Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

@MattatsuGGs. Enough lag to feel it for sure, but still fun.

Yeah, definitely had some choppy moments, which is funny because I dont think we had any in MK11, but SFV will be SFV. It does seem like stages effect the netcode less than they did. The Lair of the Four Kings felt the worst, to me, but that stage is almost always unplayable for me, yet this was playable, and only seemed a little bit laggier than the grid or estate at noon.

anyways, if you’re up for some Mk11 in a few. Head over to the NRS thread on here. We were going to start some matches im the next few minutes (last time i checked)

Edit: sorry about missing your earlier lounge invite too. I was in training, but was watching a chun-li guide (awesome guide btw @EvilCanadian, really helped me a lot) and had my tv off most of the time 

Edited by Mattatsu

@MattatsuThanks, I feel like the main thing I was struggling with was constantly losing the situation after my +2 EX heart raid. I don't know how much of it was lag or how much was me needing to work on the timing some more, but I got thrown out of my cr lk a dozen times. I think your spacing with Chun is really good. There were a lot of times when I thought it was safe to hold the whip and suddenly got a big old stand fierce to the face. Plus the time you supered the whip, that was pretty sick.

@SoneroI'm taking a break to exercise and eat, but if you're still around later tonight I can play.

You know Yice, we clean up a few bad habits and a couple of things you just aren't doing the right way, and you would get hella good really fast.

🤔

Don't think I said this properly. You're actually really good. There are just a few things you don't have the hang on. There's  lot of small decisions there that you did that don't really happen from people "in silver". It may have felt a bit lopsided but you were playing really well.

Edited by Sonero

So my girl is in town for the next few weeks. She's a gamer girl who's into COD (pretty dern good too). So I told her to give SF5 a shot on PS4. I don't have a Fight Stick anymore so she tried stuff with my Hori controller which didn't work out so well. So I took my girl to Round One out here in Eugene and we have Street Fighter V Type Arcade there. So I learned that 1) she's definitely better with a joystick and 2) she's feelin Ibuki. She already understands the basic concept behind frame data. I'mma probably have the Qanba Obsidian modded for her.spacer.png

SHE'S COMING FOR US ALL. 

I just spend an hour fighting the Crab Boss in Serious Sam 4.

That was some serious crustation I tell ya, that thing was to shellfish to die, Sam even ran out of crab puns, he might have to brush up his vocrabulary.

Serious + No Gadgets is actually really hard..... it's actually not that hard, but that Boss was something else. And no I didn't savescum in the end, the finish was legit.

I’m really enjoying Chun and think I learned a lot today (not just about Chun, but dealing with pressure and jumping mofo’s, plus some other things). Somehow, in all of this time off from SFV, I’m kinda coming back to it with a fresh set of eyes, and am noticing things I never realized before, at least during matches (not after). I’m still ass, but feel like I may actually start getting somewhat decent if I keep this up.

I also haven't been able to hit her MK SBK BNB in match yet, but I’m close. I’m doing it fairly reliably in training... I just keep getting excited in a match and trying to do the SBK cancel too early.

Edited by Mattatsu

Thanks @Vhozite. Yeah, after lots of attempts of trying Chun, and failing at that combo, I finally got the timing right. It was the delayed cancel that was effing me up as you have to wait longer than you normally do. I can nail it nearly every time in training, but in a match, when my blood’s pumping, I rush that cancel. I’ll just keep labbing until it’s in muscle memory. I’ll get it down soon.