Stage Select

The DBFZ General: v3 SSGSS Edition (NOT CLICKBAIT)

more broken shit. btw, hit has a broken loop now with his auto combo in the corner now. he can wall bounce u now. into auto combo. into his last hit in auto combo  it wall splats. and u just get auto combo looped by him now.

i say auto combo. cuz it looks like his auto combo. but im not 100 percent sure. i got lopped last night by a hit doing this new patch combo loop. that looks like its just auto combo thats able to loop into intelf in the corner. i saved the reply so i'll look at it later.

screw it i found a vid

this patch is...yea. lol

this better not be the final patch of dbfz. im serious.

26 minutes ago, VirginDefiler said:

more broken shit. btw, hit has a broken loop now with his auto combo in the corner now. he can wall bounce u now. into auto combo. into his last hit in auto combo  it wall splats. and u just get auto combo looped by him now.

i say auto combo. cuz it looks like his auto combo. but im not 100 percent sure. i got lopped last night by a hit doing this new patch combo loop. that looks like its just auto combo thats able to loop into intelf in the corner. i saved the reply so i'll look at it later.

screw it i found a vid

this patch is...yea. lol

this better not be the final patch of dbfz. im serious.

I'm aware of the hit loop that is specifically from that video.  It's not really busted but it is fairy easy.  And yes that is his auto combo that he's doing.  Hit having that loop makes him more of a contender along with his new speed/mixup steming from his faster stance cancelling but that character needs that.  It only makes him a contender right now and he still has his main flaw which is he has trouble with high low mix up.  I doubt hit's tools are going to upend the fusion/waning 21 meta that still in full force currently, it just makes him more viable as a choice.

Yeah that Hit auto combo loop in the corner is nothing...Hit can really fuck you up in the corner now with the stance cancel combos

This is far more of a threat cause all it needs is hit to hit you with standing M, Standing H and it put you in the corner with his assists at the ready and he can fucking Body a character for 4 bars if his team has a character with a Level 2..  The fact that it's Hit makes this far more likely to get hit by than other characters because of how he moves during those attacks.  I'm willing to bet this combo probably builds a nice chunk of bar too.

So no new characters for DBFZ, BUT ROLLBACK NETCODE IS COMING...  But only for the PS5, Xbox Series and PC.

So essentially they've announced that the game is officially going to get released on the PS5, Xbox Series but Rollback isn't coming to Xbone and PS4 versions of the game?  That seems to be how I understand this announcement.  So it was kinda exciting and then...kinda died down but rollback in someway is coming to the game at least I suppose.

Hiroki said there will be an upgrade path from the last gen to current gen which seems to imply maybe getting access to the current gen through your last gen disc...they said to stay tuned on that.

Edited by Sonichuman
10 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

hope to get rollback soon. itll be weird to finally be able to block or 2H punish on reaction not prediction.. and the inputs to actually get recognized instead of delay based ignored only to eat combo.

i can finally block and punish superdashes now. yay.

Wait until the oppoent fies towards you in a teleporting manner like what happens in racing games 🤣

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so about the most broken team ive seen so far.

adult gohan paired with base goku using his ki charge assist.

i faced off against someone w username lvl7gohan.

and the matches were the most broken shit since piccolo hellzone loops.

before u know it goku gives him seven bars. adult gohan lvls up to 7.

next thing i know im getting looped in the corner. masenko, dp, masenko, dp. etc. 

death.

if that aint bad enuff yunno how u can punish his ex legs by cancelling your guard into 2h? well not when hes lvl 7.  cuz remember he can cancel ex legs directly into dp cuz hes lvl 7. remember he can also cancel dp into ex legs. and with 2 frame delay shitty netcode for a 2022 game, its impossible to stop him from doing whatever he wants as he goes from ex legs into dp into ex legs into dp till he eventually opens your guard up. . its impossible. oh and hes building meter while beasting you.

so hes smoking you, which he wouldnt be doing normally  at the very start of the match if it wasnt for goku giving him 6 bars in like 35 seconds lol

omfg.

i hate this game.

i even tried putting a stop to his lvling up by snapping out his android 18 point character to snap in goku to kill goku fast asap. doesnt matter.  most likely u wont kill goku 1 touch. before u can kill him he gets goku out n gets lvled up gohan back in. sure youll do better with a dead goku if u do kill him, but gohan will be leveled up close enuff to lvl 7 to lvl up to 7 without him and back into corner mesenko dp loops till your entire life bar gets evaporated.

its disgusting. this patch. i hate it, im hating the game like its season 2. phooey.

this better not b the final patch. im serious.

