Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

48 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I'm not super in depth on CM Punk but is there any where this dude goes that doesn't have a ton of drama? Dude has more heat than Death Valley on a clear day at high noon in the middle of July.

Nuclear heat memes surrounded this dude long before the pipe bomb.  Finlay said that he and others thought he was arrogant and acted like he was owed things he hadn't earned yet, but by the time the Pipe Bomb came around he felt like he had "carved out a nice spot for himself."  But as typical of Punk, that's never enough.  He showed it with Miz and it showed it with Cena and Rock: he has to be a hater and go out of pocket to dress the people above down rather than keep climbing.  

I think it was Ziggler who alluded to Punk being like what we're seeing now: even if he had climbed to the top, he wouldn't have been able to leave things well enough alone and be "the guy" because he's too much of a hater.  Punk turned heel during his world title reign because it was obvious that it was going to be overshadowed by Cena/Rock, and it was, so they tried to placate him by making him the #1 heel just so they could say he's the #1 at something.  

Side note, too bad Nash was a generic angry heel when he showed up to mess with Punk.  TNA snark Nash vs Pipe Bomb Punk would have been amusing on the mic even if the matches would've been lackluster.  

Edited by Psychoblue

I bet that IF Punk never comes back to AEW and becomes blacklisted from every wrestling promotion in the world, he will end up becoming a born again christian or something in a couple of years and then we will see various socialmedia gospel shit from punk. 

These pricks always end up becoming christian preachers because no one likes them anymore and no one cares to give them any attention.

9 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

I'm plotting to make a twitter account in order to forward Chris Brown all of Punk's threats in hopes he can respond to Punk's threats, regardless if it was several years ago. Maybe Brown can hire some real rappers to make a diss track or confront Punk in person about it. 

AEW guys have a tendency to succumb to twitter fingers regardless of how many followers the antagonizing party may have.  Your quest may be easier than expected.  

19 hours ago, Maxx said:

I need someone black to laugh with me at the fact stokleys faction is called the firm

Based on that group with AZ and Nas? It's been A while Lol

And lmao at ol dude on NXT using the Bussy Bomb as a finisher. WWE can't know what that word Bussy means to allow it. My God, when they find out tho 😂😂

11 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Based on that group with AZ and Nas? It's been A while Lol

And lmao at ol dude on NXT using the Bussy Bomb as a finisher. WWE can't know what that word Bussy means to allow it. My God, when they find out tho 😂😂

Its stockley.. Has to be a reference to the rap group. He quoted 2pac in his promo lol

I'm not liking the whole Logan Paul/Roman shit. That is a fuckin unnecessary publicity stunt. 
Sami is by far the most entertaining person in the WWE. I'm this close considering him the best wrestler with in the last 5 or so years.
He is great in the ring and he is able to make any role, even the roles that look like shit on paper, to be entertaining.

Shotzi going back to face is a great move, she was just great back in NXT. I hope she gets her tank and her "black heart" name back. 

Didn't Xia Li have a gimmick change in NXT? I recall her and her brother where kidnapped by some dark shang tsung like character or something. What the hell happened to that? 

This is the one, they should try doing this again, she has no gimmick again.

Edited by zatalcon3
6 hours ago, Maxx said:

Logan coming into wwe wanted to be a face. He doesn't understand how people who arent his fanbase view him. 

It's not even worth crying about him doing the saudi show... They are contracted for like 10 years there. No matter what we doing this

I disagree there. He was perfect as a heel alongside Miz and then they reshuffled him as a face and it still looked good. Helped that he balled out hard both times. I think there are a lot of people who hate him but I don't think it's universal hate like it once was. Feels more like he's the actual controversial star that they pretended Roman was when he was booed out of the building for a solid 3 years except this time it's on purpose.

As for the Saudi show, I don't want to see anyone mad about it rocking SNK avatars or talking about how hype they are for Garou 2 Mark of the Syrian Refugees! 

On 9/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, zatalcon3 said:

I'm not liking the whole Logan Paul/Roman shit. That is a fuckin unnecessary publicity stunt. 
Sami is by far the most entertaining person in the WWE. I'm this close considering him the best wrestler with in the last 5 or so years.
He is great in the ring and he is able to make any role, even the roles that look like shit on paper, to be entertaining.

