Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Drew/Roman could have won match of the night but I really think they fucked up with not putting Drew over.
They built Drew so well. All those goodĀ  segments, that promo with KO, and making that kick ass vignette with Broken Dreams playing, they got everyone (including me who was never that much of a big fan of his) behind him only to just let him loose and have people leave disappointed for the night. That was such a dick move to do.

I'm reading people trying to make sense of it that the plan is to lead into Cody (or Rock) vs Roman at WM but if that was the case, why not just have Drew drop the belt back to Roman at the next PPV?Ā Anyway whatever, let's see how they are going to take this if it is going to be rewarding down the line.Ā 

Dom going heel was awesome. I think many felt this was coming nevertheless it makes things interesting. I wonder why he took his shoes off after kicking Edge in the nuts.Ā Ā 

I wish Iyo Sky can show off how good she is, she is still one of the best wrestlers in the world IMO and it is ridiculous how so many in the WWE do not know shit about her regardless of her being in NXT. It seems she has been toned down a lot, and I hoping they are telling her to save her best stuff because they are trying to build a good feud with her and Asuka and not because her recent ankle injury made her change her style a bit. That 6 women's tag match was my least favorite of the event.Ā 

Forgot to say. I too have become a huge Gunther fan. I refused to call him anything but Walter but as time grew i'm perfectly ok with his new name and his theme. While I still favored his old theme more, this new one is growing on me. It's nice to see theĀ Imperium trio back too.

Edited by zatalcon3

I need to post this because it is one of the best entrance intros I've seen in a while

I can't vent enough how much I think it was a dick move on WWE's part to just make him lose. I don't care what story they have in mind because him winning would have been an epic celebration in that arena, making that entire journey we all went through with the build up completely worth it. This is a big L of this HHH era.Ā 

On 8/25/2022 at 7:08 PM, Lantis said:

I just hope this isn't 50/50 booking by TK where Mox wins in Cleveland and Punk wins in Chicago.

Gonna quote myself because of course TK was gonna pull that crap.

Ā 

And WTF was going on in that Jungle Boy/Christian feud? Luchasaurus pulling off the Big Show heel/face turns now? If there is any truth to AEW stars feeling displaced by former WWE talent, this match would probably add some truth to it.

I watched a bit of Punk's post match media comments.Ā 

What an arrogant prick that piece of shit is. I wonder how anybody can just ignore and forget how much he exposed himself to be a complete bitch who believed too much about himself?Ā 

I'm sick of this guy. He is a complete joke and it is completely disgusting to me how he portrays himself as a no nonsense guy when he fucking got tickled by a low tier MMA fighter. Fuck TK for making his bum as relevant.Ā 

Punk showed how clear it is that there are people in the locker room that don't like him and it's understandable why.Ā The reports about morale in the AEW locker room being shit is apparently true and we can see how it is a no brainer. I knew this was coming becauseĀ  Punk is an arrogant prick who causes heat behind the scenes because he thinks he is so damn tough. Someone has to bring up that Punk needs to remember that he isn't tough, he can't fight and him getting his big head popped in the UFC should never go unremembered because it's an example of how full of himself he can get. I seriously hate his ass.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by zatalcon3
9 hours ago, Lantis said:

Gonna quote myself because of course TK was gonna pull that crap.

Ā 

And WTF was going on in that Jungle Boy/Christian feud? Luchasaurus pulling off the Big Show heel/face turns now? If there is any truth to AEW stars feeling displaced by former WWE talent, this match would probably add some truth to it.

Itā€™s the same issue TNA had once they got their cable deal with Spike up until their cancellation on Spike and rebranding elsewhere. All the establish talent got their credibility thrown in the dumper once the wwe cast offs started showing up in droves.Ā 
Ā 

from guys like AJ being their corner stone to being in squash matches against people in their 50ā€™s. Disgusting.Ā 
Ā 

itā€™s sad that so many AEW fans are fine with letting it happen when itā€™s literally the same shit they use to bitch about when it came to legends coming back to the E and make fun of TNA for doing.Ā 

Edited by iStu X
35 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Apparently Christian had a serious injury which is why the match with Jungle Boy went the way it did

That makes even less sense to put Christian over if he was gonna miss a considerable period of time anyway. Just have JB beat him and then go into whatever feud he'll have with Luchasaurus after.

