Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

I've looked into it since. The consensus I've seen from fans is they feel she isn't really trying. That she isn't putting in the work. I haven't seen her wrestle since her initial run, so I can't comment on any of that first hand. She did well in her initial run IMO. Her being terrible on the mic isn't shocking. She can't act her way out of a paper bag. Surprised they' haven't put her with Paul Heyman or something. Given her mentality, I can't imagines fans chanting for Sasha went over well with her psyche. 

EDIT: *In Sammy Sosa voice*  "What @HD-Mansaid."  

See if anyone gets that old reference 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
10 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I've looked into it since. The consensus I've seen from fans is they feel she isn't really trying. That she isn't putting in the work. I haven't seen her wrestle since her initial run, so I can't comment on any of that first hand. She did well in her initial run IMO. Her being terrible on the mic isn't shocking. She can't act her way out of a paper bag. Surprised they' haven't put her with Paul Heyman or something. Given her mentality, I can't imagines fans chanting for Sasha went over well with her psyche. 

EDIT: *In Sammy Sosa voice*  "What @HD-Mansaid."  

See if anyone gets that old reference 😉

The only good match Ronda had since coming back was against Charlotte. Every match since has been divas era levels of terrible. 

37 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

GCW coming to a city near me next month, but I know fuck all about the product besides the fact that Cardona and Moxley used to wrestle there occasionally lol  🤔

ecw meetts backyard wrestling. mostly garbage with the occasional gem match...i watch it purely for lucha matches...they spend money to get legit lucha peeps from AAA or cmll

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

ecw meetts backyard wrestling. mostly garbage with the occasional gem match...i watch it purely for lucha matches...they spend money to get legit lucha peeps from AAA or cmll

Hell, I like Lucha, not a fan of garbage matches. But I may go anyway just to have something to do, and have an excuse to party in Huntsville lol

Most sites are reporting that Mandy broke the terms of her contract. It is unfortunate but she just got a lot of free publicity for her site so it looks like she will get a big payday on Christmas.

There are also reports that Triple H is not happy with the people WWE rehired earlier this year. Looks like another upheaval of talent in the works.

Edited by Jurassic

I can bet you Emma is on that list, too. She was at the house show and her match killed the crowd dead both in terms of the work in the ring and her complete lack of presence. She was facing Xia Li and at least people knew who Xia Li was. Everyone had forgotten Emma and she hardly did anything to make people care.

Might be time to turn her back into Phoebe from Friends and give her the goofy dance and old NXT theme. 

49 minutes ago, Lantis said:

Hopefully it's either Braun or Kross. They can go back to CYN with their lazy asses

I doubt it's Kross. The guy has been feuding with main-event talent since coming back. It's being setup to feud with Mysterio.

I can't see it being Braun neither. If he had issues with Braun Omos would have went over in Crown Jewel. He is going to be Gunther next feud when he's done with Ricochet. I can't imagine trips will put him against one of his golden boys if he wasn't happy with him

Stu used to go in on Kross and I didn't get why, but after this main roster run, I kinda understand. He's just not interesting other than his entrance. That promo against Rey showed a glimmer of hope tho 

I think Braun is fine tho, he's an decent big man in-ring  and is who still gets a respectable reaction from the crowd. Helps he got a good match out of Omos, that's a testament to his ability 

On 12/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, scorp said:

Oh baby.. Me, the wife and 4 friends got tix for AEW in Winnipeg.

Pretty fucken hype!

Grats on the tix!

I missed out on Winter is Coming this year because the date snuck up on me. It happened to be a week where we were super busy at work, but I couldn't get out of it, plus only the cheap seats were left @ CCC. I typically like ringside when I go watch wrestling there, but I had to be on the website minute one when tickets go on sale otherwise shit sells out around ringside super quick. On the upside, getting to watch Suzuki and Briscoes/FTR match 1 this year live was super awesome!