Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

13 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Mighty Khali can walk. How did WWE miss this guy? He could be the guy they can win over the Indian market with.

I dunno I’m liking what I see of Veer and that’s no cap.  
maybe this guy was the one that got away when wwe did that all-India show on the tail end of the Thunderdome era

I love how Veer is being used, if I have any criticisms, I'd give him a less stereotypical monster heel personality, let him be cold and calculating but charasmatic. Dude has a great look about as is 

I'm sure NOT Khali will be OK in the long run, never cared for big men unless they can work. I feel his massive size will limit his match quality, hopefully I'm wrong tho. That debut segment fell flat however 

Edited by HD-Man
34 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I love how Veer is being used, if I have any criticisms, I'd give him a less stereotypical monster heel personality, let him be cold and calculating but charasmatic. Dude has a great look about as is 

I'm sure NOT Khali will be OK in the long run, never cared for big men unless they can work. I feel his massive size will limit his match quality, hopefully I'm wrong tho. That debut segment fell flat however 

Indian Umaga.

Not sure he's gonna be taking on the Cena's soon lol

I almost responded to this but now TK is arguing with people with less followers than me about the etiquette of this and I haven't gotten my CB gigs confirmed yet.  So I'll say it here.

I've been a clinical supervisor for 6 years now.  Even if TK takes some blame for giving this idea the OK, it's no one's business but the immediate parties involved for who came up with it, and especially being as specific as he is saying it's a veteran.  Why throw the guy under the bus like that?  Why even comment about the debut at all when it only happened a couple of days ago?  Dude might wind up being a big thing but now he's just another bullet for the bots. 

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Somebody just needs to be a social media advisor to Khan cuz this dude slipping. He needs to take the Vince approach and not post at all if possible

Moments like these are gonna make some of the smarter guys in AEW who aren't over the hill wonder if TK is Bischoff 1998 who couldn't see the iceberg in front of them until it's too late to change direction.  They're becoming far more frequent and if Cody's main event push is sustained to the world title picture, he won't be the only one breaking Tony's heart especially when they see him continuing to act this way knowing they could be made a scapegoat at any moment.

What gets me this time is Tony actually DID take responsibility for that shit segment, then proceeded to dive off a cliff by throwing another man other the bus, that was some childish shit there, very unprofessional. If I'm that 30 year veteran, I'm looking at him sideways right now and looking for an exit strategy 

And yes, WWE will book Cody well precisely for that reason, they want the other AEW guys to see its OK to jump ship. Cody's signing is both a middle finger to Khan and a solid business strategy, I wouldn't be suprised to see Jericho or even Moxley back in WWE with similar deals to Cody 

31 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Somebody just needs to be a social media advisor to Khan cuz this dude slipping. He needs to take the Vince approach and not post at all if possible

Him being on social media makes him feel like he isnt distant and 1000 years old. But he def needs a manager 

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

And yes, WWE will book Cody well precisely for that reason, they want the other AEW guys to see its OK to jump ship. Cody's signing is both a middle finger to Khan and a solid business strategy, I wouldn't be suprised to see Jericho or even Moxley back in WWE with similar deals to Cody 

Jericho would be back under a Hall of Fame deal or a part-time at best, Mox would be welcome back with open arms.  We've already gone over MJF but yeah.  

On 4/14/2022 at 10:56 AM, Hawkingbird said:

Mighty Khali can walk. How did WWE miss this guy? He could be the guy they can win over the Indian market with.

Veer could've been that guy if they just let him run the same gimmick he got on his social media lol.

3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

They straight up hit this dude like this

Wolverine_gut_sucker_punch.gif

WTF did he do to make them take a dump on this dude like that?

5 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Moments like these are gonna make some of the smarter guys in AEW who aren't over the hill wonder if TK is Bischoff 1998 who couldn't see the iceberg in front of them until it's too late to change direction.  They're becoming far more frequent and if Cody's main event push is sustained to the world title picture, he won't be the only one breaking Tony's heart especially when they see him continuing to act this way knowing they could be made a scapegoat at any moment.

From what is known TK is very sensitive to criticism it’s been documented in wrestling, American football, and fútbol. He feels the need to go on the defensive which funny enough he’s probably got a few AEW bots himself that will defend him. 

I have a theory that Tony Khan has a fetish for the “pop”. All these surprises and signings only for said signings to vanish to YouTube for a while it just doesn’t sit right with me.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:58 AM, HD-Man said:

LA Knight debuted as a manager for Mace during a dark match on the main roster.....they're gonna do to Knight what they originally wanted to do to Cole aren't they? 😔

Why not give Robert Stone that role?   

EDIT: And now he's trying to get FGC twitter's favorite insult over "Incel" as a catchphrase.  Bless him.

Edited by Psychoblue

Lol they should've never got rid of FTR in the first place. But FTR definitely ain't pulling a Cody, they're having way too much fun wrestling in different promotions and having dream matches. Plus the WWE  tag division is abysmal these days, due to a lack of depth

Only way I see them comin back is it they have some sort of creative control over their booking and a truckload of money 

Soo i felt like i needed to tell this story. Wrestling school drama

Spoiler

Sooo i wanna tell yall a story from wrestling school. Because i guess my spidersenses about this one dude were correct lol.

About a month ago we got a new dude named chris. He was riding a motorcycle for 4 hours from jersey to Massachusetts to train.

Now for me... And anyone with some sense thats fucking weird. 4 hours twice a week tontrain wrestling? I tried to logic it as maybe because the school is really good and well known. But i personally had trouble justifying this in my head.

I talked to the dude, seemed nice enough outside of wearing way too much thin blue line apparel. I have a general distrust of anyone with alot of that gear... We get it you were in the milotary/cop /republican. Calm down.

So he tells me hes a dj in jersey but felt he cant get a fair shake out there... Knows too many people. In the back of my head red flags and alarms are going off. My spider senses are buzzing loud as fuck. You have jersey, ny, ct shit even philly. But he comes to mass because he cant get a fsir shake in the tri state area. He also oddly seemed to know a few indy guys at shows we worked even though he wasnt a wrestler yet.

But i cant prove anything just yet but i def got the sense something happened there ans needed to get out. Also one of the other students came up to me a week ago and asked me what j thought of him. I told him the red flags and said i cant prove it but he might be sumtin to keep an eye on. He also tells me that their was some rumor he made some female wrestler uncomfortable somehow. In my brain im like.. Hes barely been here a month wtf. 

Sooooo today we get a message today by one of the head instructors.. He got kicked out. Apparently he had sent a bunch of sexual Messages to a wrestler. She felt really uncomfortable and didnt wanna work a show because she heard he was gonna be there. Her coach called ours and confirmed it with the dude and now hes kicked out and banned from  All chaotic shows.

Guess i was right lol