Edited by VirginDefiler
7 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

so about the most broken team ive seen so far.

adult gohan paired with base goku using his ki charge assist.

i faced off against someone w username lvl7gohan.

and the matches were the most broken shit since piccolo hellzone loops.

before u know it goku gives him seven bars. adult gohan lvls up to 7.

next thing i know im getting looped in the corner. masenko, dp, masenko, dp. etc. 

death.

if that aint bad enuff yunno how u can punish his ex legs by cancelling your guard into 2h? well not when hes lvl 7.  cuz remember he can cancel ex legs directly into dp cuz hes lvl 7. remember he can also cancel dp into ex legs. and with 2 frame delay shitty netcode for a 2022 game, its impossible to stop him from doing whatever he wants as he goes from ex legs into dp into ex legs into dp till he eventually opens your guard up. . its impossible. oh and hes building meter while beasting you.

so hes smoking you, which he wouldnt be doing normally  at the very start of the match if it wasnt for goku giving him 6 bars in like 35 seconds lol

omfg.

i hate this game.

i even tried putting a stop to his lvling up by snapping out his android 18 point character to snap in goku to kill goku fast asap. doesnt matter.  most likely u wont kill goku 1 touch. before u can kill him he gets goku out n gets lvled up gohan back in. sure youll do better with a dead goku if u do kill him, but gohan will be leveled up close enuff to lvl 7 to lvl up to 7 without him and back into corner mesenko dp loops till your entire life bar gets evaporated.

its disgusting. this patch. i hate it, im hating the game like its season 2. phooey.

this better not b the final patch. im serious.

Lvl 7 A Gohan has always been a threat but this patch actually made it worth spending the bar to get access to him.  I don't have any real advice I can give regarding him aside from treat him like SSJ4 Gogeta and delete his ass quickly if you get an opportunity to do so before he reaches that point.

Don't know if this is going to be the legit final patch or not because the PS5, PC and Xbox Series versions of the game are coming with roll back.  This may end up being something you'll have to deal with as everyone else will.  The meta is still centered around the fusions and 21 so nobody is really complaining about A Gohan right now since he has to build that win condition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been reading on twitter that they the announcement was literally nothing.  They showed up on stream apparently and said "ROLL BACK IS COMING AND IT'S GREAT"  then moved on to something else which is....quite sad and hilarious at the same time.  Why they bring that lady on stream to say nothing like that? lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DBFZ is actually going to get another Balance Patch, Rollback Netcode Beta coming Steam this Spring

Clip of Hiroki mentioning this, They're planning on doing another World Tour and they're making it sound like the decisions to do another balance patch was mostly due to it being a game chosen for EVO.

Edit:

Speaking of Tourney, here's the 2nd half of the World Tour

Not all of this is the World tour as you can tell by the schedule in the thumbnail  Top 8 starts around 32:39 and Grand Finals start around 7:02:15

Edited by Sonichuman
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, VirginDefiler said:

@B R O W N how r u liking the latest patch so far?

I think you asked this question not realizing how much I actually have to say about it, but it’s too late to go back now time to be that annoying fan everyone hates 🙏🏾

If I’m being totally transparent, my feelings are best summed up by “meh”. 

They announced this patch 2 days before release, alongside the fact that rollback is getting delayed. Mind you, rollback never even got an exact release date in the first place, so they essentially delayed something that was never even slated for release ever since it’s announcement late last year (about 10 months ago now, give or take).

I was excited by the idea of a new patch at first, because this game has been pretty stagnant for….a long time now. Especially since they dropped this dumbass bitch 21 (who had a complete chokehold on the meta alongside the fusions) and dipped on the community for over a year. 

So, now that this patch has arrived and we’ve parsed through all the new changes, I gotta say it just feels like this was thrown together days before the actual release, as a way to mitigate the obvious backlash they would receive from delaying rollback. 

Like, some of these changes are just total nonsense or quick band aid solutions.

-Nerfing the meter gain of the top tiers doesn’t really change what they’re able to do, it kinda just changes their team compositions. Coupled with his buffs, Baby is now probably gonna become a lot more standard on competitive teams. 

-Some of these buffs are pure nonsense. Blue Vegeta just got the entire world dumped on him. The BBA buff is SO out of pocket lol, and to make it worse it has an unintended effect with his auto combo that lets you loop multiple in a row for massive damage. 

