Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Speaking of dressing sexy...those sexy quarterly reports have WWE feeling froggy to a point they're ready to see how much of their momentum will be money.

With the pandemic fully lifting most everywhere there's a huge demand for these big venues to host big shows. Even a half-full stadium would make profit from however much it takes to rent out the place for the weekend. Being Peacock is already paid for, it's a low risk high reward gamble for them short-term too. If the attendance is meh, the momentum they've gained in Peacock views and network deals in general ensures that they can afford a bad turnout or two and then dial back with no long-term harm.

My guess is that it won't all be domestic shows either.  I could see another WWE Australia, India or even China stadium show.  

That Harland dude hella connected with rappers in the game for some reason, he should he able to find work without too much hassle. Extra dirty how WWE made him shave his head just to release him tho

Same for Bivens as far as finding work, hell probably manage MJF again

Edited by HD-Man
12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

That Harland dude hella connected with rappers in the game for some reason, he should he able to find work without too much hassle. Extra dirty how WWE made him shave his head just to release him tho

Same for Bivens as far as finding work, hell probably manage MJF again

Absolutely no reason for him to manage mjf at this point in mjfs career

27 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Absolutely no reason for him to manage mjf at this point in mjfs career

You say that but MJF posted something interesting. I'm sure he probably won't but there's a possibility 

EDIT : I'd definitely support Bivens and Jade

Edited by HD-Man
10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Vince cleaning out all of Triple H's ppl.... 

vince-mc-mahon-durag.gif

I'm not sorry, Hunter
I know this really hurts you
I don't care if this makes you cry
Cause' tonight I'm cleanin' out your roster (One more time. You sonovabitch!)
I said I'm not sorry, Hunter
I know this really hurts you
I don't care if this makes you cry
But tonight I'm cleanin' out your roster (The Game's over ha!)

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Nick Khan on that 4D chess again.  The wannabe Sabu stuff with Butch being portrayed as a mysterious psychopath is catching on.  

I'm not quite getting what's happening break it down for me. I don't see Dunne anywhere, and what's the clapping for

Just now, HD-Man said:

I get it now, the accent threw me off, I honestly hope this Butch character and chant catches on in the US. Still kind of against it, but I also want Dunne to succeed on a bigger scale cuz he's a dope wrestler

He needs another syllable to really make it sound like a champion's name, Kane and Sting being notable exceptions, but other than the name he's been catching on as a violent vagabond that Sheamus and Ridge can only barely control.  As I said, it reminds me of the early days of Sabu without all the hardcore spots.  

5 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Would anyone be surprised if Butch Dunne is included in the main roster cuts?

I will put money down that Apollo Crews will be one of them

It's possible but I think Crews and Aziz are more likely to get the boot.  

My picks are any combination of Crews, Aziz, Shelton, Cedric, T-Bar, Tamina, Tozawa, Dana Brooke and Reggie. 

Edited by Psychoblue

Word is Roddy Strong trying to get released but WWE keep denying him. They already KNOW where's he's going and what he's about to do. The moment it was said he wanted out, I knew they'd hold him even if they let all the other Triple H guys go 

10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Word is Roddy Strong trying to get released but WWE keep denying him. They already KNOW where's he's going and what he's about to do. The moment it was said he wanted out, I knew they'd hold him even if they let all the other Triple H guys go 

I mean, it makes sense. His wife doesn’t work there anymore. His closest friends don’t work there any more. Diamond Mine keeps getting chopped off at the knees. 

there’s really nothing keeping him ther

I definitely saw it coming. Anybody who actually enjoys wrestling and wants to have fun is trying to get out of WWE. If you not in that main event scene, you probably won't get much in WWE. And there's pretty much NO job security at this point since they don't honor contracts and can release you at any point