Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

14 hours ago, iStu X said:

NXT has a creative team but it’s incredibly small compared to the weekly cables which each have like 20-30 writers. 

last time I checked NXT’s writing team was

HHH

HBK

Road Dogg

Bloom

Del Ray (Amatto)

Michael Cole (not kidding.) 

I wanna say some bookers from the cable weeklies pull double duties for production. I know Storm and Abyss did. 

Sounds like a booking team not a writers room. I can't imagine any of them writing full on scripts. 

9 hours ago, iStu X said:

I still have my New Japan x Curry Man shirt in a box somewhere 

So there's a comment thread going right now and someone brought up the fact that they didn't like Daniels was  a white guy pretending to be Japanese. 

Now unless I'm remembering it wrong, I don't remember them actually referring to his race. Just that he spoke fake Japanese and was a masked man. Google told me he was just naming njpw guys instead of speaking actual Japanese. 

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Ciampa’s gimmick of just walking around telling people to get off his lawn is the dumbest shit ever. 

why are you having him bury all your upcoming guys? Makes no sense. Early 2000’s CiampaH run incoming? 

Ciampa and Gargano should be jobbing

But here they are wasting space 

While I'm not sure if Sting should tease a match given why he stopped wrestling in the first place, I like the idea of AEW getting Shaq and Snoop to be on their show.  Those are the kind of mainstream guest appearances they should be shooting for to get people to check them out if they aren't already.  Even if 10% of the people rubbernecking stick around afterwards that's a huge win for AEW.

Seeing all of these NXT guys get hurt, along with word that some of the big guys fresh from NXT's last 2 years like Keith and Otis being forced to do twice a week in-ring polishing classes from Pearce and Non-Pedo Gulak (for now), makes me wonder if maybe the guys they're featuring on weekly TV should start wrestling "safe style" being that they're just gonna be told they're sloppy green health hazards once the decree to move to them the main two shows starts.  

Why is the heritage cup being defended? It was a tournament prize. It’s not a championship. 

makes absolutely no sense. Lol

also, why does it seem like the Saito Suplex is the new 450? Pretty sure 5 people across the WWE’s roster use it as a finisher. 

are they watching Christopher Daniels tapes at the PC’s?

Edited by iStu X

Omega vs Laredo Kid was so good. 

Motweekend is still desperado vs hiromu though

Saito suplex only looks good when big dudes like davey boy jr, morishima, and well japanese guys do it.

All these manlets in nxt uk are stale at this point. Tyler Bate should be on nxt proper. Walter should be main roster

Edited by DrLariat

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/aew-wrestlers-not-thrilled-with-jim-ross-publicly-burying-their-in-ring-work/

Fuck these dopes with their overkill matches

The backlash for nxt overkill is palpable. Nobody likes gargano or ciampa. The war games had pat McAffee kick out of finishers back to back.

Fuck this do all these moves for no rhyme or reason style.

I mean why does jungle boy kick out of everything he is not even a pushed commodity 

Wait so keith is being buried despite being a pushed dude who is in line for a title shot?

I mean What are shane's kids thinking. Remember vince is getting notes from 7 year olds and a horny 15 year old who wants divas everywhere

Edited by DrLariat

"Going to the performance center" just means "going down a few exits on the highway when you're not at a taping" right now.  That's how Otis can still be on SD this week despite being on the list too.

350 pounds is a lot of weight to come down no matter how athletic you are.  It's also a lot of weight for the other guy to safely do moves with.  At least they're in good hands with Pearce and it's not some brown-nosing schlub like DeMott.  

Meanwhile in Mexico.  

Unrelated, this is why I listen to Cornette every week.  He does way more than dress down guys, but he gives constructive feedback and suggestions that would objectively make the show better.  This is required listening for anyone into fantasy booking or even creative writing.

Edited by Psychoblue

Jonathan Coachman: “Talent is scared to death they will get in trouble if they change one word of a promo. Do you think Rock or Austin took a promo from a 23 year old writer and said “yep I will do this word for word”. And if you can’t talk you have NO shot of getting over. #practice”

Damn true.

Bring back bulletpoints.

5 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

JR criticizes AEW regularly on his podcast. 

Tony Khan also a fan of the new japan style. He just lets these guys do whatever because fuck it 

I think once a jericho steps down into a head booker role or they get a head agent to guide everyone and booking shows to a crescendo

I hate pwg super indy style weekly. The style is wrought with bullshit and we are all done with ciampa and gargano bullshit. I liked the keith lee squash of cole. I was okay with kross beating keith lee with one super saito suplex

I was happy when balor only used one finish on gargano and ciampa got squashed by kross.

In aew jr and schaivone only get serious when dustin rhodes, kenny, jericho, moxley, ftr, and hosses work.

When private party and jurassic express come out tony and jr and tazz while on dark shift to something else. When it is butcher and blade jr is engaged. When any dark order segment happens tony and jr no sell and mock it.

Hell most of aew dark is tazz popping excalibur by burying jabronis

Talent is afraid. New Day and Shield only got to be good because they rallied with their boys.

I really think though vince just chooses who to push on whims and stubbornness 

Roman did some movies and now vince is scared to lose him. More guys need outside projects to get vince all in.

I mean imagine if kofi actually got to be his obnoxious overbearing self that he is in the podcast during his reign instead of smiling kofi

Edited by DrLariat
1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

NXT looking to kill off the "gathering around and catch someone" spot on their end.  If they hadn't been so predisposed to wait there, maybe they would have caught him.  

Probably because McAfee fucking flat backed the spot at takeover. 7 people and no one fucking caught him.