Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

6 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Can Saraya wrestle anymore, I thought her neck was jacked up?

Might be a DB like situation where WWE just simply wouldn't clear her. I hope she is legit healthy tho before gettin in the ring again

And I hate Jericho got another uneccessary win but I assume he's ROH champ now because they're shopping it around for a TV deal, a name like him could help ROH get greenlit

Edited by HD-Man

Punk's body definitely betraying him, I'd say finish out his contract, have all the dream matches and have him ultimately put over MJF on his way out.

That's Unless he can somehow find a way to strengthen his body to keep these injuries at by, if not his career is short, cuz that's more of a concern for me as opposed to his alleged attitude 

1 hour ago, scorp said:

Sting and Billy Gunn have worked out.

Punk is just unhinged and has a permanent chip on his shoulder.

You can add Jeff to the list of not worked out. That one you can argue was worse because he was in such a rush to sign him that he didn’t question his condition. I’m on the fence about Christian man went the Kevin Nash route and made a ton of money and barely wrestled at all. Matt I felt he was a waste of time others feel different.

7 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

You can add Jeff to the list of not worked out. That one you can argue was worse because he was in such a rush to sign him that he didn’t question his condition. I’m on the fence about Christian man went the Kevin Nash route and made a ton of money and barely wrestled at all. Matt I felt he was a waste of time others feel different.

It's almost like it doesn't matter about the age, but the general temperament of the person haha

6 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

I'll put Christian in the work out column as he worked some really good matches when he actually wrestled. His feud with Jungle Boy has given the latter a much needed fire under his ass.

Don't let recency bias cloud your judgment, Punk has most certainly being doing good work in AEW until the media scrum. He's been a draw and has some nice segments under his belt, nothing undos that unless he pulls a Benoit or Velveteen 

Him VS MJF was by far the best fued in AEW and Punk has also had banger fueds/matches with Kingston, Darby, Moxley and has also made other talent look good too even in defeat, such as Wardlow. (Ironically ppl shitting on Punk for stealing MJF's moment which MJF previously did to Wardlow) 

I respect ppl not liking him, be we ain't gonna pretend he was putting out garbage. That's not how logic works 

Edited by HD-Man

Punk has had some of the best matches and angles since he got there. Objectively on both, not Metlzer gave them 8 stars because he named moves after them.

Been better than the overwhelming memery of the EVP stuff. A lot of the stuff that the Elite and friends have been involved with has been ass. The people who stan those guys the most are the ones that want to buy into it for the sake of being cool kids about it. Shit is weird.

18 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Tony Khan is gonna need atleast 2 more shows in order to use all that talent properly. Nobody watches the YouTube shows so that leaves about 3 hours of screentime to share amongst all those ppl 

Yeah ROH needs it's own 2 Hour show. That would help out immensely IMO. Rampage may need to go to 2 hours as well. I like the 1 hour setup as its to the point, but talent needs to be seen.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Yeah ROH needs it's own 2 Hour show. That would help out immensely IMO. Rampage may need to go to 2 hours as well. I like the 1 hour setup as its to the point, but talent needs to be seen.

Yea, I don't see Rampage going 2 hours unless it goes live but it's certainly help. 

And I think Khan is shopping ROH around, maybe with Jericho as the face it'll get the green light. Hell, send Punk to ROH, that way can he can be free of The Elite in his own space so they won't step on each other's toes again 

3 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Yea, I don't see Rampage going 2 hours unless it goes live but it's certainly help. 

And I think Khan is shopping ROH around, maybe with Jericho as the face it'll get the green light. Hell, send Punk to ROH, that way can he can be free of The Elite in his own space so they won't step on each other's toes again 

With Colt Cabana 🤣

Punk should just get fired. Anyone noticed how different the feel of AEW is ever since Punk was gone? You can just sense it that the wrestlers have been at peace over the last week or so because he isn't in the locker room being a pain in the ass.

