Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

It's amazing how far you can get in this game and still not see the big picture. I had two long sets with Jak playing against his Juri and got my shit pushed in really bad. I got really frustrated to the point of screaming but I kept my shit together. I just felt bad I  couldn't keep up. Everything was off from my spacing to my confirms. I think the sets were like 10-4 10-6. I can only imagine what fighting a Juri the level of Infiltration must be like lmao

I'm a lazy shit bag and a slow leaner but the hunger is still just as strong as when I booted up the game during the betas. I'm not gonna stop till I get to grand master...... then I'll keep playing.......

I hear ya man. Before I went on vacation a few weeks ago I managed to run some sets with pookie. He ran through a bunch of chars and finished it off with a FT10 vs. Ibuki. I started out well against his day 0 Chun, picked up the odd game or round across the next few sets, then got 10-0'd when it was serious time. Shit was rough.

The thing that keeps me coming back to the game though is the ability to learn from even those savage beatings. I did some replay reviews the next day and picked up on plenty of things I can work on (and as an aside I find that watching replays tends to put most of those bad losses into a more realistic light than salty memory does). Just those 10 Ibuki matches gave me more to think about and motivation to improve than a hundred online rando matches. 

I'm with you on the climb. My original goal was to get to Gold because I vividly remember when I thought that was impossible. Next is Plat. After that I'll claw my way up to Diamond. And so on. I don't have a lot of time and I'm definitely no savant at this, but I'm willing to put the time in and try. That's all any of us can do. Until they turn off the servers and make us play SF6. :tongue:

Regarding Juri: I already find her a pain in the ass because she is a slippery character and I hate playing catch. If I had to somehow play Infil's Juri I might just chain forward dash to end it all faster.

56 minutes ago, Neclord said:

Definitely.

Sometimes I wish I had your hunger. I mean, I am more motivated than ever to continue playing SFV but it's just that my fear is holding me back a lot. I am still a pussy when it comes to ranked matches and I try to not play ranked matches at all (tho it got better over the years, I am not as nervous anymore) .

My lacking experience combined with me also being a lazy shit bag is the reason why I am still not good at this game.

Lately I have done some matches against some srk folks, especially Froztey.

He beats me like 10-1 everytime.

Deep down inside I really want to improve and learn but then there are moments where other games are getting my attention and I am not playing SFV for weeks, sometimes even months.  This is also holding me back, I don't really lab and I don't play enough.

I've dedicated allot of my life to this game. That's in part because this is my first SF that I'm playing on a level above "better than your neighbors dog" so that's why my drive is so strong. But I understand that the reality for most people isn't gonna be like mine. It's really tough putting hours and time into fight games when there's so much shit to do in life. From adult stuff to other forms of leisure.

Froztey is really good. He dogs himself sometimes but he knows he's better than most of the rank shitters that we scream about day and day out. He blew me up with his day 2 Sak and that was an across waters lag fest that was mostly one sided (on his end). And I fight Pookie allot as well and he's so fundamentally sound as a player that he can dismantle me pretty quickly. He feels I've gotten stronger but allot of the times he tells me that after he violates me lmao! I got back up to Diamond with Kolin again which made me happy as her S3 changes while being really strong took away what I was used to from her. But seeing my effort give me that arbitrary blue emblem keeps me coming back for more. Hearing those fake points go up gets me going lmao!

So don't give up hope Nec. Keep playing the waifus and trust in them and they will be good to you. The waifu bond is too strong to not take you to Diamond. 

DUae079VAAErXYk.jpg

1 hour ago, Neclord said:

Definitely.

Sometimes I wish I had your hunger. I mean, I am more motivated than ever to continue playing SFV but it's just that my fear is holding me back a lot. I am still a pussy when it comes to ranked matches and I try to not play ranked matches at all (tho it got better over the years, I am not as nervous anymore) .

My lacking experience combined with me also being a lazy shit bag is the reason why I am still not good at this game.

Lately I have done some matches against some srk folks, especially Froztey.

He beats me like 10-1 everytime.

Deep down inside I really want to improve and learn but then there are moments where other games are getting my attention and I am not playing SFV for weeks, sometimes even months.  This is also holding me back, I don't really lab and I don't play enough.

Apologies for the double post. I am a caveman and cannot figure out how to add a quote to an edited post.

