Stage Select

The DBFZ General: v3 SSGSS Edition (NOT CLICKBAIT)

13 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

With how crazy these buffs are, I can’t tell if this is a glitch or not.

I don't think that is a glitch and it's probably been something he can do for some time but we're probably on just now aware of it.  How often has Krillin died and landed on a bean in a match?  I'm betting it's been like that and this situation has just never occurred.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

So, why is Trunks considered ass in the new patch? As far as I know he was considered and ok to good character prior.

I haven't really heard anything about him being ass.  He just doesn't have low hitting L and to be honest if he did with all of the ex flip mixups he'd be ridiculous.  He's fine where he is to be honest.  He's got really strong left right mix, he has a really high damage level 3 command grab that people have to consider when pressuring him, and he has a spammable special that is literally a wall of hit boxes to control space with if he needs to.  I've never heard he was trash I think its more so that people have to work harder woth him than some of the other higher tier characters out there.

I

7 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

Say I want my team to be 17, trunks, 21:
How should I order them?

I'd probably keep 21 last as your anchor and 17 and Trunks could probably be interchangeable depending on who you're fighting and who you are better with.   I almost want to say put Trunks first so you have access more access to 17's A assist that can block attacks and counter.  That's my thought process though.  21  can handle herself the best out of the 2 of them which is why I feel she needs to be anchor.

8 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

How should I order them?

For me, I would say, Trunks as anchor, 21 on point with assists 21 A, 17 B & Trunks B.  I find that 17 and 21 work a lot better with assists, especially if you want to get the max damage out of them.  Plus they have much better corner carry with beam assists, 21 can pretty much get you from corner to the corner off a 2L starter combo.  If you're better with 17, then you might want change Trunks a A, to help hide your rekka mix ups.  It also depends on your play style, I'm a more defensive player and had many 1 vs 3 comebacks with Trunks.  One of the beautys of DBFZ, eps after the latest patch, pretty much any team works, you just have to taylor it a little to your play style.  Having said all that, I haven't played much recently, after Strive's netcode, it's really hard to go back.  DBFZ with rollback... one day... one day...

21 minutes ago, Laughingman said:

For me, I would say, Trunks as anchor, 21 on point with assists 21 A, 17 B & Trunks B.  I find that 17 and 21 work a lot better with assists, especially if you want to get the max damage out of them.  Plus they have much better corner carry with beam assists, 21 can pretty much get you from corner to the corner off a 2L starter combo.  If you're better with 17, then you might want change Trunks a A, to help hide your rekka mix ups.  It also depends on your play style, I'm a more defensive player and had many 1 vs 3 comebacks with Trunks.  One of the beautys of DBFZ, eps after the latest patch, pretty much any team works, you just have to taylor it a little to your play style.  Having said all that, I haven't played much recently, after Strive's netcode, it's really hard to go back.  DBFZ with rollback... one day... one day...

At this point as much as it would be amazing if they did retrofit DBFZ with rollback....I don't think it's coming.  I think the game as it is now is pretty much what it's set to be both from content and patch.  The game is in an amazing places balance wise right now.  The game was also crazy really successful so for them not to do a Super DBFZ or DBFZ 2 would be ridiculous and that's when we'll get the rollback.  If they go put it in?  Great!  Everyone would be happy for it but I'm not expecting it at this point.

56 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

At this point as much as it would be amazing if they did retrofit DBFZ with rollback....I don't think it's coming.  I think the game as it is now is pretty much what it's set to be both from content and patch.  The game is in an amazing places balance wise right now.  The game was also crazy really successful so for them not to do a Super DBFZ or DBFZ 2 would be ridiculous and that's when we'll get the rollback.  If they go put it in?  Great!  Everyone would be happy for it but I'm not expecting it at this point.

I completely agree, I'm not holding my breath for them to put rollback in anytime soon (if ever), I'm enjoying my time with Melty anyway.  The game is pretty much perfect at what it setout to achive, the gameplay & mechanics, the visuals & interactions.  The ref to the shows, both old and new, like when SSJ Vegeta does a finial flash on Majin Buu and then does the, "I'm going to hell alone..." line, the respect to the material deserves the admin fee alone.