Ā 

And I'm kinda getting tired of Punk's shoots. They don't really lead to anything so it's most likely Punk just bitching about random stuff and I doubt AEW wants him to be the heel going into a program with MJF of all people

Edited by Lantis
7 minutes ago, Lantis said:

And I'm kinda getting tired of Punk's shoots. They don't really lead to anything so it's most likely Punk just bitching about random stuff

This is always what it is with him always playing the victim and/or the martyr. Itā€™s fucking tiresome. Itā€™s not just a gimmick like maxx constantly defends it as. Heā€™s just a genuine piece of shit that isnā€™t happy unless heā€™s complaining or making himself to look like the heroĀ 

Edited by iStu X
7 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm disappointed that AEW had a PPV that requires an entire work day to watch and the biggest take away is Punk going off in a post show press conference. Not even MJF returning made it a show worth remembering.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It's really weird since you had all these great matches on paper which were ruined with weird booking decisions

Punk admits he's a dick tho, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's wrong about these recent happenings tho....he could just be sour tooĀ 

Ā 

But objectively speaking, the Elite been on some shady shit too, not gonna act like they're bastions of goodness. By most accounts Page seems like a stand up guy, but we don't know what's going on when the cameras are off

33 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

According to Punk the Elite are the ones behind all the rumors regarding him and Cabana. The bucks do strike me as guys who like to stir the pot.

I think its more interesting the whole punk didnt pay for colts lawyer fees was apparently untrue from the beginning. He was paying a bunch of colts fees and he has the emails still to prove his side. Also denied trying to keep colt from roh or having a job.Ā 

Ā 

I can totally get people not liking punk for going after hangman but thats it. You really cant say shit about the evp stuff or colt stuff especially if he has recieptsĀ 

Edited by Maxx

So apparently it didn't take long for the Bucks to take action and were involved in a backstage altercation with Punk immediately after he finished the press conference and that Punk now has "nuclear heat" backstage.

Ā 

How's that non-toxic working environment working for ya Punk? šŸ˜‚

one of the funniest things punk said in that conference is that there are two people who made money off him, Vince and Colt.Ā 

LMAO at how deluded that moron is. With out Vince, Punk would not be famous at all. Vince made Punk rich. I hope and pray that Punk ends up pissing off someone who is the most out of shape employee in AEW, like a janitor or just some low card jobber, and gets his ass whooped back stage and it's all uploaded and worldstar'd.
Ā 

21 minutes ago, zatalcon3 said:

one of the funniest things punk said in that conference is that there are two people who made money off him, Vince and Colt.Ā 

LMAO at how deluded that moron is. With out Vince, Punk would not be famous at all. Vince made Punk rich. I hope and pray that Punk ends up pissing off someone who is the most out of shape employee in AEW, like a janitor or just some low card jobber, and gets his ass whooped back stage and it's all uploaded and worldstar'd.
Ā 

punk got rich but vince will always make more money off of him. nothing he said is wrong

1) Punk shooting or Punk "shooting" is the best shit on AEW. Because there's an actual reason for peopel to want to have a match. If they're profesisonals they'll talk this shit out and get an easy year's worth of booking out of it.

Ā 

2) Nothing Punk has said is new.Ā  Jim Ross talked about how a lot of the young AEW talent didn't want to hear it, and IIRC so have a few others. A lot of the AEW wrestlers thought they were hot shit and called it a day at that.

Ā 

3) If Punk has receipts on the Colt Cabana situation and paid everything, then that's a different bag of bricks. Who knows why Colt had his bank account joined with his mother. For all we know he did that to make it easier for him to give her money.Ā  But if he did right by Colt by paying for all the lawyer stuff then that's the end of that.

Ā 

4) Hangman sucked ass as champ. If it was because of his own fault for not wanting to listen to a host of awesome veterans that are there or not is up in the air. What isn't up for debate is that like a lot of other shit Tony Khan let it rock.Ā  All the bad booking is ultimately TK's fault.

Ā 

which brings us to the most important point:

Ā 

Tony Khan is a bad booker.

