Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

I saw people complain about HHH moving all his guys in like Hogan did when he took over TNA, but apart from the obvious like HHH's guys not being over the hill or overexposed, with so many stars hurt right now WWE needs instant credibility boosters across the card before the guys they have left get hurt, too.  WWE is in a good position to do it because the veterans who are left in the upper midcard sound eager to give back and help the newcomers get shine.  Miz of course is the shining example with a history of going out of his way to do that from Riley to Sandow to Logan and Ciampa.  

8 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I saw people complain about HHH moving all his guys in like Hogan did when he took over TNA, but apart from the obvious like HHH's guys not being over the hill or overexposed, with so many stars hurt right now WWE needs instant credibility boosters across the card before the guys they have left get hurt, too.  WWE is in a good position to do it because the veterans who are left in the upper midcard sound eager to give back and help the newcomers get shine.  Miz of course is the shining example with a history of going out of his way to do that from Riley to Sandow to Logan and Ciampa.  

Miz is low key the best worker over the last 12-15 years or so. I’m not even talking about in WWE. Just wrestling as a whole. He’s one of those guys that can immediately see someone and know how to pull the best out of them. Very Bret Hart/Flair but obviously not their level. 

33 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Miz is low key the best worker over the last 12-15 years or so. I’m not even talking about in WWE. Just wrestling as a whole. He’s one of those guys that can immediately see someone and know how to pull the best out of them. Very Bret Hart/Flair but obviously not their level. 

They called us madmen on SRK;

I turned on AEW and it is really starting to remind me of Monday Night War TNA

1) Blood within the first couple of minutes between two midcarders with another match scheduled later in the night that you know would have blood

2) General lack of energy from Sting when he climbed out of the coffin.  Buddy not looking the least bit shocked or threatened had me dying LOL

3) Overall rapid plot progression for the current storylines.  I know endless rematches isn't good either but there needs to be an in-between.

Punk being back should help but I don't think Punk is going to offer anything different in a match than what we've already seen.  Hopefully the promos are good though.

Edited by Psychoblue
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Bayley, Kevin Owens and even Michael Cole has taken direct shots at Vince. Everyone in the company has become motivated since his departure

Michael Cole is low key the best announcer in wrestling and has been for a while. Watch the UK Tournament again. It was one of the best wrestling broadcasts in recent memory. Cole was at the top of his game and had amazing chemistry with Nigel. 

Hell, Mic Foley even said being a commentator was was one of his favorite things he ever did in wrestling until Vince starting screaming shit in his ear constantly. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, Lantis said:

Soooo it seems like CM Punk was shooting on Hangman Page last night and might have did some "politicking" as to not lose to him in DON and was even close to no showing yesterday?

The dig on Page did kinda seem out of place since he wasn't feuding with him anymore?

Punk is mad at hangman for bringing up the colt cabana shit. Apparently punk is still beefin with colt and legit pissed he got resigned for roh

25 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Punk is mad at hangman for bringing up the colt cabana shit. Apparently punk is still beefin with colt and legit pissed he got resigned for roh

Punk needs to stop being such a bitch. He can shoot on people but people can’t shoot on him? Get fucked. 

You wonder why Punk has no more friends in the business? It’s cause of Punk. He thinks he’s gods gift to wrestling and he’s owed everything. He thinks every fan should worship the ground he walks on. 

fuck punk. 

Edited by iStu X

I don't know who to go with on Punk vs Page. Punk definitely will shoot on a mfer, but at the same time, seems like Bucks, Page and their gang are kinda insecure and jealous when guys get more shine, especially ex WWE guys

I will say, Punk is dead wrong if he mad about guys going off script tho, cuz he does that habitually 

15 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I don't know who to go with on Punk vs Page. Punk definitely will shoot on a mfer, but at the same time, seems like Bucks, Page and their gang are kinda insecure and jealous when guys get more shine, especially ex WWE guys

I will say, Punk is dead wrong if he mad about guys going off script tho, cuz he does that habitually 

I actually think kenny is the least insecure. You dont hear shit from him unless attacked. 

Page seems fine in general but in a fued he looks carried by alot of people

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

I actually think kenny is the least insecure. You dont hear shit from him unless attacked. 

Page seems fine in general but in a fued he looks carried by alot of people

Word is, don't quote me, but Page feels like Punk is taking everybody's shine. Thing is, Eddie and MJF were thriving with Punk so that's more of a personal issue.

But Punk is a dick, so it's just as possible Page has a legit reason to dislike him. So idk 

And Page's run was so-so, decent matches but no great promos or character you could sink your teeth into. He was only interesting against Punk. Dude definitely needs to develop charisma and better promo ability or his ceiling is low 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Word is, don't quote me, but Page feels like Punk is taking everybody's shine. Thing is, Eddie and MJF were thriving with Punk so that's more of a personal issue.

But Punk is a dick, so it's just as possible Page has a legit reason to dislike him. So idk 

And Page's run was so-so, decent matches but no great promos or character you could sink your teeth into. He was only interesting against Punk. Dude definitely needs to develop charisma and better promo ability or his ceiling is low 

If anyones taking people's shine.. Its jericho. Dudes like 102-2 in fueds. 

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

If anyones taking people's shine.. Its jericho. Dudes like 102-2 in fueds. 

I despise Jericho's run mostly in AEW. He should NOT have beaten Eddie, that's a recent thing I had an issue with cuz it would've elevated Eddie alot, he needs that big one over a major talent. It's kind of a recurring problem tbh 

As for the other stuff, part of me thinks Punk may be working ppl tho, cuz Page honestly seems to not really bother anyone and seems well liked by most. It's definitely weird they're at odds with each other over something that petty but you never know 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

As for the other stuff, part of me thinks Punk may be working ppl tho, cuz Page honestly seems to not really bother anyone and seems well liked by most. It's definitely weird they're at odds with each other over something that petty but you never know 

But working who exactly? It's not like there were any rumors regarding any sort of heat between Punk and Page until Punk decided to vent out all the dirty laundry on Dynamite for no other reason than just to "get back" at Page and mend his bruised ego. And considering everything that happened after Page's promo the timing was very off and just made Punk look like a whiny bitch

Working everybody. AEW, while decent, has been spinning its wheels since HHH took over. This kind of controversy actually has ppl talking. Punk is a dick, which he has already admitted, but he also knows how to engage ppl, and this is typically what he does.

Possible his ego is bruised but he's using it to generate interest as well, both things could be true. I could be wrong tho, just trying to think of things objectively 🤷🏾‍♂️

11 hours ago, HD-Man said:

f855685b515670ffac6bef6fee718de8.gif