Yeah, there's definatly going to be a follow up.  Personally, I hope it's Dragon Ball Vs another franchise, like Naruto, Bleach, My Hero or even Demon Slayer.  That way you'll have another audience and a fresh bill of characters to draw from.

Edited by Laughingman
23 hours ago, ZioSerpe said:

How should I order them?

21 is one of the best anchors in the game currently and Trunks has always been a really dependable mid or anchor. 

17 A/ Trunks A or B/21 Any Assist sounds like it could be pretty nasty. 21 A is a high blockstun, single hit assist now, so it can set up some unique pressure for 17 and Trunks while also working as a combo extension/ neutral assist. 

Might be hard to stop people from holding upback against you if you don’t pick Trunks A but, overall sounds pretty solid to me 

On 11/8/2021 at 11:38 PM, ZioSerpe said:

who can I watch to see a 17 player?

I'm not aware of any prominent 17 players off the top of my head unfortunately.   There was a really good match I watched hat had 17 in it but I can't find it.  If happen to come across anything I'll post it though.  Been mostly following OBAssassin since I'm a big fan of Hit and his HIt and Trunks gameplay has been really great.

CEO day 2 leading into the finals

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1223797586

Also not really related to DBFZ per say buuuut BB Central Fiction and Cross Tag are getting rollback net code support.  Pretty crazy that they're going back and putting it in these games but if they're bothering to go back and put it in for these games it makes me wonder what are the chances of them potentially retrofitting DBFZ.

@ZioSerpeThere is a 17 in top 8 called Jaazzrap.  He's in losers though but he made it to top 8 regardless.  Might not be a bad player to look into.

Edited by Sonichuman

@ZioSerpe So I've been pretty much watching the 12 v 12 today since I finally had a chance to...and Yasha is playing Blugeta, Vegito, and 17 anchor.  France is down to their last player and they have 4 people to go and he's up against Sonicfox and takes him out 2-0.  He's using the barrier assist like I expected but he is making 17 work as an anchor.  You may want to take a look at what he's doing too.

Edit:  God damn... Yasha is a fucking GOD. He made Coach Steve look like a child.

Also USA Regional Finals USA Top 8 got put 4 days ago

Edited by Sonichuman

FGC drama

So...Punk said he was going to pick up DBFZ and get good at the game and I believe stated that he had the goal of being in top 8 at the next major.  He's been enjoying the game despite getting frustrated with stuff online.  So...he decides to Money Match Koustics FT7 for $250.

I like Punk...money matching someone with this much experience in this game...in THIS type of game was not wise.  Respect the balls though.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a small update.  Hiroki said that they are going to continue powering up DBFZ going into this year.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2022/jan/03/dbfz-producer-hints-beyond-coat/

also looks like Punk is getting better

People really trying to hype Punk like he's single handedly revitalizing the game.  Again I like Punk but kinda finding that mindset annoying.  When he starts going up against people who have won tourneys consistently and doing well then we'll talk.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard people were made at Frosty Faustings cause apparently DBFZ had 400 entrants and they didn't stream any pool matches but there's some type of "lore" regarding the way how Frosty treats other games that aren't BlazBlue, Guilty, or Melty in that regardless of the amount of people they won't stream the pools.  Interesting really.

Anyway here's the top 24 and Top 8.

If you're curious about the Monney match between Punk and Koustics...it didn't happen unfortunately because Koustics couldn't make it but he put a bounty on Punk if anybody could take him out so he didn't make top 8.

Also some unfortunate news.  Due to Covid going crazy again they decided to indefinitely postpone (read: cancel) the World Tour this year for now.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2022/jan/26/dbfz-world-finals-indefinitely-postponed/

Super unfortunate but...what can you do?  The Dragon Ball Games Battle Hour 2022 is still going to happen and supposedly there's some special online event planned.  If there ever was a time for Bandai Namco to seriously consider putting Rollback in this game if they are not gonna just roll out DBFZ2 then it's definitely now.

The unnecessary swag on this AGohan combo @ 8:09