Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

In the span of 3 hours, Triple H has fixed Ciampa. To be fair, he was THAT bad, but yea all is well 

Now, we need H to bring back the Bruiserweight. He can still be with the Brawler faction, but make him Pete Dunne again. Hell, if Walter ain't doing shit, run it back with him at Clash

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

In the span of 3 hours, Triple H has fixed Ciampa. To be fair, he was THAT bad, but yea all is well 

Now, we need H to bring back the Bruiserweight. He can still be with the Brawler faction, but make him Pete Dunne again. Hell, if Walter ain't doing shit, run it back with him at Clash

Walter is feuding with Shinsuke.

43 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Seems like things in the HHHF are going well from what you guys are saying. I remember his version of NXT being well regarded.

Definitely is. HHH breathed new life into the women's division and made the US title feel prestigious again in the span of 3 days. 

Can't wait to see what else he does, excited for a non NXT WWE product for the first time since forever 

18 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Yep, Ciampa was doomed to his role as the underutilized jobber under Vince destined for the unemployment line, and in just a matter of 2 weeks he cuts a fire promo and is now #1 contender for the US title. Still not feeling his pairing with the Miz but hey whatever puts him back into the spotlight.

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

Yep, Ciampa was doomed to his role as the underutilized jobber under Vince destined for the unemployment line, and in just a matter of 2 weeks he cuts a fire promo and is now #1 contender for the US title. Still not feeling his pairing with the Miz but hey whatever puts him back into the spotlight.

I got a feeling the Miz pairing won't last much longer or is going to see a complete reversal where Miz is the flunky instead 

If I had to bet tho, Miz gonna get jealous and cost Ciampa the title match against Bobby

8 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I got a feeling the Miz pairing won't last much longer or is going to see a complete reversal where Miz is the flunky instead 

If I had to bet tho, Miz gonna get jealous and cost Ciampa the title match against Bobby

Miz has more reason to help Ciampa beat Lashley than screw him. The Miz was the guy Lashley beat to win the WWE title. The company should make use of that continuity to make Ciampa champ.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Miz has more reason to help Ciampa beat Lashley than screw him. The Miz was the guy Lashley beat to win the WWE title. The company should make use of that continuity to make Ciampa champ.

I wouldn't mind. Kinda torn between wanting Lashley to have a decent reign and having Ciampa get his shine. I'm sure I'll be cool with whatever result

As for the IC Title, just let Walter keep it for awhile and having banger matches with everyone. Let him go on a long reign like he did as UK NXT Champ. I'd love to see him face Drew and Sheamus in particular 

12 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

As for the IC Title, just let Walter keep it for awhile and having banger matches with everyone. Let him go on a long reign like he did as UK NXT Champ. I'd love to see him face Drew and Sheamus in particular

When it comes to Walter I want to see imperium reformed. Marcel is a job guy as a single. Fabian needs to be added back to fold as they have a better chance for success together than individually.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

AEW could be in trouble. Discovery is killing shows and movies left and right it will be harder for Tony to negotiate a better deal

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2022/8/4/23291838/warner-bros-discovery-budget-cuts-aew-tv-rights-money-contract-negotation-tbs-tnt-tony-khan-hbo-max

SHOW THEM THE TOP 5 ON CABLE FOR WEEKS RUNNING, THEY'D HAVE TO BE STUPID

Also I had my first interaction with a ragey wrestling fan on Facebook. I wasn't even trolling and this dude was full on offense.

He eventually blocked me. 🥲

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

AEW could be in trouble. Discovery is killing shows and movies left and right it will be harder for Tony to negotiate a better deal

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2022/8/4/23291838/warner-bros-discovery-budget-cuts-aew-tv-rights-money-contract-negotation-tbs-tnt-tony-khan-hbo-max

If AEW does well then they should be fine. The new head, Zaslav, seems to be a bottom line kind of guy. If AEW makes him money, they'll be okay. if they don't then he has no problem giving them the axe. See Batgirl....or rather, you won't see Batgirl because it. 

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Vince getting unceremoniously drummed out and all his cronies haven’t been excluded and will continue be ousted from the company might make me give a shit about wrestling again. 

maybe. Dream big. 

Not all his cronies will leave. Bruce Prichard has taken over Vince's TV duties. What exactly that entails I don't know. Seeing how commentary has dramatic improved he's probably not yelling in anyone's ear.

The thing about AEW is that they get away with a lot and that might curve their demo bottom line downward.  A lot of the hardcore stuff and the profanity could be made into TV-MA stuff and depending how Discovery views that it could be a big problem.

Brother Love no longer has Vince to suck off of but I've also heard he came off sideways at people when he worked at TNA and MLW so who knows what kind of positive impact he has left.  Could also be that it was more him getting on people's cases for how to conduct themselves for national audiences and the guys wanted to do whatever.

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, scorp said:

I hope not! It's the closest I'll get to an Attitude Era company in 2022!

It's a situation where they'll have to tone it down without making it going away entirely.  For WWE they saved the blade jobs usually for PPVs and, on TV like once a month or twice tops to build a main event/upper midcard angle.  Most of the TV-14 stuff on TV was the extramartial subterfuge.

In AEW's case they bleed every week, usually with Moxley, and curse more than usual.  If you can tell guys to save the juice for PPVs and stay within the "seven bad word" limit it shouldn't be too big of a change, but it's also a fanbase that flipped their shit the one time a DQ finish was called a few months back.  

Just now, Psychoblue said:

In AEW's case they bleed every week, usually with Moxley, and curse more than usual.  If you can tell guys to save the juice for PPVs and stay within the "seven bad word" limit it shouldn't be too big of a change, but it's also a fanbase that flipped their shit the one time a DQ finish was called a few months back.  

haha I definitely believe they should dial back the blood. It got more bloody than ECW.

And I didn't mind the DQ finish, its good writing to show the wrestlers are equals. But you can't please everyone!

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Not all his cronies will leave. Bruce Prichard has taken over Vince's TV duties. What exactly that entails I don't know. Seeing how commentary has dramatic improved he's probably not yelling in anyone's ear.

I feel like Prichard was very much a yes man but only to Vince. With a lot of other people he was very cooperative and creative. He’s really one to get into the trenches if a wrestler or whoever believes in their idea.

for instance, He, Cena and Bray Wyatt produced that entire wrestlemania match by themselves with no input from anyone else. 

He is very much a really strong creative but Vince is just Vince. Can’t do much about that. 

Edited by iStu X

Hope Kross been working on his promos while he was away, cuz Drew and Roman gonna cook his ass in this unscripted promo era unless he's prepared. We ain't forgot what Cole said about him, which ironically ended up happening 

I like Kross and want him to do well, despite my criticisms. He definitely looked legit last night atleast 

Edited by HD-Man
11 hours ago, scorp said:

So all those cuts clearly weren’t a money issue because HHH is allowed to hire most of them back it seems. 

So why did Vince get rid of so many? Was the dude that senile?

I suspect it’s because Ace wanted to make that salty runback extra salty so he fired all the guys that fit into Nicks criteria of being on the wrong side of 30

5 hours ago, Jurassic said:

I assumed it was because WWE was conforming to a new budget, but now it seems cuts were being done just on Vince's whims.

I think its because vince was working to sell thr company. But with step and nick in charge maybe they dont feel they need to sell or at least delay it for a few years to see if they can change it up