Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

I guess they just wanted for Brock to have his WM paycheck without messing with any of the ongoing storylines. If this were Vince booking we would probably have seen Brock vs. Roman for like the bajillionth time LOL

They could have had the Lashley and Brock blow off at WrestleMania. Ending it on a indecisive finish sucks balls

Yeah I was hoping for Brock and Lashley to have their final match @ WM too, but I guess that would have left Bray without much to do.

I think the point here is I don't really wanna see Omos in anything. Just make him a comedy character already (like they always do with all their monster characters)

9 hours ago, Lantis said:

I think it speaks more to the talent involved than incompetent booking TBH

TK should just let shit happen instead of trying to build piss poor storylines

True. We you have guys they can put on MOTY contenders with ease, it can kind of bypass poor booking. WWE can learn from that, sometimes you just gotta let them go out there and put on bangers when the storylines arent quite clicking,  atleast keep the action strong 

On 3/6/2023 at 7:47 PM, HD-Man said:

True. We you have guys they can put on MOTY contenders with ease, it can kind of bypass poor booking. WWE can learn from that, sometimes you just gotta let them go out there and put on bangers when the storylines arent quite clicking,  atleast keep the action strong 

WWE has done that. Remember how fucking awful the build to Bianca vs Sasha Banks was for WrestleMania 37? Somehow they got the main-event and had the best match of the night.

Haven't posted in a while, but Dynamite was incredible. The crowd was hot and it was fantastic to be surrounded by smarks everywhere.

I even show up blurred in the BTE vlog lol
My friend, me wearing my Nexus hoodie and my wife beside me (5 of us came to Winnipeg together)

qHPXzKZ.png

Here is a small album of some pics if anyone cares to see -  https://imgur.com/a/tOM5sjM

Can't wait to do it again on July 5th when they come to Edmonton!

17 hours ago, iStu X said:

I can’t tell if you’re being facetious or not. Every live event I went to where I’ve been in this situation I hated. 

haha I'm definitely 100% serious.

Everyone was super chill and knowledgeable, cracking funny jokes, etc.

Might be a CAN vs USA thing too, I dunno.

4 minutes ago, nickmanx5 said:

was that shane shit real or not? i have to know!!! because if so even tho i like shane🤣

It did look like a Shane thing to do 😂

Then again the McMahons have this innate ability to injure themselves by doing nothing at all

Having Roman beat Cody was a bad decision. Its unlikely they'll be able to recapture that lightning in a bottle just to reach some 1000 day milestone for Roman. THAT was the time to pull the trigger

They had 3 times to cement a hot babyface in the past year and fumbled each time. I think im not gonna be watching WWE for awhile, they seem to actively spite fans for investing in them. And with Vince back in control due to merging with UFC, it'll only get worse

On 4/2/2023 at 11:41 PM, Lantis said:

Wow, never expected Roman to retain. They must really be aiming for Roman to reach 1000 days as champion.

Then again, if it aint Cody, who can it be?

Brock mebbe?? He's usually that hired gun to get the job done. New WWE Champ throw Brock in there to @#$! him up and no one bats an eyelid!

On 4/2/2023 at 11:41 PM, Lantis said:

Wow, never expected Roman to retain. They must really be aiming for Roman to reach 1000 days as champion.

Then again, if it aint Cody, who can it be?

It's still going to be Cody. I guess they will let Roman get his 1000 days before stripping Cody. Until then, Cody will have to sidetrack with Lesnar so he can get his blood money paycheck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got into watching 70s wresting during the quarantine and this was who stood out the most for me. Other than being that one bodybuilder in an era there weren’t many and how active his body language was when selling for the babyface, his promos were unlike anything that was being done from the others in that era apart from Dusty who allegedly got it from him. As someone else  put it, his promos were like hearing the original version of a song that’s been sampled and remade over and over.

I don't see Solo takin over the Bloodline, he's kind of his own thing despite being in the group. Seems more likely they'll turn him face at some point against Roman once he's a Solo act again (could possibly see Paul managing him too if they do a double turn)