Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

4 minutes ago, scorp said:

@iStu Xdo you like Giulia from Stardom?

If I knew who that was, probably. I have a hard time following Joshi from a match type perspective. 

Knowing how the graduation system works in Joshi and seeing how much those girls murder eachother for minimal return is just super hard to watch for me. 

ill watch a match now and again but nothing consistent. 

edit: I just looked her up. She looks like a bad ass. 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, iStu X said:

If I knew who that was, probably. I have a hard time following Joshi from a match type perspective. 

Knowing how the graduation system works in Joshi and seeing how much those girls murder eachother for minimal return is just super hard to watch for me. 

She's their next superstar champ I think.

Half italian, half japanese. I think she's got IT.

X7x1agN.jpg

z45uilmqjuv51.jpg?width=614&auto=webp&s=

giuliagloriousdriver.gif?ssl=1

tenor.gif?itemid=17866071

One of the last people to face our girl Hana =(

4739bb17b2b45fce747ad0c8997c2b5db1f5e917

33 minutes ago, scorp said:
40 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I just watched a match with her vs. Hana from Xmas Eve last year. It was hella good. It ended in a draw which was dumb (of course I don’t know the context of why it ended in a draw so bare with me) but it gave me a really good idea of who she is. 

I really liked her tilt-a-whirl into body trapped rings of Saturn. A lot of her power moves needing a hammerlock set up was confusing though. 

Edited by iStu X

Damn @iStu X, go console this woman. ☹️

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...ens-up-about-being-a-victim-of-sexual-677307/

Shotzi Blackheart Opens Up About Being A Victim Of Sexual Abuse, How She Hopes To Help Others

"I had a pretty rough childhood, to be honest," Blackheart said with hesitation. "I bounced around from like, my mom's to my dad's and to my friend's house at a real young age. I dealt with a lot of sexual abuse for like, years. When I finally came out about it - I came out to my middle school counselor - [my uncle] went to jail. He's still in jail now. But when I came out about it, some of my family didn't believe me. But my dad really helped me through it, and so did musical theater. That's why I liked performing so much - it was a big outlet for me. That was my therapy."

"I had fun in school, except for high school. High school was the worst. I was raped in high school during my freshman year," she revealed. "I told my best friend and she got me to come out about it, and everyone at school did not believe me. They just labeled me as a slut. They'd say, 'She's lying, she's a skank.'

"I'd come to school, and after one period, I would get bullied so much that I would just run back home. So like, I had to change high schools halfway through my freshman year. I told myself that I didn't want friends, I just wanted musical theater."

2 hours ago, scorp said:

X7x1agN.jpg

z45uilmqjuv51.jpg?width=614&auto=webp&s=

giuliagloriousdriver.gif?ssl=1

tenor.gif?itemid=17866071

One of the last people to face our girl Hana =(

4739bb17b2b45fce747ad0c8997c2b5db1f5e917

I love me some Guilia. She was one pf the first bushi road poachings. I honestly expect more tjpw and ice ribbon girls to come aboard.

Guilia is already on the road to being Joshi Okada

SEXUAL abuse and wrestling go hand in hand 

I know bob ryder died. But the reason amw got pushed hard in tna was because of chris harris whacking it in front of bob. Not to mention the weird rumors of bob and spud

The ven diagram of sexual abuse and entertainment careers must be fucking sad

My daughter going to be doing bjj, knife fighting, and muay thai growing up because i need to know she can handle herself around fucking weirdos who look like aew fans

Edited by DrLariat
11 hours ago, iStu X said:

why are they having Finn make so many cat puns? 
is this his new gimmick? 
if so it’s kinda purrfect. 

Teddy Hart gimmick. Give me sparkle pants balor

Tyson Kidd was doing the gimmick. I been rewatching 2014 takeovers. Tyson kidd was so fucking good.

I mean balor wears sparkly speedos. He should wear knee pads on his shins because you never know when you are going to shoot a double

Look at how crazy harry dresses nowadays hart brains are just eccentric 

Edited by DrLariat
On 11/28/2020 at 3:01 AM, DrLariat said:

Teddy Hart gimmick. Give me sparkle pants balor

Tyson Kidd was doing the gimmick. I been rewatching 2014 takeovers. Tyson kidd was so fucking good.

