Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

The entire press release was done to get ahead of the story. Normally WWE would have kept quiet about it but seeing how they walked out when the show started it was out of their hands.

I honestly want to see talent stand up for themselves more often like this. The current system is beyond broken and Vince needs to be force to see it's cracks

Too bad Vince has made sure to surround himself with the same yes men from years past. I know people hate HHH but man him losing influence has messed a lot of things up.

5 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Toni Storm walking out might have been the catalyst some needed to feel empowered to walk out. Sasha at least has dipped her toe into acting so she has some avenues, Naomi on the other hand let’s just say if you are a fan of her some concern is warranted.

She always has dance to fall back on if she decides to call it quits on wrestling.

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I believe it... My friend used to teach her kids gymnastics and they would be there watching and driving them. Seems pretty involved on their kids lives

Jae mentioned in discord that 

A) talent and staff found out as she tweeted. There was no memo or anything 

And B, She realizes Vince ain’t giving her shit so she decided to finally go all in on being a mom. (Not saying she hasn’t but you know what I mean)

I saw the Cole statement on Naomi and Sasha.  Given that WWE has never addressed things like this in this way in the countless other times this has happened since the Montreal incident, I'm leaning towards "work" for now, or at least the walkout happened but cooler heads have prevailed and now they're trying to work it into an angle.  

10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Idk if it's a work or not (the actual walk out) but Vince essentially talked through The Rock and buried Austin in the infamous "Get the F Out" promo after they said he took his ball and went home 

Sure but those two are way higher up the card than either Sasha or Naomi.  Just seems weird to put them in that kind of "elephant in the room" situation given how little attention the tag titles got anyway unless it was intentionally trying to elevate them.

3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I saw the Cole statement on Naomi and Sasha.  Given that WWE has never addressed things like this in this way in the countless other times this has happened since the Montreal incident, I'm leaning towards "work" for now, or at least the walkout happened but cooler heads have prevailed and now they're trying to work it into an angle.  

WWE buried the hell out of Austin when he walked out in 2002. HD-Man mentioned the Rock promo. 

28 minutes ago, Jion_Wansu said:

Well yeah. Could be a work. WWE is treading water. Also, seems like AEW is treading water too. One of them have to be "realistic" to get viewers and sponsors. Also, what are they gonna do with the universal title and the world title? Are they trying to be like boxing and such where fighters hold multiple titles?

EDIT: Noticed that every time Paul Heyman says "it's not a prediction it's a spoiler" in his promos then usually what he says in the promos will come to pass. Example: USOs win!

WWEs product is garbage but they’re making money hand over fist.  It’s because their focus is on business and promotion.  That’s why they can be emboldened rather than discouraged when a mass exodus happens yet their business only gets better. 

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Sure but those two are way higher up the card than either Sasha or Naomi.  Just seems weird to put them in that kind of "elephant in the room" situation given how little attention the tag titles got anyway unless it was intentionally trying to elevate them.

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

WWE buried the hell out of Austin when he walked out in 2002. HD-Man mentioned the Rock promo. 

24 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Sasha main-evented a Wrestlemania and one of the most over women on the roster. She would be in a position where the company would be forced to acknowledge her status. 

She’s also had several vanishing acts since then.  Remember the fallout of the alleged “tag tantrum” with her and Bayley?  

29 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

She’s also had several vanishing acts since then.  Remember the fallout of the alleged “tag tantrum” with her and Bayley?  

She wasn't in same place on the card then. Sasha is in a place where she doesn't need the company to succeed. She already dipped her toe in acting with the Mandalorian. During her first vanishing act she went to Japan trained in the Sandai girls dojo. She can walk away which strengthens her position

I mean it’s quite obvious WWE is trying to send a message to the locker room. After the Jeff debacle and Tony Storm saying fuck it I’m going home, they could ill afford taking another “L”. You know it’s legit since this is the first time that I can remember that they completely removed merch from punished wrestlers.

Rampage definitely works better live, the crowds more into it cuz they haven't been sitting all day during tapings. They should find a way to do live Rampage atleast twice out the month 

And Matt Hardy move around the ring like a log, shit time to retire bud😂

Reading dirt sheets, shit probably not true so take with a grain of salt: MJF no showed a fan meet and greet, then allegedly he just booked a flight out of Vegas

Yikes, if true. AEW can not afford to lose MJF like they lost Cody. Again, nothing is confirmed but the meet & greet part (which may be a work) 

I'd hope MJF smart enough not to straight up breach his contract and be sued into oblivion. This isn't the independent contractor shit WWE pulls, he'll be held liable 

Which is why I think it's a work and he'll show up tommorow and probably take FOREVER for him to come out for his entrance and troll the crowd 

10 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I'd hope MJF smart enough not to straight up breach his contract and be sued into oblivion. This isn't the independent contractor shit WWE pulls, he'll be held liable 

Which is why I think it's a work and he'll show up tommorow and probably take FOREVER for him to come out for his entrance and troll the crowd 

is MJF on the EVP deal?  Last I heard only the EVPs signed employee type contracts so MJF would still be considered an independent contractor like Sasha and Naomi.

This is going to be an interesting gut check for TK if this isn't a work.  The thing about this is that if it's a work, it serves no purpose.  It's not as bad as when Jeff Hardy was reported unconscious in a stairwell only to reveal Edge knocked him out rather than what everyone assumed, but it's the same ballpark of "how does this work into the current angle?"  Maybe him dodging Wardlow out of fear, but it's one of those things that if it is a work, it's best to just not do it and keep things as they are because this angle is hot enough without this gumming it up.

Edited by Psychoblue

The booking on the Owen Tournament was a shit show. Dax, a devout Bret follower loses, then Adam Cole, an HBK guy wins. Then Charl....err, Brit Baker wins the women's side 

Tony Khan spreading himself thin, the cracks are starting to show in the product 😂

Edited by HD-Man
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The booking on the Owen Tournament was a shit show. Dax, a devout Bret follower loses, then Adam Cole, an HBK guy wins. Then Charl....err, Brit Baker wins the women's side 

Tony Khan spreading himself thin, the cracks are starting to show in the product 😂

Adam winning sets up more storylines. Joe didnt need the win he has the roh tv title. Adam vs dax down the line now has more parallels to hbk vs bret. Faces are more intriguing when chasing heels... The wins feel better 

Lemme add in Ruby Soho getting dicked again and for some reason Darby and Jeff having a random extreme rules match during a tournament dedicated to Owen, a technical wrestler 

I feel ya Maxx but nah, that shit was ass😂

On another note, just realized Punk seems to be growing his hair out again. I'm sure it means nothing but I wouldn't mind a run back of long haired SES Punk. That run was underrated and seeing as he was on a PG show at the time and got away with alot, I can only imagine what he'd get away with now