Ā 

Ā 

Where is Punk being a hypocrite there? He wasn't crossing the line with people; Hangman, Bucks et al. did.Ā 

Ā 

The drama with colt is high level corny nonsense. Colt was in the company before Punk. He was doing the same shit then that he did after Punk was hired: fuck all in the bottom feeder faction.

Ā 

This whole thing is goofy. I get Punk is a high in the unlikeability rating, but issues with the Elite were there before he got there. Omega booked the women like ass; bucks booked the tag team division like shit.Ā  Jim Ross had heat with people because he tried to reach them shit; hell Darby went public to defend JR.

Ā 

You got a company that names itself after three cornballs. Your top tag team got its name because two of your EVPs turned hating them into a hash tag. Things have been wobbly longer than they'd been steady.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Where is Punk being a hypocrite there? He wasn't crossing the line with people; Hangman, Bucks et al. did.Ā 

Ā 

The drama with colt is high level corny nonsense. Colt was in the company before Punk. He was doing the same shit then that he did after Punk was hired: fuck all in the bottom feeder faction.

Ā 

This whole thing is goofy. I get Punk is a high in the unlikeability rating, but issues with the Elite were there before he got there. Omega booked the women like ass; bucks booked the tag team division like shit.Ā  Jim Ross had heat with people because he tried to reach them shit; hell Darby went public to defend JR.

Ā 

You got a company that names itself after three cornballs. Your top tag team got its name because two of your EVPs turned hating them into a hash tag. Things have been wobbly longer than they'd been steady.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I see it as a fight with no heroes.Ā  On one hand the Bucks camp were way out of pocket, and on the other hand this is what Punk has done to people in his Pipe Bombs.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Case in point:

Miz was childish here but he probably knew he couldn't go off script too much since at the time Miz was back in the midcard and his position wasn't as secure as it is now.Ā  Punk on the other hand will fire off about anything at anyone but the moment someone pushes back he takes it personally.Ā  He's a social glass cannon.Ā  It's just that now his beef is with other social glass cannons.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Psychoblue

This isn't even a pipe bomb anymore. It's outright airing out grievances.Ā 

Ā 

You can't gave Punk doing this shit anymore than you can wrestlers talking to dirt sheet writers over dumb shit. But this is basically AEW hiring somebody that wasn't going to put up with shit. Then dudes forced the issue.

Ā 

Ā 

Would make a great angle for TV if they all stop being bitches and realize whatine of work their in.

Ā 

šŸ§šŸ¤šŸæ

19 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Would make a great angle for TV if they all stop being bitches and realize whatine of work their in.

Ā 

šŸ§šŸ¤šŸæ

It's like what I told you about Poverty FGC vs Legacy FGC.Ā  One side (AEW) is in it because they want to all be a clique together and make memes, the other side (WWE) wants to make money and know that you can still respect someone and work with them and not be their buddy.Ā Ā 

Ā 

EDIT: @SoneroIt looks like they rememberedĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Psychoblue
11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I like how in the midst of burying the Elite, Punk still made a note to stop just for a sec to speak highly on Cole and MJF.Ā 

Ā 

And Danhousens' boots.

Ā 

Honestly the biggest problem with the media scrums is that they break kayfabe. Those things should've been in kayfabe all the time. Instead they're there blowing talent over "what a great match" or Tony rambles about how smart he is with his wack ass booking.

Ā 

You give wrestlers a space to speak honestly about stuff then well you can't be surprised that this would eventually happen.

Ā 

Also Tony is dumb for not having squashed this hard enough for this pop off to happen.

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Ā 

And Danhousens' boots.

Ā 

Honestly the biggest problem with the media scrums is that they break kayfabe. Those things should've been in kayfabe all the time. Instead they're there blowing talent over "what a great match" or Tony rambles about how smart he is with his wack ass booking.

Ā 

You give wrestlers a space to speak honestly about stuff then well you can't be surprised that this would eventually happen.

Ā 

Also Tony is dumb for not having squashed this hard enough for this pop off to happen.

Its the sports aspect that tony keeps pushing. He wants to treat it like everyones in on the jome and is a dirtsheet insider. Where triple h def blurs the lines, he gets insidery but not as much.Ā