Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

Someone asked in my other group brought up a good point. why wwe isn't pimping out the fact sasha is on the Mandalorian. Easily the hottest show on TV right now. It's very odd all their official channels are quiet about it and no mentions on TV either. 

They are going the batista route. It makes no sense wwe should be pushing her as this big Hollywood mainstream star. 

Like she could get more traction than becky. 

At least disney has girl out there promoting the show. Sasha is going to go hollywood and the mcmahons are bitter about it

If your parents ever shame you for still pressing buttons, tell them that the 30+ year long struggle to get WWE wrestlers unionized is about to hit a turning point because a lower-midcard valet was forced to choose between them and video game streaming (and OnlyFans featuring a ton of video game cosplay) and now the SAG  and the White House are getting involved because this was the last straw.  

Edited by Psychoblue
13 hours ago, DrLariat said:

Allegedly a work

But to me it is karl got drunk texted somebody she had a hunch and he confessed

Chad being 2 badd

So nia legit injured mandy rose out of the match

Why does she get pushed still?

Who said it was a work? Cause neither of them did. You don't drag your kids into ig stories about how your husband didn't come home and see them for days and play it off as a work. 

Edited by Maxx
8 hours ago, Maxx said:

Who said it was a work? Cause neither of them did. You don't drag your kids into ig stories about how your husband didn't come home and see them for days and play it off as a work. 

If it's an actual work... That involves a non-wrestling spouse and without a storyline on Impact with ZERO potential payoff... Then Anderson is the stupidest carny that every carny'd.

1 hour ago, scorp said:

These guys are so insecure about what the unwashed masses say about them they are constantly tweeting out shit like this 😅

Wrestling twitterverse living rent free in their heads

And AEW caters to those same unwashed masses who crowd Reddit and Twitter.

Their fan base is another huge reason why I don’t wanna support them. They have the worst fans I’ve ever came across since late aughts-early 2010’s ROH. 

Edited by iStu X
14 hours ago, scorp said:

These guys are so insecure about what the unwashed masses say about them they are constantly tweeting out shit like this 😅

Wrestling twitterverse living rent free in their heads

LOL what are you even talking about?

Retribution's Twitter game is mad on point. AEW smarks stay mad

14 hours ago, iStu X said:

Their fan base is another huge reason why I don’t wanna support them. They have the worst fans I’ve ever came across since late aughts-early 2010’s ROH. 

lol Dude you follow WRESTLING. Wrestling has one of the worst fan bases in the world.

Stop trying to justify not watching AEW in that regard. Your bias is blinding right now.

16 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

That doesn't fly when it wasn't used on Impact and it was entirely on Instagram stories and involved their kids. What exactly is the payoff here if all of it was a work? 

What i am saying is in no way it was a work. It was karl fucking up. Like i even said as much. Viet girls will cut your balls off.

AEW was a russo special tribute last night with post match beat downs. Like come on. If the main event had a turn let that be the lone post match beat down instead of saturating the trope all night.

NXT again decidedly the better show

So aew get criticized about failing to feature their women and especially hikaru shida the champion for months 

So they bring in new women and the nwa title and make it so the women want to fight for that belt. Completely ignoring any story building for shida at all.

Some aew fans "get the belt off shida and put it on anna jay because shida fails at ratings" mind you shida shows up more in the crowd than in ring and anna jay's popularity comes from being the elite memes

Yeah the aew fanbase is toxic af

Good thing we have places like this and the discord to discuss shit like normal wrestling fans

Edited by DrLariat
13 minutes ago, scorp said:

Yes it really is, considering I haven't said anything about WWE fans.

I was talking about your bias over all. But sure.

Conversations like we’ve been having is one of the reasons I don’t like AEW fans.

Fans don’t dictate me enjoying the product/hobby/whatever but the community is apart of fandoms/hobbies/whatever and if the community for that particular thing sucks and/or hard to deal with I generally want nothing to do with them or to even be associated with them. 

it’s why I next to never talk about my hobbies irl because I hate the communities for them and don’t want to be associated with them. 

Edited by iStu X
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I was talking about your bias over all. But sure.

Just cause you say it, doesn't make it true.

I don't disagree with the callouts on AEW, cause I agree with most of them.

Subjectively, it's just a more entertaining wrestling program for me.

Considering I've been toiling and pissed off at WWE for 10 years now, begging for a more entertaining product to come and I'm glad it came.

5 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Seeing as Bobby is both maga and a veteran...

Where did you see he was Maga.. Please supply evidence.  He's posted about supporting blm and blackout Tuesday that is the most anti Maga move you can do

Also please supply evidence that Karl said the breakup was a work

Edited by Maxx