I mean balor wears sparkly speedos. He should wear knee pads on his shins because you never know when you are going to shoot a double

Look at how crazy harry dresses nowadays hart brains are just eccentric 

Canadians in general are weird as fuck. They have the best marketing for a country I have ever seen. Having known some and been there a few times they are Def weird. And the fact they convinced Americans they don't have red necks or racists is about the most spectacular marketing campaign in the universe lmfao. 

The police over three may not have decades of beating on black people but that's because they chose Asians instead. They are just very low key about it. 

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

And the fact they convinced Americans they don't have red necks or racists is about the most spectacular marketing campaign in the universe lmfao. 

Just go to Quebec. They hella racist but they aren’t red necks. They’re just French ass holes lol. 

I miss Guru and Valaris constantly bitching about how much they hate Canada and their respective provinces they lived in 

Edited by iStu X

Now that cultaholic isn’t just copy pasting everything meltzer says they’re actually an amazing channel. I like all their docu-mini’s they’ve been making about key events and urban legends in the world of wrestling. 

Dave Knows Wrestling is another great channel. I love the history and lore of wrestling. So his channel is like heroin to me. 

52 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Just like here in the us. Natives also are held in prisons by large margins.

Canada does have fucking rednecks. It is what letterkenny, corner gas, kids in the hall, and trailer park boys showed

I think most people would be surprised that Canada and the US are interchangeable aside from healthcare and guns.
Literally our only differences lol

47 minutes ago, scorp said:

I think most people would be surprised that Canada and the US are interchangeable aside from healthcare and guns.
Literally our only differences lol

They most Def would. Like I said Canada's marketing is top fucking tier. In in jiu jitsu forums reading the but jobs who cry about left wing govt.. It legit looks no diff than American politics 

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

In in jiu jitsu forums reading the but jobs who cry about left wing govt.. It legit looks no diff than American politics 

Well, it's a tad different.

Our right wing is like your center.

We don't really have any Trump like righties... Except for the cocksucker running my province.

3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Low expectations but great health care would be a great motto for Canada 

haha It ain't that bad.

Canada has a pretty strong dollar.

Only beaten by US, France, UK, Euro and a few oil Arab countries.

I can't complain about my life lol

Pat Patterson died this morning.  Let's see if that rape story bubbles back up in light of his passing as WWE will likely celebrate his life and long tenure.

I was part of the WWE Virtual Crowd last Monday and here are my thoughts.

1)  The showrunner would tell me when to cheer and boo, either during entrances, big spots, or finishes.  When the show started he said the more animated I was, the more likely I'd be on camera.  It was absolutely infuriating that every time I was starting to get lost in the show, he'd chime in and completely yank me out of whatever zone I was getting in to focus on what was happening.  Even the most casual of casuals  I've spoken to about this, whose only point of reference to wrestling is channel flipping to RAW or Smackdown or NXT randomly, were appalled that they'd tell me who to cheer or boo.  

2)  The Thunderdome stream quality is embarrassing.  I was having flashbacks of pirating PPVs on Desirulez and Firstrow back in college.

3)  I actually enjoyed RAW strangely enough.  I hadn't watched a full ep in years but that's another reason why the extremely intrusive showrunner is getting a garbage review when I do my next Network survey.  If not for him, or if he just told me when commercial breaks were ending and no further interruptions in an already spotty stream, I would have considered trying again next week.  2010 me would have been mad hype for Miz/Morrison v Sheamus/Drew lol.

4)  I noticed that Lana and Asuka take the barricade swing spot completely different ways and both of them make total sense on how to take it.  I know it'd be easy to assume Asuka's is the right way but given that Lana's sole purpose now is to be a crash dummy for Nia I'm more inclined to side with her.

Edited by Psychoblue
41 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Pat Patterson died this morning.  Let's see if that rape story bubbles back up in light of his passing as WWE will likely celebrate his life and long tenure.

Zoomers completely trashed Sean Connery when died bringing up the Barbara Walters interview.  It will be far worse for Pat

Edited by Hawkingbird