Stage Select

The DBFZ General: v3 SSGSS Edition (NOT CLICKBAIT)

On 2/2/2022 at 9:29 PM, Sonichuman said:

snip

Frosty Faustings is a Blazblue, Guilty Gear and Melty Blood major 1st and fore most.

In fact it started as a GG gathering for when ElvenShadow came from japan to usa during january for his birthday that he organized to play with friends on the scene, hence the Frosty Faustings name (he is a Faust player), after a while it became a seasonal tournament for GG and other ASW games + Melty Blood/ other French Bread games and afterwards a while it became a major.

While other games are welcomed, the focus are those 3 games.

Edited by Hecatom
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering the fact that we have another Dragonball movie coming out that might be why Season 4 information has kind of slowed to a crawl at this moment and we only have Labcoat and nothing else.  We might be getting more characters from the movie and that might be why things have slowed down.  OR this could be a SFV situation and they're actually working on the sequel in tandem hopefully with rollback.  In any case if we get anymore information about this game prior to the release of Super Hero I'll be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

theres a good ginyu player i wanna show.

he has a good youtube channel.

Majin Acolyte comes up in my feed often.  He'd def fun to watch.  His Zamasu is also pretty good.  One of his vids came in my feed that really showed how annoying that character can be in neutral.

If you're fighting against a good zamasu  and they start flying then you will likely have to hold that.

Its pretty much like trying to smack a fresh fly out of the air with your hand.  A fly that refuses to land on anything for a second.

This doesn't really provide much new information aside from good insight on why Z-bully is a terror.  One thing I missed or must have forgotten was that his shield doesn't get damages by any assists projectile or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Bum1six3 had a pretty big in person tourney last weekend, People that were there included Pred, Punk, HookGangGod,  Sonicfox, Wawa, Yasha, Nitro, OBAssassin, Shanks, Alukard and probably some others that I'm not aware of.....Koustics was also there commentating so you KNOW there was drama lol.  Koustics was talking mad shit lmao.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1444370983?t=5h16m58s

This should start where the tourney begins

Koustics popping off about Punk

https://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/clip/DelightfulApatheticDumplingsCorgiDerp-bHVs0TJRBJhS-4LS

Koustics talking shit about the French players lol

https://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/clip/AgileThoughtfulHamsterMVGame-iSBoKXh296NVaqyp

Edited by Sonichuman
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine was saying that he still has hopes for Rollback on DBFZ.

For my part I was telling him that by now, if they add rollback, I think it will be to a future sequel instead of this one, because IMO, their last opportunity was with the 21 (Lab Coat) update.

Unless they decide to add an extra surprise season like what happened with Xenoverse, I don't really see them updating the netcode.

But what do you think?

22 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

A friend of mine was saying that he still has hopes for Rollback on DBFZ.

For my part I was telling him that by now, if they add rollback, I think it will be to a future sequel instead of this one, because IMO, their last opportunity was with the 21 (Lab Coat) update.

Unless they decide to add an extra surprise season like what happened with Xenoverse, I don't really see them updating the netcode.

But what do you think?

It's a wild card really at this point because when BBTB got updated with rollback out of nowhere that added a faint glimmer of hope that people are still holding on to.  I didn't think they were going to do it at all and I still don't but there is an extremely slim chance that they'll do it for this game.  If they update this game with rollback that pretty much means they're actually fully invested in this game and they're just going to keep updating it which I think is perfectly fine.  DBFZ day 1 has turned into a near dif game leading up to this point.  If they are going  to just hold out and do stuff for a sequel they need to just hurry up and announce that shit cause the iron isn't going to stay hot forever.  I would love to see an updated look for the game using all the tech they've used with their newer games even though I'm perfectly fine with the way the game looks now.

If they don't announce rollback by the end of this year that I'm extinguishing that small flame of hope they lit earlier.

25 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

It's a wild card really at this point because when BBTB got updated with rollback out of nowhere that added a faint glimmer of hope that people are still holding on to.  I didn't think they were going to do it at all and I still don't but there is an extremely slim chance that they'll do it for this game.  If they update this game with rollback that pretty much means they're actually fully invested in this game and they're just going to keep updating it which I think is perfectly fine.  DBFZ day 1 has turned into a near dif game leading up to this point.  If they are going  to just hold out and do stuff for a sequel they need to just hurry up and announce that shit cause the iron isn't going to stay hot forever.  I would love to see an updated look for the game using all the tech they've used with their newer games even though I'm perfectly fine with the way the game looks now.

