Stage Select

The DBFZ General: v3 SSGSS Edition (NOT CLICKBAIT)

So, I could never get a match during the Beta, tell me, is this the rightful heir to MvC2, a forgettable franchise fighter or an afront to DBZ and the FGC?

Also, Anyone knows if the OST pack will be available for purchase later? I want it but I'm not paying for a season pass until all the characters are in.

ADMIN EDIT BY @misterBee :

I'd like to prevent this site from have too many unused subforums, so we'll keep it to this thread for now.

If activity increases and people feel like this game needs its own subforum, please post in the subforum request thread.

• 2 weeks later...

You can end a string of normals with ki blast or destructo disc. These are pretty safe UNLESS your opponent has lvl3. If they have level 3 they can reversal you before the projectiles come out.

If you call an assist during your blockstring it will keep you safe as well. You can do something like L, M, assist, H. Opponent will have to block your assist, so won't be able to punish the H.

If you don't feel safe using a projectile ender and don't have assist, then the best you can do is something like L, L. Anything more and you're unsafe on block. Luckily timing in this game is pretty lax so hit confirming shouldn't be too hard.

18 pauses for a bit to call 17, and if you are hit at any point, 17 will disappear. 17 can be hit as well.

I prefer to use 17 for oki and in neutral, but if you're in someone's face and already in the middle of a blockstring, I'm not sure you can really call him in safely. You can probably combine him with an assist though if you want the added layers of offense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know I'll probably won't get an answer for some time but here's my question: How do you approach the usefulness of reflect? Only as recently of last week I decided to approach it like I did with 3rd Strike Parry & have been getting some mileage on that approach. I've pretty much abandon the use of reflecting on wake up since there's so many options to bait it and punish it. 

51 minutes ago, Weeaboo said:

I know I'll probably won't get an answer for some time but here's my question: How do you approach the usefulness of reflect? Only as recently of last week I decided to approach it like I did with 3rd Strike Parry & have been getting some mileage on that approach. I've pretty much abandon the use of reflecting on wake up since there's so many options to bait it and punish it. 

You can't throw it out randomly, but it's a pretty important part of the game.  In some cases reflect might be the only way out of corner pressure, since there's no pushblock.  It's also handy for nullifying beams.  You're right in that other people can bait it, but it's definitely something you're going to want to use when you can.

Rather than use it on wakeup, I'd suggest using it when you know there are holes in the opponent's offense.  If your opponent gets wise and starts to bait it, you might just have to block for a while instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

spacer.png

Welcome. 

Seeing how we didn't seem to have an avenue for discussion yet.... I went ahead and did the honors. There's the old thread, but it wasn't very organized and hasn't seen a post for 2 years. 

Come here for everything Dragonball FighterZ. Post tech, discuss meta, or just meme around. Sonichuman did his best on the old site to post new content, so I'll do the same here. 

Here's some content to get us started:

Here's some notable content creators for DBFZ as well:

https://www.youtube.com/c/rooflemonger

https://www.youtube.com/c/JustRelaxKid

https://www.youtube.com/c/teamspooky

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqyPbMQMNLq5EcEaJgfyJMQ

https://www.youtube.com/c/BandaiNamcoEntertainmentAmerica

https://www.youtube.com/c/shoyoumomo

Tossing if off to you, folks. Enjoy. 

spacer.png

Edited by M A R T I A N
Typo.

So I have some questions. (Brand new to fighting games. Picked up dbfz last week and thats the extent of my time trying to learn a fighting game)

First, I thought you just had to hold back and a button to get out of a combo if they drop part of it but when I played a few matches that wasn’t working. Figure I’m either dumb or there was more too it.

Second, do you have any tips on getting used to the rhythm of moves and transitioning to different inputs you haven’t labbed? For example I can do a basic BnB combo with kid buu (he’s the one I’m having the hardest time with because his moves have weird delays) the combo starts as 2m-5m-jl-m-l-jl-m-2h ect… but in a real match I have to do stuff like air dash forward h overhead to 2m-5m ect… Is there a good way to practice these kinds of changes so I don’t panic when I don’t just get a free setup? I find that I end up mashing so I get stuff like two 2m and miss my 5m opportunity. Same thing happens in some other combos when I have to wing the start, I’ll end up mashing.

Do I just need to keep grinding other combos and as muscle memory improves it will work itself out or is there something I can do to get used to reacting to those changes faster?