I hear you about the nerves. I get nervous before I play pretty much every time, even BL sets. I haven't been able to come up with a great solution. I just call myself a bitch and play through the nerves. :flushed: I think it does get better the more you get exposed to the game and the more things become routine, but the core of SFV is also pressure and feeling pressured so I dunno how much that ever really goes away. Of any of the FGs I've played online SFV has been the most stressful by a good measure.

As someone that's put in like 16K matches into SFV I can say with great certainty that unless you have balls of steel the nervousness never really goes away. The higher I've gone up in points the more nervous I get when facing someone new. You guys haven't experienced it yet but when you start running into Vets and well known online rank players it gets even worse because in your mind you wonder if your BS can phase them. I've ran into PR-Rog, Chris T, Brent is Cool, Justin Wong,  Aruto & Gllty just to name a few and have gotten cooked by all of them. It's exciting but nerve wrecking as hell because it's like one of those "it's all led up to this moments" Like you are fighting the Elite 4 lmao!

But that nervous aspect is also what's made it fun to turn the game on and see what you're gonna get. 

Twin's match counts always remind me that I need to play a lot more. And don't forget he has his original Cammy account to add to the total too. :wink:

There's no substitute for in game experience. For as much as I can critique myself and how I'm playing I've barely scratched this game in terms of putting the time in. Looking at Idom's CFN that bonita-maniac has played damn near 30,000 games across the three types. He has played almost 10 times as many BL matches as I have total matches. 

So maybe, just maybe I need to get out there and play more.

I mean like I said, I get that normal functioning humans don't have the time... or don't have the drive. Me and Idom are loners who prob work and then come  home and grind. I doubt Idom has a family  or anything like that. Same as me he can afford to grind like a shut in hermit. 

I legit like SFV and want to be better. Where that will take me as anyone's guess. 

So I don't fault you guys for not having over 9000!!!!!!!!!!! games. 

@misterBee I'll will keep this thread alive...this forum alive till it kills me. 

Also when we getting more stages? I'd love the rainy Alpha stage or even Forgotten Waterfall lmao

Being a loner definitely helps with having time to play SFV.

I have almost 1600 ranked matches to my belt already because I often get home, do my workout, get dinner then put 2 or so hours in SFV ranked because I like the game, despite being terrible at it. I don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend pestering me, and I live with my younger brother, who also happens to be a loner. So I have time to invest in it.

I am aiming to get to gold, but I still have quite a road ahead of me.

Yeah my time is unfortunately more limited than I'd like. Part of me wishes this would have been around when I was a teenager/single young guy. I'd have dumped fuckloads of time into it.

Still, if I care I gotta make the time. No one is just gonna magically give me young man time to play SFV/GG/UNIELst so I need to make the time and then make the most out of it. Tricky but doable with dedication.

And in this hobby it is very worth it because the results will bear out in very tangible ways. Nailing things you would have missed before, or winning matches you would have lost before, makes it extremely satisfying.

Edit: Also we can get more stages when Capcom stabilizes the netcode such that the game doesn't shit it up as much outside of the godforsaken grid. :angry:

Edited by GetTheTables

@Bea_Iank loners unite!

@GetTheTables yeah looking at Sako  that dude is like 200 by gamer years and he would wipe us clean like he  was 25 lol

I kinda wanna be like Valle when it comes to fighting games. Just being an old dude that can keep up with the whipper snappers when SF8 drops. 

Elderly-man-and-grandson-playing-video-g

Holy fuck grandpa can I at least get one round. 

HEHEHEHHEEeeeeeee *wheeze* back in my day we hit the just frame FADC super cancel cross fade. Now you scrub little shits just press one button and think that's footsies! *Wheeze* give gramps a diet coke sonny......

Edited by TWINBLADES_SRK
2 hours ago, nontetha_nkwenkwe said:

Speaking of dick in plastic, a certain package just came in today.

Edit

zhtGRYh.jpg

Expectations:
Bees intestines and penis are the same thing During the orgasm it explodes, the bee does a backflip then dies the explosion is audible by human ears

Reality:
jerkoff-gif.322591

Edited by ZioSerpe

@mykka I want you to do know this is your fault. Extremely quick. Had to get it out of the way so I can finish the other concept I was working on.

Name: Phantom

Nickname: Paralyzing Siren

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Chinese ?

