about how I play SFV (one that I’ve probably had before but never did much with that info), so I’m trying things a bit differently. I’m going to try and stick with Chun, and like, actually do it, but I cant even trust myself with that anymore lol

4 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

🤣 I’ve very likely posted that exact same question once or twice on SRK over the years lol.

I did have a minor revelation last night about how I play SFV (one that I’ve probably had before but never did much with that info), so I’m trying things a bit differently. I’m going to try and stick with Chun, and like, actually do it, but I cant even trust myself with that anymore lol

So basically, you're dropping your main again. 🤣

I'd honestly recommend Cammy. She helps developing fundamentals and her neutral is pretty solid.

Edited by Volt
6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Having seen you do this dance over the years, my personal recommendation would be Cammy.

She has a lower mental stack overhead which will help make it a little less frustrating to build the blocks you want to.

She has a DP which is very good to have in this game and gives you something to practice that will come in handy when you inevitably want to dust off Sagat.

Most importantly she is going to force you to get into the ranges you aren't comfortable in and really internalize the up close flow of this game (such that it is).

With Chun I feel like you're going to end up hanging back, poking and zoning, and still run into the same problems. Complicated by her AAs being less Iron clad than a Cammy or a Sagat so the jumpers are likely to frustrate.

Just my $0.02. Which adjusted for inflation doesn't count for much. 

Most important part is just to have fun with whomever you pick. 

Nah, fuck Cammy 😆

Cammy’s good, but I always get bored with her lack of options. I’ve always wanted to learn Chun, but I lose patience learning her various options and what works best in which scenarios so i go back to Cammy because she’s easier. I can get there with Chun too. I just need to put work in and stop being a bitch.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I can get there with Chun too. I just need to put work in and stop being a bitch.

I'm earmarking this post for later. 😉

You can definitely get there. Biggest thing to work on is being more comfortable in the scramble. I know its really rough sometimes but that is also where this game usually ends up. Delete EX reversal/wake up CA from you brain for a bit and work on the other options.

👍

6 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

With Chun I feel like you're going to end up hanging back, poking and zoning, and still run into the same problems

I agree 100% that this is how I’ll play chun at the start, and how I’ve played her before. I think the real issue is I’ve never really put the time in to learn her and get comfortable with her, so I don't rushdown with her like i do cammy, and instead, sit back with s.HP. Then i lose to V’s meta and switch back to Cammy because I am more comfortable with her and can be more aggressive with her. I could be wrong, but I don't see why I cant do that with Chun once i spend a month or two and get comfortable with her combos and various options. Plus, I’ll have a lot more options, which has always been the thing that gets me off Cammy after a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

Always relevant.

spacer.png

Out of everyone who got kneecapped after S1, Nash was the one to get it worse. Even Ryu actually recovered enough to be functional. Devs just don't know what to do with Nash.

Nash is bad but my L’s last night came from poor play on my end. I still find it really hard to fight people who respond properly to booms. 

The only big issue I have with him is his walkspeed. It’s so difficult to get/maintain the spacing you want with his slow walk. I can’t run my game the way I want because until you get a boom out the other person is in the drivers seat for spacing. 

22 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Nah, fuck Cammy 😆

Cammy’s good, but I always get bored with her lack of options. I’ve always wanted to learn Chun, but I lose patience learning her various options and what works best in which scenarios so i go back to Cammy because she’s easier. I can get there with Chun too. I just need to put work in and stop being a bitch.

Well Van Damme did..... 👀

11 hours ago, Edmund said:

@KingTubbShould have just went for Persona 5 Royal straight. The game is so much better and the stupid cat doesn't stop you from doing anything all the time. 

And I really like the new villain in P5 Royal. He/She/It is very well written imho. 

I would fuck with Royal if all the new content wasn't in the post game. It took me 123 hours to finish the vanilla game on the first run. I ain't trying to play through a third time and not have my save carry over. 

54 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I would fuck with Royal if all the new content wasn't in the post game. It took me 123 hours to finish the vanilla game on the first run. I ain't trying to play through a third time and not have my save carry over. 

They do sprinkle a lot of new stuff throughout the entire game. The two new confidants are introduced very early and are woven into the story the whole way. Plus there's a lot of QOL improvements in the combat and such.

Of course, I've played through the game 4 times so I may be a bit biased....

7 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

They do sprinkle a lot of new stuff throughout the entire game. The two new confidants are introduced very early and are woven into the story the whole way. Plus there's a lot of QOL improvements in the combat and such.

Of course, I've played through the game 4 times so I may be a bit biased....

Is the flu season exploit with the reaper still in? I'm willing to grind again if it is.