If they don't announce rollback by the end of this year that I'm extinguishing that small flame of hope they lit earlier.

I get your point.

The thing is that imo, A21 (Lab Coat) seems like it was meant to be the last character added to the game.

She was released alone, and there have been 0 announcements for any new season, chars released individually like her and/or content in general, outside the upcoming balance patch.

Imo the opportunity was with her, and if Bandai Namco didn't took it, I don't really see them adding it right now.

And while ASW has released Rollback for their older games (except for Xrd and Battle Fantasia), in this case is not really their call, the same for GBFVS (which I hope it gets rollback with the upcoming patches)

Like you said, if they have plans for a sequel, they need to announce it soon.

BTW, my friend since he is kind of new to fgs, thinks that a sequel is not very likely, lol.

I keep telling him that

1) Bandai Namco is always on the look for series to capitalize

2) It makes more sense to release a sequel than keep releasing season passes, since on niche games like fgs, the return becomes less after a while.

24 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I get your point.

The thing is that imo, A21 (Lab Coat) seems like it was meant to be the last character added to the game.

She was released alone, and there have been 0 announcements for any new season, chars released individually like her and/or content in general, outside the upcoming balance patch.

Imo the opportunity was with her, and if Bandai Namco didn't took it, I don't really see them adding it right now.

And while ASW has released Rollback for their older games (except for Xrd and Battle Fantasia), in this case is not really their call, the same for GBFVS (which I hope it gets rollback with the upcoming patches)

Like you said, if they have plans for a sequel, they need to announce it soon.

BTW, my friend since he is kind of new to fgs, thinks that a sequel is not very likely, lol.

I keep telling him that

1) Bandai Namco is always on the look for series to capitalize

2) It makes more sense to release a sequel than keep releasing season passes, since on niche games like fgs, the return becomes less after a while.

Sequel is inevitable.  DBFZ has been going strong and the community has been going strong for 4 years now.  It was a game that had more entrants than Street Fighter at Evo.  That isn't something to be ignored by any company that is smart.  The question I have though is do they have enough new ideas to make it a worthy sequel or is it just going to be dbfz spruced up with better graphics and a bigger roster/presentation? 

19 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Sequel is inevitable.  DBFZ has been going strong and the community has been going strong for 4 years now.  It was a game that had more entrants than Street Fighter at Evo.  That isn't something to be ignored by any company that is smart.  The question I have though is do they have enough new ideas to make it a worthy sequel or is it just going to be dbfz spruced up with better graphics and a bigger roster/presentation? 

That is something that my friend was saying about why he thinks that a sequel wasn't possible in his eyes

I think that there are a lot of ways they can innovate/change the game.

Like for example, they could make the game 2vs2 for example, but at the same time make the characters more complex than what they currently are.

They can also make the transformations a form of move swap for certain characters, seeing that there are a lot of fools that still complain that there are a lot of Gokus and Vegetas, lol

14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

That is something that my friend was saying about why he thinks that a sequel wasn't possible in his eyes

I think that there are a lot of ways they can innovate/change the game.

Like for example, they could make the game 2vs2 for example, but at the same time make the characters more complex than what they currently are.

They can also make the transformations a form of move swap for certain characters, seeing that there are a lot of fools that still complain that there are a lot of Gokus and Vegetas, lol

Mods have shown that transformations can be done but the issue is always balance.  Especially on the human character that don't get those benefits at all.  Transformations are fun and all but in a game that's supposed to be competitive they're really hard to work around when trying to make sure most of the cast is viable.  Do you make them all installs?  If you're going to do installs how are you going to handle installs for characters that have multiple forms while also making those forms worth to spend a resource to do?  One way they could go about it is the way A Gohan handles his levels.  Each level you put into your character gives the character access to more moves with smaller incremental strength.  That might not be so bad but it still has to be balanced out.   Do you make the base character tissue paper to make up for this innate ability to potentially get stronger through the match?  How likely is this character to reach their max in a match?  I mean we both know the only reason that there are so many Goku's and Vegeta's in the first place is because trying to balance around that is a nuisance. 