Height: 5ft 6in(1.68m)

Weight: 126 lbs. (57kg)

B/W/H: 34-22-35 (86cm-56cm-89cm)

Hometown: Hong Kong

Appearance: Phantom is a slender but fit woman. Her long black hair hangs to the small of her back and is styled into two braided pony tails. She wears a custom knee length qipao that features full length sleeves. Phantom's qipao is silver in color. Her collar, buttons, sleeve, and skirt edges are outlined in purple. She has black stockings on her legs. Phantom has purple ankle length leather boots on her feet. At the base of her wrists, Phantom has two small needles that she channels her stunning poison through to debilitate her foes.

Dislikes: Failure, Easy Tasks

Fighting Style: Chinese Kenpo

Tone: Phantom focused a cold woman. Her mission is paramount. Nothing else matters.

Origins: Phantom was a con artist hailing from the streets of Hong Kong. Like the sirens of the old Greek legends, she'd tempt male passersby with her beauty. Once she lured them to her lair, her brother would record incriminating video of the unsuspecting target. They used this take to force their unwitting marks to surrender all their cash and valuables. One day they targeted F.A.N.G., something in Phantom's eyes intrigued F.A.N.G. They tried their con job on F.A.N.G., but he didn't care for their tricks. He presented them with a, unbeknownst to them, poisoned stack of cash or ornamental dagger. The cash would cost them their lives and the dagger their hands. If they feel into F.A.N.G.'s trap. While her brother eyed the money, Phantom was enamored with the dagger. Something about the strange characters inscribed upon it called to her. Too F.A.N.G.'s surprise. She did not want the dagger. She only wanted to learn the meaning of the characters engraved in it. F.A.N.G offered to teach her the meaning of the characters, but she'd had to give up everything to gain this knowledge. She accepted F.A.N.G.'s terms. He christened her “Phantom”. She abandoned her former life and walked off into the night with F.A.N.G...never to be seen again.

Her Rival: Ed

Attributes: Health: 2 Power: 2 Range: 3 Mobility: 5 Technique: 3
925 Stamina 925 Stun

Special Note: Phantom's open palm strikes poison her opponents with a paralyzing poison. This poison inflicts 5 point of stun per second for 5 seconds. This causes up to an additional 25 points of stun on normal special moves and 50 for EX specials. Unless otherwise noted.

Throws:

Head Over Heels -LP+LK: Phantom hooks her foes right ankle with her right foot and performs a windmill kick that cause her flip onto their head.

Debilitating Flight -B+LP+LK: Phantom hooks her foes crouch with her right foot and performs a back spring split kick that sends her foe sailing overhead and behind her.

Unique Attacks:

Nirenko – B+ HP: Phantom strikes with a quick high-low left palm strike combination. Attack causes Stun DOT damage on hit. -7 on block.

Double Take – F+MK: Phantom advances on her opponent with a forward moving, standing, double knee strike.

V-Reversal:

Mesmerizing Wheel – F+PPP: Phantom cartwheels through her opponent landing behind them.

V-Skill:

Stunning Palm- MP+MK: Phantom strikes with a forehand back fist. If time correctly, the back fist will deflect her opponent's physical attack and she'll counter with a twin open palm strike. Her left hand palm strike at the base of her foes neck and her right palm strikes the lower abdomen. Counter palm strike does 60damage/180 stun. Backhand only does 45damage/60 stun.

V-Trigger 1:

Stunning Aura -HP+HK: Phantom generates a poison aura field that slowly paralyzes her foe. Her opponent's stun gauge slowly builds if they are in close proximity to Phantom. Blocking does not negate the effect. Effect is only halted if Phantom is knocked down. If her opponent's stun gauge is full Phantom has to land a hit to dizzy them. 2 bar V-Trigger

V-Trigger 2:

Limbs of Enfeeblement-HP+HK: Phantom gains a poison aura around her feet giving her kick special attacks the same stun DOT properties as her open palm attacks.

• Bemusing Pirouette causes a Stun DOT of 5 stun per tick. EX version does 10 stun per tick.
  • Halting Heel becomes Benumbing Heel gaining a Stun DOT of 5 stun per tick. EX gains a 10 stun per tick DOT.