Punk was always overrated. He is one of the biggest embarrassments of being a wrestling fan because it is humiliating and even disgusting how that bum gets pop and even spoken about as if he still is tough when we all know that it isn't true and it's making all of us get laughed at by other sports communities for even treating this guy as a badass still. How the hell anyone can still be a fan of this guy is beyond me.  

15 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

Punk should just get fired. Anyone noticed how different the feel of AEW is ever since Punk was gone? You can just sense it that the wrestlers have been at peace over the last week or so because he isn't in the locker room being a pain in the ass.

Punk was always overrated. He is one of the biggest embarrassments of being a wrestling fan because it is humiliating and even disgusting how that bum gets pop and even spoken about as if he still is tough when we all know that it isn't true and it's making all of us get laughed at by other sports communities for even treating this guy as a badass still. How the hell anyone can still be a fan of this guy is beyond me.  

Nigga... Did he mug you? Some of yall need to walk away from prowrestling and computers. Yall way too emotional. 

12 hours ago, Maxx said:

Only an idiot thought a white belt with like 1 year of legit could beat a brown belt with actual fight training. Lol. 

No one expected him to win but he talked all the shit and made himself look like some tough guy who eventually got exposed and also humiliated wrestlers and wrestling fans.

I remember Jason David Frank calling him out to an MMA fight which was during the time Punk was making his transition from WWE to MMA and Punk talked a lot of shit during a comiccon. I wish that fight happened because it would have been so funny that Punk's MMA debut was the green ranger kicking his ass. 

4 hours ago, zatalcon3 said:

No one expected him to win but he talked all the shit and made himself look like some tough guy who eventually got exposed and also humiliated wrestlers and wrestling fans.

I remember Jason David Frank calling him out to an MMA fight which was during the time Punk was making his transition from WWE to MMA and Punk talked a lot of shit during a comiccon. I wish that fight happened because it would have been so funny that Punk's MMA debut was the green ranger kicking his ass. 

He talked shit to jdf because tommy was all over his nuts. He didnt talk shit in a "i can beat him up" kinda way... He made fun of how he didnt wanna fight tommy and repeatedly said this. Tommy was looking for a big name to get his shitty mma career off the ground. Tommy literally did everything he could to get to the ufc.. He rigged his fights.. He took a bunch of steroids his last attempt was chasing punk for two years. You got some weird revisionist history for how that shit went down. 

8 hours ago, Maxx said:

He talked shit to jdf because tommy was all over his nuts. He didnt talk shit in a "i can beat him up" kinda way... He made fun of how he didnt wanna fight tommy and repeatedly said this. Tommy was looking for a big name to get his shitty mma career off the ground. Tommy literally did everything he could to get to the ufc.. He rigged his fights.. He took a bunch of steroids his last attempt was chasing punk for two years. You got some weird revisionist history for how that shit went down. 

No, punk talked shit. It wasn't wrong for JDF to want to have a fight with him, that would be good money especially since Punk wasn't exposed yet.
Punk literally thought he was too good to fight him.

Lets not forget this too. The guy is deluded and people should be embarrassed for being a fan of his. 

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Punk didn't call jdf out... He was responding to everything jdf did. Jdf chased his ass for two years. Jdf was dick riding the fame to try and get a career that did not take off. And now this nigga got served divorce papers at a fuckkng con because he was cheating on his wife with con girls. Which talking to some convention friends was a known thing. 

JDF had already been in Muay Thai and carried with him an impressive record, and that was way back in the mid-late 2000s after he had left Dino Thunder. JDF chased Punk because he saw an easy way to get main event money off a can who people still believed could win a fight and back up their endorsement. 

Edited by Psychoblue
9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

JDF had already been in Muay Thai and carried with him an impressive record, and that was way back in the mid-late 2000s after he had left Dino Thunder. JDF chased Punk because he saw an easy way to get main event money off a can who people still believed could win a fight and back up their endorsement. 

his muay thai and am-mma fights were suspect for a good chunk of it. especially the mma ones...i know a rigged fight when i see it plus his shitty jump into steroids