Stage Select

The Hip Hop and R&B Thread

My favourite Canadian rapper is Saukrates. This guy’s had a bit of a rocky career. Xzibit had him signed to Columbia for a bit, but then something fell through. Then he was signed to Def Jam and did a bunch of tracks with Redman but kinda disappeared. He also done some stuff with Common, Pharaoh Monch, Heltah Skeltah, Masta Ace, and some others. I’ll definitely post more stuff from him in the future, but this is probably my favourite track of his, it’s also one of his grittiest. His beats got a little more “bouncier” as he went on.

Edited by Mattatsu

I just realized that’s what LOX stood for, even though someone, somewhere had a line like “living off experience like the lox, i’m hot...”

edit: it was 50 for sure, can’t remember the track though. i think it was pre-GRODT.

edit 2: ahhh yeah

edit 3: i always loved that line “on a scale from 1 to 10, I’m a 9 with two m’s”

Edited by Mattatsu
14 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I wasn't feeling the new Lox album. I thought the production was weak throughout the whole thing. I liked only two tracks out of the entire album. 

I like about half the album, which is a lot for me. It’s really rare for me to like more than 5-6 songs on an album. 

It’s not album of the year but tbh I was expecting worse seeing how long they been doing it.

Edit: 

This is also the R&B thread so I’ll share my favorite R&B song so far this year

The beginning of the song really sets the mood. 

Spoiler

I’d drink her bath water 

Edited by Vhozite
15 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I wasn't a huge fan of the latest LOX album either.

A couple decent joints here and there but meh. 

Jhene Aiko seems like she got that good good but might be psycho on the low 😂

OH she's Def a psycho. Have you not paid attention to her on and off love of big Sean. Lmfao plus I'm pretty sure she's screamed how she loves his dick any chance she could 

It's Friday. 

Who remembers these? I know there are handful of people listening to this in the backseat of their parent's car on the way to school or to the game store  back in elementary school. 

Edited by GreatDarkHero
A few tear jerkers and a couple of trips down in memory lane. The slow route.

New music Friday

https://old.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/jgqo56/new_music_friday_october_23rd_2020/

Hawk already mentioned Ty’s new album, and if say that’s probably the biggest thing this week. You also drops from Dej Loaf, Gorillaz, and Joyner Lucas. The is also a couple “deluxe” editions with Dave East “Karma 3” and  21 dropped SM2 “Chopped not Slopped”

I hope this “deluxe” edition 2 weeks/months later trend dies alone in a house fire.

23 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I hope this “deluxe” edition 2 weeks/months later trend dies alone in a house fire.

I don't mind if the deluxe edition drops a few months after the initial. A few bonus tracks to give your album a shot in the arms isn't anything bad. Two weeks though? Should have made that shit a double album and be done with it.  

Was going between computers this weekend and haven’t been listening to much new stuff. New music tho

https://old.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/jkzjgc/new_music_friday_october_30th_2020/

Reddit link has singles too

Album wise we got drops from:

* Busta Rhymes,

* Trippie Redd (this one is bad according to a friend who is really into him. Too many features)

* Common

* King Von

* Omarion (had no idea this guy was still around)

* Outkast w/ a deluxe edition of Stankonia

King Von just got killed smh

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/rapper-king-von-2-others-fatally-shot-atlanta-n1246807

Edit: I’m reading the Reddit thread and I can’t stand how people react when a rapper gets killed.

Rapper: *lives the life and constantly raps about killing and guns”

Rapper: gets shot/dies young

Fans:

image0.jpg

Edited by Vhozite
15 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Somewhere some fans have forgotten some of these guys really do live the life.

This is what I’m saying...Von was obviously on that gangbanging shit. Dude had a murder case IN ATL. I 100% understand with people upset over his death and people are tired of these young men dying to the epidemic of violence. 

But if you are surprised when it happens you’re actually stupid.

Edited by Vhozite