I'd like to have beam struggles somewhere as a mechanic in the game but I'm not even sure how to go about making it competitively viable save for 1 way and the way for that to happen it would require chip be in the game and a sort of wager system a la Injustice.  This mechanic would only happen as a form of desperation where 1 character if they happen to be below 10% on life and the opponent decides to try to super to chip them out then that's when this could potentially activate.  A cinematic plays while the struggle goes and they each have to guess how much meter the other character is going to put in which would determine who comes out on top.  Disadvantaged player gets nuked of course if he doesn't put in more meter than the one trying to chip him but if the disadvantaged player wins out on then they either eat the raw extra damage of the super or whatever life they have left just gets whittled down to the exact same level as the disadvantaged player (I think the former might be better since it feels a bit more exciting).  My idea is not fully fleshed out but it could be something like this where its not intrusive and it would only happen in a specific instance most likely when there's only 1 character standing on both sides.  I'm sure this could be tweaked in some way to make it work out.

I still want the game to be 3 v 3 personally but I want chip damage to be a real threat in the game.  I don't want it to be something as serious as MvC2 in some instances but I want characters to be able to die to chip in some way.  I'd probably loosen the cross up protection by a smidge.  I wouldn't touch the cross up protection by much cause there's way too much shit going on in DBFZ right now as it is that I think if they were to take it away completely this game would be an absolute cluster.

Like i said in my previous post about the topic.

DBFZ had more characters that were from bad to just decent than good characters in its dlc clycle.

Plus, all the companies making fgs have made both bad and good chars as dlc.

So dunno why you like to pretend that is just dbfz, or that only good/too good chars have been released.

Besides, A21 is no where near as bad as other chars in the past, both base roster and dlc.

23 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Like i said in my previous post about the topic.

DBFZ had more characters that were from bad to just decent than good characters in its dlc clycle.

Plus, all the companies making fgs have made both bad and good chars as dlc.

So dunno why you like to pretend that is just dbfz, or that only good/too good chars have been released.

Besides, A21 is no where near as bad as other chars in the past, both base roster and dlc.

No wonder some calling that practice some kind of pay to win

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

So dunno why you like to pretend that is just dbfz

Did I say it's only this game? No, I didn't 

2 hours ago, Hecatom said:

A21 is no where near as bad as other chars in the past, both base roster and dlc.

Doesn't make it okay. Kid Buu, Cell, Bardock, GT Goku, UI Goku are just as bad of an example. 21 just poured salt on an already open wound 

9 hours ago, PVL_93_RU said:

Leave it to Scamco Dumbdai releasing a broken character then trying to hurry and fix them with a dedicated balance patch 

Both Tekken 7 and FighterZ suffered from this issue. I'm actually impressed Soulcal 6 avoided such a fiasco 

Balancing FGs are hard.  Not even Capcom are above on this since they to have had this happened multiple times where a character gets released and either something about the character was over looked or the character was overtuned.  It's nothing new, it's going to happen, and it's going to continue to happen in the future.  If companies were releasing a character that was busted EVERYTIME then maybe people who try to use the 'pay to win' argument would have something to stand on but that isn't the case.  

This isn't really a rush to patch either since she had a chance to settle for almost 3 months before they said anything about it which is what I wanted.  It's a real nuisance now in FGs where people are whining and bitching about a character week 1 and week 2 and aren't even really labbing counter strategies around the character.  They'll immediately jump online and demand a character be nerfed down instead of them putting in the work to learn the match up.  Letting the character settle is the right call and gives people a chance who are actually labbing to show counter strategies for a character before the nerfing starts so they actually know what is actually busted about a character and what isn't.  It's clear Lab Coat definitely has some issues about her but I don't want Namco Bandai to put 2 bullets in her kneecaps so she'll never walk again.  Then that's just going to be a waste of a character slot.

On 5/4/2022 at 12:34 AM, Shakunetsu said:

No wonder some calling that practice some kind of pay to win

It would be p2w if it was that all characters were always top tier/made clearly broken, but if you go and see how the characters fared when they released, most dbfz chars have been between bad to mid tier, with only less of the 1/3th of dlc chars being above mid tier and only a smaller subset of them being top tier.