Shotzi going back to face is a great move, she was just great back in NXT. I hope she gets her tank and her "black heart" name back. 

Didn't Xia Li have a gimmick change in NXT? I recall her and her brother where kidnapped by some dark shang tsung like character or something. What the hell happened to that? 

This is the one, they should try doing this again, she has no gimmick again.

Here's the dark Shang Tsung character now!

Yeah, I've liked what Pete has done with Butch. At the beginning, I fucking hated that character and saw it as another NXT assassination by vince but Pete managed to get that over thanks to this HHH era. I love the gimmick and how it is has been merged with dunne. You can even see it that he completely accepted his new persona positively.

I'm really happy about this new era of wrestling, both in terms of WWE and AEW. It's almost bringing back the same feeling I had during the Monday Night wars era. The only big L I see from HHH so far is everything that deals with Roman. I still think Drew should have gone over at Castle or at least win one of the belts and let Roman keep the other.
I hate that Logan Paul has been picked to face him at Crown Jewel. It's lame and it reminds me of when WCW used David arquette.  I don't mind Logan Paul wrestling again, just not against Roman. 

Edited by zatalcon3

Was there a storyline as to why she became this character or was this just randomly made? I just got back in NXT when the HHH era started and I have not seen her at all. 

The only thing close to a story is that the "brother" you mentioned Boa inherited the Tian Sha spirit from her, and when it fully left her body she re-emerged like this.

Keep in mind they didn't state this until Boa began cutting promos after she had already re-emerged as a narcoleptic child in a onesie. 

Edited by Psychoblue
11 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I swear, Pete Dunne has the most unique wrestling style I've ever seen and I'll never get tired of it. And he seems to have successfully merged Butch with Dunne, ultra aggressive, rabid gimmick which compliments his torturous wrestling holds 

Turning Butch into a British Sabu without the chairs and tables was brilliant.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Was there a storyline as to why she became this character or was this just randomly made? I just got back in NXT when the HHH era started and I have not seen her at all. 

Nope. She was taken off TV for a few months and returned as a new character. Sometimes it's better to make people forget about someone to repackage then come up with a storyline reason for the change.

Has anyone checked that QR code during the Austin Theory segment last night? 

If you check the QR out you will be lead to a hangman game animation that asks "who killed the world", and a white rabbit is dancing to select the letters and the first letters that it jumps to spell  "demon", eventually it spells out into "you did", and then at the very end it says 9.23 (which is this friday).

JIC anyone isn't aware, they have been playing the song White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane in multiple events off air and people have been recording it and uploaded it around social media for a couple of weeks now. 

It could be either Bray or Karrion Kross. White Rabbit was Kross' name back in lucha underground and there was an hour glass in the hangman graphic. 

I'm leaning more towards bray here because of how he used to sing "whole world in his hands" and during the Alexa vs Bayley match there is a point in that match where the whole stadium dims to dark red for about 1-2 seconds.

edit: https://tjrwrestling.net/news/qr-code-displayed-during-wwe-raw/

Edited by zatalcon3
19 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I disagree there. He was perfect as a heel alongside Miz and then they reshuffled him as a face and it still looked good. Helped that he balled out hard both times. I think there are a lot of people who hate him but I don't think it's universal hate like it once was. Feels more like he's the actual controversial star that they pretended Roman was when he was booed out of the building for a solid 3 years except this time it's on purpose.

As for the Saudi show, I don't want to see anyone mad about it rocking SNK avatars or talking about how hype they are for Garou 2 Mark of the Syrian Refugees! 

I quit snk games after saudis bought it. So that ain't me. My hate is consistent. 

Yeah anybody who makes a Benoit reference in the crowd is just trolling at this point. Or maybe ask for an early trip back home,

I have this sort of inner turmoil when it comes to Benoit. His matches are still excellent when judged under the technical level, but once you factor into the emotional side of things....yeah I dunno. It kinda ruins it for me. Like he was having all these messed up thoughts boiling in the back of whatever was left of his brain while putting clinics out there.