Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Vince has settled out of court with an ex-employee that accused him of rape.

“Mr. McMahon denies and always has denied raping Ms. Chatterton. And he settled the case solely to avoid the cost of litigation,” said Jerry McDevitt, a lawyer for McMahon, told the Journal. He didn’t immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/19/business/vince-mcmahon-settlement

On 1/24/2023 at 10:44 AM, HD-Man said:

WB finally lettin a Briscoe wrestle on Dynamite, a damn shame it took for one of em to die to make them let go of that grudge. Mark Briscoe vs Jay Lethal tommorow

20 hours ago, Maxx said:

its apparently jays bday

Way too many emotions last night for all those reasons.

Great ending. And hope we see more of Mark in the future as the ban is permanently lifted.

The Rumble could go SO many different ways tonight. Does Sami enter and win solidifying the break up? Does Cody win and possibly became boo'd out of the building cuz he's NOT Sami? Or do they suprise us with the return of Main Event Jey?

Probably the most interesting Rumble in forever. I'll miss it but im definitely catchin the replay

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

The Rumble could go SO many different ways tonight. Does Sami enter and win solidifying the break up? Does Cody win and possibly became boo'd out of the building cuz he's NOT Sami? Or do they suprise us with the return of Main Event Jey?

Probably the most interesting Rumble in forever. I'll miss it but im definitely catchin the replay

There only one thing I want for the rumble and that's Dominic Mysterio eliminating all the fan favorites.

RR was solid. It's probably the best RR i've seen in years. 

The bloodline story has been 5* masterclass tv. 

There are some small things that I wish they did. I wish booker t stayed a bit longer so he and edge could tussle for a bit just for the nostalgia of the former generation. Not a big deal that they didn't do that, but I thought it could have been a nice touch.

I wasn't as sold with Asuka's presentation to her Kana gimmick. It wasn't bad, but i did expect something more like her actual kana days and not just asuka with new facepaint. I was hoping for her and Io Shirai to have a 1v1 at WM but it looks like they aren't going to do it. 

Overall I would say the RR was 7/10. No major surprises in either Rumble aside from Nia Jax's return (they kinda fucked up in the countdown because her music started BEFORE the countdown LOL) Everyone was popping when she got eliminated though LOL.

Poor Chelsea Green, her first match back and gets eliminated in 4 seconds. Should have never left TNA girl LMAO

I'm convinced that Bray is a true master in character work....but kinda limited when it comes to in-ring skills. Still, that hidden face paint was dope as shit. Looks scarier than the Fiend TBH (dunno how they can implement that in future matches though). I think the whole Mountain Dew sponsorship took everyone out of the match.

Biggest pops was possibly when Lashley eliminated Brock and (of course) when Sami hit Roman with the chair. Dunno who is writing this shit but Bloodline arc is fuckin dope AF. So many layers to it.

KO's moonsault botch was wonky

Man...watching AEW live is about as disorienting as watching it on TV. Daniel Bryans got the biggest pops. After starting the show with MJF, the energy was sucked out for a bit. Crowd was kinda indifferent during the rampage taping. I left halfway thorugh the Orange Cassidy match because fuck it.

Ref really couldn't keep track of the active man during the trios belt. It was fun but a lot of stuff made little sense.

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Vince gotta be shadow booking RAW. No way we gettin Brock/Omos and Bray returning to the fun house gimmick with no explanation unless he's involved. I'd hate for WWE to become watchable just for the old man to ruin it again

Bray brought back the fun house in his with feud with LA knight. The fun house came back when he finally gave in to his demons again.

9 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Bray brought back the fun house in his with feud with LA knight. The fun house came back when he finally gave in to his demons 

Fuck. I think i did miss one segment in that feud, guess im wrong on that part🤦🏾‍♂️

Brock/Omos definitely seems Vince-ey tho. Not that im opposed to the match, it just should be on Crown Jewel or some lesser PPV