23 minutes ago, BeetleCrisp said:

So I have some questions. (Brand new to fighting games. Picked up dbfz last week and thats the extent of my time trying to learn a fighting game)

First, I thought you just had to hold back and a button to get out of a combo if they drop part of it but when I played a few matches that wasn’t working. Figure I’m either dumb or there was more too it.

Second, do you have any tips on getting used to the rhythm of moves and transitioning to different inputs you haven’t labbed? For example I can do a basic BnB combo with kid buu (he’s the one I’m having the hardest time with because his moves have weird delays) the combo starts as 2m-5m-jl-m-l-jl-m-2h ect… but in a real match I have to do stuff like air dash forward h overhead to 2m-5m ect… Is there a good way to practice these kinds of changes so I don’t panic when I don’t just get a free setup? I find that I end up mashing so I get stuff like two 2m and miss my 5m opportunity. Same thing happens in some other combos when I have to wing the start, I’ll end up mashing.

Do I just need to keep grinding other combos and as muscle memory improves it will work itself out or is there something I can do to get used to reacting to those changes faster?

Glad to see ya made it. 

1. You tech by holding a direction and pressing a button. I usually just press Light. Lots of people don't expect you to tech down, I would work on trying to tech in different directions to keep yourself ambiguous. 

2. You just need to practice doing inputs more. One of the most important skills to have in this game is being able to turn a stray hit in neutral into big damage. Practice a lot of instant air dashes into Heavy. Kid Buu's jumping heavy is ideal for this. Eventually you'll just be in the same situation so many times that your hands automatically know what to press without even thinking about it. It just takes time and patience man. Practicing combos over and over again off normals you're not comfortable with will speed that process up a lot though. The more combos you try and learn off different moves, the more you'll understand how things flow together. 

At first it's hard to apply newly learned combos in real matches because you're still focusing on so many different things. Even if you can do a combo like the back of your hand in the lab you're still gonna have tons of matches where you just don't have the mental capacity to worry about everything that's happening on screen AS WELL AS your shiny new combos. 

Just keep playing, keep going back to the lab and practicing stuff you struggle with execution wise. Once it becomes easy to do, play real matches until it's easy to do in a real match too. 👌

13 minutes ago, BeetleCrisp said:

Are there any good resources for block strings (think that's what it's called)? I don't really know what to do when someone is blocking and generally just end up getting hit at some point.

I know I link a lot of Roofel but, his stuff is generally pretty easy to understand so it's pretty good for the early stages of learning the game. 

18 hours ago, BeetleCrisp said:

So I'm having a really hard time getting the hit in the first combo after you bring them to the ground when you dash forward and light auto combo them after they bounce off the wall. Any advice on how that timing works?

Oh, yeah, he's whiffing the first hit of the auto to optimize the damage. I really wouldn't worry about little variances like that yet. You can literally just run up and jab, j. M and continue into bnb. 

For a little more damage, you could even run up, 2M >5M into whatever bnb. I would largely ignore combos with auto combo whiffs and just use one of those two buttons to covert off a vanish wallbounce. 

I think it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery likely the next character will be Toppo. If for no other reason than I don't know any other truly -great- characters missing, and they're definitely focusing on Super characters.

I'd love to see.... Pikkon or Raditz or Zarbon, but I really doubt we'll ever see them. I'd also like Towa, but I believe she's Xenoverse only.

We might get Turles just so that Bamco can slap us in the face with another goku reskin.

45 minutes ago, Scanman said:

I think it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery likely the next character will be Toppo. If for no other reason than I don't know any other truly -great- characters missing, and they're definitely focusing on Super characters.

I'd love to see.... Pikkon or Raditz or Zarbon, but I really doubt we'll ever see them. I'd also like Towa, but I believe she's Xenoverse only.

We might get Turles just so that Bamco can slap us in the face with another goku reskin.

None of the Goku's are reskins. Let that meme die. 

I'm almost 100% sure Raditz, Shenron, or Toppo are one of the remaining two. 

9 hours ago, M A R T I A N said:

None of the Goku's are reskins. Let that meme die. 

SSJ Goku, Blue Goku, and Base Goku obviously are though. They even share many normals (same with the Vegetas).

Black, UI, Bardock and the fusions have the same model but with totally different everything (except it looks like Bardock and UI have the same 2M as each other).