3-bar V-Trigger Permanent

Specials:

Stunning Pirouette - QCF + P: Phantom spins on one leg before striking with a powerful left hand open palm strike. Distance traveled and number of spins determined by the strength of the punch button. Pirouette is strike and projectile invincible from Frame 3. Cannot Pirouette through her opponents. LP (One Spin, Point Blank), MP, (Two Spins, ¼ Screen), HP (Three Spins, ½ Screen) EX (Three Spins, Strike/Projectile Invincible Frame 1, ½ Screen, Stun DOT increased from 5 to 10 per tick)

Paralyzing Palms -QCB + P: (Rekka)A “Rekka” style attack that can be extended by repeated the motion up to three times. Phantom strike with a left palm strike to the stomach, followed by a right palm strike chest, and ends the combination with a left palms strike to the neck. Punch button determines the distance traveled and attack properties. LP( ¼ Screen, Knocks Down), MP (1/3 Screen, Knocks Down), HP ( ½ Screen, Juggles in the corner), EX(Projectile Invincible Frame 3, Stun DOT increased from 5 to 10 per tick, ¾ Screen)

Immobilizing Kiss - F,D,DF+ P: (Anti Air) Phantom strikes her foe with an upward palm strike that lands under her foes chin and lifts them off the ground. Attack only has airborne attack invincibility. Has no grounded strike, throw, or projectile invincibility. LP(3F Startup, Quick left hand palm strike, Least Damage) MP (5F Startup, Slower right hand palms strike, More Damage, HP (7F Startup, Slow left-right palm strike combination, Most Damage), EX (3F Startup, Fast Left-right palm stike combination, Full Startup Invincibility, Most Damage, Crush Counterable, Stun DOT increased from 5 to 10 per tick)

Bemusing Pirouette- QCB+ K: Phantom spins on one leg to avoid her opponent's attacks. Pirouette is strike and projectile invincible frame 1. Can Pirouette through opponents. LK(Spins In Place), MK, (¼ Screen), HK (½ Screen) EX (LK+MK ¼ Screen, LK+HK ½ Screen , MK+HK ¾ Screen, Causes Stun DOT when passing through opponents, 5 stun per tick)

Halting Heel- QCF+ K: Phantom strikes at her foe with a jumping front kick. Kick button determines the number of kicks and the distance traveled. Attack is not strikes and projectile invincible. Attack is throw invincible. LK (Single Kick, ¼ Screen, Causes Juggle), MK (Double Kick, ½ Screen, Leaves Foe Staning) HK (Triple Kick, ¾ Screen, Knocks Down) EX (Gains Armor Frame 3, Triple Kick, ¾ Screen)

Critical Art:

Petrifying Onslaught - HCFx2+P: Phantom strikes her opponent with a right palm strike to the neck, left palm strike to the stomach, right-left palm strike combo to the chest, and final double palm strike to a sternum. The combination leaves her foe paralyzed. Phantom then pirouettes backward and then forward to into a high roundhouse kick to the temple. 6 Hits , 330 damage

Reasons to be in SFV:*

Phantom soles purpose is help F.A.N.G restore Shadaloo. F.A.N.G wants Neo Shadaloo disposed of. She will eliminate Ed, Falke, and all her cohorts. With Neo Shadaloo out of the way, her master will be free restore Shadaloo and find a way to bring about the return of Lord Bison.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

When I was hardcore into SF (sf4 days, 8 hours a day+), I preferred player matches.  The key to getting better was simple:

1) Find people better than you

2) Play them over and over until they leave

3) Find someone else better than you and start over again

Points and ranks were meaningless, and the fact that ranked matches were short meant you could rely on gimmicks.  Lose a match? No problem.  Just use the same strats on the next sucker and hope THEY fall for them.

When you were in a long set, all your gimmicks stopped working almost immediately, and the only thing to do was simply get better.  This was the easiest way to organically improve my game.  This method worked when playing people in person, in the arcades, and online.  All you needed to do was find someone way better than you and keep grinding.

I learned how to play SFIII this way too.  Having someone near your skill level might be more enjoyable, but I found struggling against an impossibly good opponent was a stronger strategy.  Getting good enough to block one high-level player's mixup ONCE was way more valuable than blocking a scrub's mixups hundreds of times.

8 hours ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

@misterBee I'll will keep this thread alive...this forum alive till it kills me. 

Also when we getting more stages? I'd love the rainy Alpha stage or even Forgotten Waterfall lmao

Good things coming in a few days. ;)

In other news I'll be taking art commissions soon.  Post some artwork later this week. :heart: