Stage Select

The Hip Hop and R&B Thread


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Vhozite said:

It is but if we are giving out Grammy’s just as lifetime achievement awards why even nominate an album? I don’t like this for the same reason I don’t like when NBA refs give obvious make-up calls after they made a shit call in the other direction. How about the Grammys stop shitting on hip hop instead of giving out an award that is clearly little more than a participation trophy for one of the greats?

Grammys have a history of awarding artists as a "make good" for previous blunders. While To Pimp a Butterfly is an great album you know the only reason it won is to make up for giving Macklemore the grammy over Good Kid, Mad City. 

 

Was King Disease a better album than the other nominates? No but it was a solid project. I'm sure it a "make good" win for fuck it. I'm not gonna be upset over Nas winning something.

20 hours ago, Vhozite said:

- “The Plugs I Met II” by Benny the Butcher. Went in with no one expectations since I’ve seen Benny’s name around but never listened to his music. All in all it was pretty good, tho really not what I was expecting from someone called “the Butcher” lol. Might check him out in the future. 2 Chainz was pretty good...had no idea he was still around.

I'm a big fan of Benny and I been listening to it. I personally think the first Plugs I Met had better features but I like the production on this one more. I think Burden of Proof is better than both. 

 

20 hours ago, Vhozite said:

“Judas and the Black Messiah: The Inspired Album” has something for everyone since it’s basically a big collab. You got Jay-Z, ASAP Rocky, G Herbo, Nipsey Hussle, and more. First half started off pretty weak but basically everything 10 and higher is heat. 

I felt the opposite. I liked the first half of the soundtrack moreso than the second. I felt the first half had more songs with a revolutionary feel to it which so what I want from music inspired by that movie. 

Link to comment

I honestly haven’t seen the movie and I don’t even know what it’s about i just downloaded cause I saw a good lineup of artists. But you liking the first half just confirms what I said there is something for all kinds of hip hop fans 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Apparently X is now brain dead in a vegetative state. He was just about to make a comeback too, we need a miracle 😔

Yeah I came to this thread to post this. Hope he pulls through but like you said heard he’s a near brain dead. Not looking good. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I follow this guy on IG and this was one of the few clips of his I found unfunny lol.

It's funnier because it's become more and more accurate since he posted the original lol

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

 

What is this match up? This is 9-1 on Eve favor. Trina ain't got shit that can compete with Eve's catalog 

That depends on what region you're from, I'm from the south and Trina got bangers. Nobody listens to Eve down here, however that probably holds true for Trina up north. I'd say Eve would probably win tho, since I think her music is more know worldwide, and she is a better lyricist. 

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was really Jada vs Cam'ron mostly, the rest were just there for background noise. Jada set the tone immediately and maintained it, the freestyling on top of that sealed the deal. 

 

Dipset clearly ain't rehearse or pick the right songs to play, they have hella bangers but Lox came with a clear plan in mind and had ridiculous synergy performing together. You can tell Dipset probably linked up the day of for the first time in awhile 

 

Slightly salty cuz I picked Dipset but them dudes were so unprepared, like deer in headlights🤦🏾‍♂️😂

Edited by HD-Man
Link to comment
7 hours ago, HD-Man said:

It was really Jada vs Cam'ron mostly, the rest were just there for background noise. Jada set the tone immediately and maintained it, the freestyling on top of that sealed the deal. 

 

Dipset clearly ain't rehearse or pick the right songs to play, they have hella bangers but Lox came with a clear plan in mind and had ridiculous synergy performing together. You can tell Dipset probably linked up the day of for the first time in awhile 

 

Slightly salty cuz I picked Dipset but them dudes were so unprepared, like deer in headlights🤦🏾‍♂️😂

I don't know when Jada freestyle but one of the "freestyles" was a mixtape diss to gunit but it applied to dip that night 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Maxx said:

I don't know when Jada freestyle but one of the "freestyles" was a mixtape diss to gunit but it applied to dip that night 

That's was probably it then, I hadn't heard the G Unit diss before so possibly 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

It was really Jada vs Cam'ron mostly, the rest were just there for background noise. Jada set the tone immediately and maintained it, the freestyling on top of that sealed the deal. 

 

Dipset clearly ain't rehearse or pick the right songs to play, they have hella bangers but Lox came with a clear plan in mind and had ridiculous synergy performing together. You can tell Dipset probably linked up the day of for the first time in awhile 

 

Slightly salty cuz I picked Dipset but them dudes were so unprepared, like deer in headlights🤦🏾‍♂️😂

I am not following like I used to but I didn't even know Dipset were still going. I can understand why they would lose, it is like asking a five year retired NBA star to try and out perform Carmelo or LeBron one on one in gym drills.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I am not following like I used to but I didn't even know Dipset were still going. I can understand why they would lose, it is like asking a five year retired NBA star to try and out perform Carmelo or LeBron one on one in gym drills.

They aren't really still Goin. Neither is really putting out new stuff. Like cam put out a mixtape a few years back, Jimmy supposedly in the studio according to what he said on budden a while back. 

Link to comment
53 minutes ago, Wellman said:

I am not following like I used to but I didn't even know Dipset were still going. I can understand why they would lose, it is like asking a five year retired NBA star to try and out perform Carmelo or LeBron one on one in gym drills.

Jim Jones is the only one still releasing new music. Juelz got out of jail a while back and Cam doesn't do much.

Link to comment

Cam usually just roast mfers on Instagram and has drama with one of his neighbors that he smashed who's stalking him now 😂

 

I would like to catch that Lox/State Property/Dipset concert tour but I'm working on every date they tour 😤

Link to comment
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Cam usually just roast mfers on Instagram and has drama with one of his neighbors that he smashed who's stalking him now 😂

 

I would like to catch that Lox/State Property/Dipset concert tour but I'm working on every date they tour 😤

Nigga cam put a whole ass porn tape on ig😂 how does he still have Instagram 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select