Fg characters can be tricky to balance, which is what happened here.

Besides, she is not as bad as people made it to be.

This is mostly scrubs complaining about a character, and idiots jumping into dumb bandwagons.

On 5/4/2022 at 2:25 AM, PVL_93_RU said:

Doesn't make it okay. Kid Buu, Cell, Bardock, GT Goku, UI Goku are just as bad of an example. 21 just poured salt on an already open wound 

2 of those characters aren’t even DLC…

I’ve already argued ad naseam about this character since she’s released, so I’ll just say this. Labcoat is definitely not worse than Season 2 GT. 

That being said: she’s easily the best character in the game right now and is eating up top 8’s at every tournament. As someone who’s competed offline several times this month; it’s obvious to me that she’s on every team at all levels of play too, simply because she’s such an well-rounded no brainer.

Incredible multi hit buttons with amazing frame data, all variations of beams and fireballs, all great assists (A being one of the best in the game), debuff, 3 unique supers, amazing damage, OTG stomps, easiest rejumps in the game….list goes on and on.

It’s not a problem that she’s a good character. Frankly, the debuff is what puts her right over the line into overbearing territory. She debuffs you, then you have to debuff her, and eventually you have matches that can already take a long ass time, stretching into eternity. It’s not fun to watch, it’s certainly not fun to play. 

You could leave her entire kit intact except for this debuff, and that change alone would probably be a huge boon to the game right now. Some people are asking for debuff to straight up be removed, but nah, doesn’t need to be that extreme. Just take away the permanent nature of the buff, maybe when she dies or switches out.  Anything but the way it works right now. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't fully been able to watch  Combo Breaker but I'm trying to get caught up starting with top 24 while I'm watching I wanted to bring up something entertaining.  OBAssassin ran into a Fusion player online for the past few months he's been talking shit.

So he challenged him to a money match first to 5 at combo breaker for 100.  Didn't think this guy would actually show but he did...You can  probably guess how it went

Sometimes people need that reality check.....multiple times.

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

im hoping for a good balancing. 

I'm starting to think something else is going on besides a patch right now.  21 got released at the tail end of Feb and since then the only thing that has been mentioned is a patch rebalance and bandai namco's continued support for this game.  Bandai Namco does have a stream coming up soon .

https://www.gematsu.com/event/bandai-namco-entertainment-summer-showcase-at-anime-expo-2022/

If they don't have an update on the game come then I'm gonna think that's kinda sus.

Aight things aren't sus anymore.  Patch is suddenly coming tomorrow

Patch notes here

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/dragon-ball/news/dragon-ball-fighterz-patch-notes-131?utm_source=BNEA_Twitter&utm_medium=Twitter_Official_Post&utm_campaign=DBFZ_Patch131

I already see people whining about patch notes in the twitter thread.

Edit:

reading through a few of theses and quite a few characters got buffs and also the ability to get access to some of their other supers if a character is down for Z Change.

I'm not sure how I feel about the changes I'm reading for 21 because I feel like they may have done thing thing I didn't want them to do and shot her kneecaps out instead of just crippling her.  And they did it while not really addressing the main problem with her as far as I can tell and that's the nerf super and and it being permanent.  They made it so that it can't be comboable anymore and it now just works like a complete command grab.  They also killed some of the invincibility but I think they came at the problem from the wrong angle.  They also killed the fuck out of her damage potential in nearly all other areas.  Stomp,  Total Detonation Ball.  All nerfed.  Looks like no more stomp loops and if you do the stomp it gets hit with a harder damage scaling penalty.  We'll see how this plays out in the next few weeks.

Edit 2:  Also looks like regular 21 may have lost her Oki mixup off her Level 3.  Reeeeally don't think they needed to do that but whatever...

Edited by Sonichuman

this patch is hella weird. trunks backflip is slow and doesnt create distance which makes me wonder why. why this change. im talking about 214m.

its fall is very floaty which makes me wonder if i can cancel it into a special. videl's moonsault cancelling into super. dont really get why. ive tried using it but meh. idk.