Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

Will be interesting to see how Punk is received outside of the Chicago bubble, but judging by his promo, he might be expecting some heat elsewhere.

Also wonder if he's gonna feud with MJF for a unification match

From what I've been reading, Punk's only going to be on Collison with some of the younger talent. I'm not saying there won't be some talent crossover but the show seems to be make sure they have enough air time for all their talent. Plus, it'll keep Punk and the Elite from crossing paths. Limiting the potential for real world drama.

33 minutes ago, Lantis said:

One also has to consider the validity of a third weekly show from AEW. Rampage already feels like the B-show as it is, and aside from stacking the debut episode, we would have to see if Collision is gonna stick the landing

The Vibe I get it is. Dynamite = Raw, Collision = Smackdown, Rampage = Sunday Night Heat 

Edited by Darc_Requiem

Collision feels so different from the other AEW shows in a good way. Seems less fluff and more strictly business. I like both the major shows having their own identity despite being under the same company 

I hope it doesnt start hot and dive off a cliff like Rampage eventually did. I need them to treat this as well as they treat Dynamite 

Tony Khan is a real tool bringing Punk back.

Why in the hell would you rehire a guy who shitted on you and your company? You may as well just admit on live tv that Punk can piss in your mouth and you'll still bring him back because you have no clue on how to get people to watch your shit. Not only did punk humiliate tony while sitting next to him, he gets injured a lot. He fucked himself up in an attempt to hit someone, how much of a weakass loser can this guy be, yet you are going to pay him all that money again? LOL

I think no wrestling company should ever perform in Chicago ever again. They got some trash taste on their choice of hometown heroes. 

Edited by zatalcon3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, HD-Man said:

Verdict on the new AEW games seems to boil down to: Good core gameplay but lacking in the content area, just about what I expected out of a new franchise 

I plan on getting it still, looks fun and I want a sequel that improves on what's already there 

Ya I find it hilarious when people compare to a franchise that has been making games since the 80s lol.

I hope it sells enough so that they make more. I don't need it yearly, but 2-3 years would be ok.

AEW is killing it. They sold 75,000 tickets at Wembley Stadium. If I'm correct, they've surpassed the Wrestlemania attendance record

A side effect of this is I'm sure WWE is considering running a Mania there now and maybe this will light a fire under them to put out better weekly shows (their PPVs are on point tho)

Correction: they have surpassed only WM 3. They need about 5,000 more tickets to sell to beat the record. Which considering they havent even announced one match, is quite possible

Edited by HD-Man

Solo definitely turning on Roman when he lose that belt. Being Tribal Chief is predicated on being the top guy, without that Roman aint the chief anymore 

I'm somewhat understanding why he retained even tho I still say Cody should've won at Mania

They definitely aiming for a Cody-Roman rematch @  WM 40, probably when Solo will turn against Roman and give Cody the W.

But also same, should've dropped it this past Mania. I mean you have Cody having throwaway feuds with Dominik of all people LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lantis said:

https://www.wesh.com/article/cash-wheeler-arrested-assault/44852157

Wheeler done fucked up. One less match we probably gonna have in All In (unless Dax pulls a mystery partner out of his ass)

I saw "Wheeler done fucked up." and immediately thought of Wheeler Yuta until I clicked the link. I can never remember Cash Wheeler's name. I remember Dax Harewood no problem though....weird.

Side note: If really did that dumb shit, he's lucky that he only got arrested. He pulls that shit on the wrong person and they would have unloaded the clip into his car. People need to stop treating guns like a joke. My dad told me that you shouldn't pull your gun unless you are intending to fire it. The simple act of pulling your gun is gonna escalate situation to Defcon 1. Flashing one at some is just next level stupid.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Bray's death was revealed to be a heart attack triggered by a covid related respiratory issue. 

And as per usual, the anti-vaxxers are having a field day with it (despite the fact that at no point was it mentioned if Bray was vaccinated or not)

This is why I hate humanity sometimes

Edited by Lantis

I highly disliked Bray Wyatt's character and the entire first arc of his horror at WWE. Over time, I grew to appreciate him, but I was still young and thirsting for Stone Cold to make a random Raw or Mania appearance here and there.

Now, having passed my wrestling entertainment period, I look back on my enjoyment of the sport through a more analytical lens. What I find is that I highly underrated a lot of people and bought into the hype that was being sold to me. Bray Wyatt is definitely one of the most skilled and talented creatives in the industry. He will always be that. I regret not appreciating him enough as a performer, fan and creative during my time watching wrestling. His entrances were the first time I ever watched a stadium go dark and light up with torches. What a guy.

I haven't been keeping up that much lately. So I've only heard about this situation in passing. So Punk and Perry got into a fight back stage because Punk didn't like Perry saying something on all in about glass spot he disagreed with? Is that accurate? If so, why is Megashock aged dude starting fights with dudes in his 20s. It seems like this was an internal issue that no one would have known about if Punk didn't cause physical altercation. If would have been an adult about it, I'd think Perry would have gotten some sort of punishment. 

If my take on this in correct. Please let me know, I didn't see this live. So I'm just making an observation based on what I've read.

Edited by Darc_Requiem

I'm of that idea as well. I mean, sure, the Elite and Jungle Jack could be acting out like whiny bitches, but Punk should have known better. All those years in the business and you're going for knee jerk reactions? Not a good look. A lot of people might make a case for the young ins acting unprofessional, but you should have a clearer head than flame them out in scathing promos or backstage confrontations. Especially since Punk had more leverage with upper management in AEW than he ever did in WWE

Not at all justifying what the Elite and Jungle Jack did, but all those memes of people calling Punk soft are not too far from the truth

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I haven't been keeping up that much lately. So I've only heard about this situation in passing. So Punk and Perry got into a fight back stage because Punk didn't like Perry saying something on all in about glass spot he disagreed with? Is that accurate? If so, why is Megashock aged dude starting fights with dudes in his 20s. It seems like this was an internal issue that no one would have known about if Punk didn't cause physical altercation. If would have been an adult about it, I'd think Perry would have gotten some sort of punishment. 

If my take on this in correct. Please let me know, I didn't see this live. So I'm just making an observation based on what I've read.

A few weeks ago Jack Perry wanted to do a glass spot on Collision. Perry was advised by personal that it was too dangerous and a safety hazard and he wasn't having it. They got punk to talk to him about it so he can tell him no. Perry reportedly threw a fit.

At the PPV Jack got his real glass spot. Before he did it he looked into the camera and said "real glass, cry me a river". This was seen as a shot at punk. Punk confront him about it at gorilla and they threw hands.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

A few weeks ago Jack Perry wanted to do a glass spot on Collision. Perry was advised by personal that it was too dangerous and a safety hazard and he wasn't having it. They got punk to talk to him about it so he can tell him no. Perry reportedly threw a fit.

At the PPV Jack got his real glass spot. Before he did it he looked into the camera and said "real glass, cry me a river". This was seen as a shot at punk. Punk confront him about it at gorilla and they threw hands.

So instead of Punk not throwing hands and letting Perry get suspended for being out of pocket. His decided to throw hands? Dudes in 40s, he should know better. Especially with the reputation. Perry is 20 something dumbass. Punk is supposed to be a veteran lockeroom leader.

Edited by Darc_Requiem