-Beam buffs are kinda corny, everyone has beam loops now, and beams in neutral into SD is even stronger. Idk what they felt this adds to the game. They removed double supers years ago just to add this type of shit back? Like huh lol

-The random nature of these buffs in general just lead me to believe that this was all put together quickly. There are so many changes here that don’t attack the character’s problems. For every good change there’s a nonsensical one. Frieza got a better fireball? Ok great. Ginyu has a level 5 now?? Why?? Jiren’s TOD starter got buffed startup??? Z Broly can solo convert off j.H now????? Like who was asking for this stuff lmfao. 

The buff to C assist cooldown is honestly one of the only changes that make sense to me. Like, don’t get me wrong. It’s nice to see 21 and the fusions taken down a serious peg. It’s nice to see my retired mains like Frieza getting decent buffs. But this patch is ultimately a band aid solution to a shotgun wound. 

And really, at the end of the day, none of this shit matters much when the game isn’t playable online anyway. Lmfao. It’s hilarious they thought releasing this anywhere near SF6 was a good idea. Cause right now, when you compare what’s being offered between both games, it’s not even a contest man. 

I love DBFZ, it’s one of my favorite games ever, and  I’m only so harsh on it because I enjoy it so much. Bamco paraded this game around for years as their “most successful fighting game”, and for almost 2 years now we’ve nothing to show for it. 🤷🏾

yea twitter isnt embedding rn idk y.

yea, baby, blugeta, frieza, ginyu, n beerus won out this patch.

imo, frieza and blugeta won the most.

cuz frieza b assist is now AMAZING.

i was rocking blugeta frieza b.

i did slow fireball frieza b assist and connected bluegeta lvl 1 super punch. and frieza's fireball actually stays out on the field throughout the super and still keeps going after the super so u can still do mix ups with the fireball after the super.

shit is incredible.

plus u can do.

if u using frieza just do his slow fireball and do ki charge into dragon rush. yunno where your character's dragon rush goes really far. i cant tell u how many times ive thrown/dragon rushed people using the slow fireball. u can dash right past it. or use his standing M that goes far for 19 frames start up. frieza's slow fireball. that move is the best in the game right now.

im glad the fusion+21lc teams got broken up. but yea they can still do bs. but at least its calmed down bs. vs spike controller bs.

i think dbfz would be top ten fighters of all time if it was just better balanced. but its getting there. 

what i wish theyd do tho. is give us more stages man. and outfit changes. if they gonna delay rollback, at least give us much needed new costumes n areas.

id luv king kai little planet as stage.

in superdragonball z ps2 game it had king kai planet as a stage. most fun dbz stage ever.

• 3 weeks later...

ive seen some crazy shit in the 2k+ hours ive played dbfz, but recently the weirdest shit happened.

i think i was using roshi. and i was fighting a black goku. and yunno his supreme kai command grab? 

somehow he called the attack while i was doing the move where roshi gets behind you. 

and while i was behind goku black supreme kai grabbed me but goku black launched his kamehameha in the other direction.

it was the weirdest shit ive ever seen.

ill try to put it up here. so u can see i saved the replay.

oh yea and ginyu has double supers now. perhaps triple if he has enuff meter.

he can do either lvl 1 to lvl 1 sup or do lvl 1 to lvl 3. 

Edited by VirginDefiler
  • 5 weeks later...

blugeta, gotenks are busted af in this patch. their ability to cancel specials into specials is too much in the corner. but i live with it cuz at least they arent the "obnoxious" top tier dlc characters.

adul gohan still busted but he was busted before latest patch.

cooler, frieza and ginyu are not busted but big winners.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently the DBFZ patch dropped and the notes are coming tomorrow.  I am seeing some wild shit in my twitter feed right now.  Wild enough that I'm questioning if its real or not.

There is a clip that showed up that I can't find now that Hit can now pretty much delete a character fully by himself for 7 bars.  He can level 4 gun and then use level 3 after and it kills.

Edit:  found it

Edit 2:

Goku can also now easily Spirit Bomb by himself after doing level 2.

Looking for that clip.

Edit 3:

Found it

Edited by Sonichuman

Pattch notes

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2023/aug/23/dragon-ball-fighterz-version-133-patch-notes/

video of some of the changes

Some combos featuring the changes

Edit:

BRUH....The rat's reverse Kamehameha is invincible now?  That's NUTS.  Why would they do that!? lol

Edit 2: Reading through a lot of these.  I'm going to officially call this the Degenerate patch.  I really feel like they just wanted to make stuff more exciting while people were waiting for rollback so they just really went all out for this.  I don't think I see a single nerf in these patch notes.  Everyone got something.

Edited by Sonichuman
  • 5 weeks later...