Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

2 hours ago, iStu X said:

Because that’s the same fucking thing when it comes to what we’re talking about 🙄

It happens in major lucha matches all the time.

La park or blue demon jr gets battle damaged mask and blades

The mask comes off and boom

Hell fenix and pentagon got unmasked in some crazy brawls

I am also saying mask ripping is a pro wrestling trope. El samurai, sasuke, hayabusa, tiger mask, ultimo dragon, psycho clown have all had their mask ripped off in an intense match. It happens.

03e.0.jpeg

t1UWQHJ.gif

tumblr_nhi6jzgpAj1rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

Hell the only times a wrestler just tossed a mask ends up maskless was misawa

w4vlvg3v6oy41.jpg

Edited by DrLariat

I Imagine wwe know how much she is worth

Kairi working as an idol for wwe

Once sareee starts in nxt kawaii 

Why wwe going for india when there is no money in india is nuts

Just send them to nxt uk. Have jinny win the womens title

Give us walter vs jinder

Edited by DrLariat

TLC thoughts (ongoing) 

AJ constantly died for our sins.

Miz should have won. Dude has been a mid-card work horse and often times show stealer for over a decade. He deserved it more than MehcIntyre. AJ got busted open up hard way too 

Carmella’s new gimmick 1000% should have been Lana’s. It’s dumb that Lana’s gimmick is a clear burial as punishment for her Miro leaving. Corey must enjoys being cucked though since Carmella has a new BBC side piece. 

New Day vs. Hurt Business was fine 

Charlotte is Asuka’s mystery partner? Oh and of course they win. Fucking yawn. Why does it matter if Ric is there?

i loved Owens vs. Reigns until the final 5 or so minutes. Just tons of no selling. The spear through the table should have been the finish. 

gothic loli Alexa is the absolute best Alexa. Also I’m glad they’re finally going all in on giving the same mystic as the undertaker and Kane to Bray/The Fiend. Shit is ridiculously awesome. I’ve been watching YouTube videos of the build for this feud and it’s been great. 

the flames getting bigger during spots is just as bad camera shaking. 

Randys reaction after the rko on the on fire spot was like “holy shit the spot actually worked” 

The end spot was a great visual and well done but you could tell that was clearly a fire dummy dressed as bray. I guess that kind of spot is accomplishable now with whoever is watching on the monitors via thunder dome is at the mercy of the camera man to show them the action. 

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Man, I've been out of the loop for way too long.

This dude's name is Leon Ruff? Who the hell thought that was a good idea when there's a guy named Lio Rush that was just on the roster? 

That would be like them signing a guy named "Gene Andreugh" 

Leon used to be part of my old FB wrestling group and I would take him over Lio Rush given where his head is at vs where Lio's was at for most of his time.  Lio lasted as long as he did because he was buddies with Vince until it was time for the budget cuts.  

Leon comes from EVOLVE, he was picked up when EVOLVE went under and while he's unpolished in some areas he has a really neat underdog charisma about him.  

11 hours ago, iStu X said:

The end spot was a great visual and well done but you could tell that was clearly a fire dummy dressed as bray. I guess that kind of spot is accomplishable now with whoever is watching on the monitors via thunder dome is at the mercy of the camera man to show them the action. 

They're watching the exact same broadcast you are, only in worse quality and with a showrunner talking over it.  

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Leon used to be part of my old FB wrestling group and I would take him over Lio Rush given where his head is at vs where Lio's was at for most of his time.  Lio lasted as long as he did because he was buddies with Vince until it was time for the budget cuts.  

Leon comes from EVOLVE, he was picked up when EVOLVE went under and while he's unpolished in some areas he has a really neat underdog charisma about him.  

Cheeseburger 2.0 lol no one can convince me that isn't his whole ass gimmick 

17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

LOL. I feel like alot of people have been missing the fact that their a character narrative going on with Owens. That may actually lead to a heel turn. This whole entire face run has been this part redemption angle as well as everyone reminding Owens he's a scum bag in the past and turns in every partner.thats why he's struggled to get people to help him. It's really interesting to me. 

Tyler Rust looks like a clean faced Silas Young 

Edit: why is everyone using variations of the Rings of Saturn now? Did everyone retroactively realize how awesome of a finisher it is?

Zack Gibson is a god on the mic. Every word he says is believable 

i fucking hate that Kross is back. Put him on the main roster so I don’t have to watch him. 

kyle and dunne murdered each other 

seriously wtf. Kross is so ridiculously awful. 

ok. This promo from ever rise is great “we’re still considered undefeated. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT GOLDBERG! WE’RE COMING FOR YOU!” That shit had me in stitches. 
also I swear the “EVERRISE RULES!” Is a riff on “O’DOYLE RULES!” From Billy Madison. 

I need Toni Storm to crush me with her thighs. 

Edited by iStu X
19 hours ago, Maxx said:

LOL. I feel like alot of people have been missing the fact that their a character narrative going on with Owens. That may actually lead to a heel turn. This whole entire face run has been this part redemption angle as well as everyone reminding Owens he's a scum bag in the past and turns in every partner.thats why he's struggled to get people to help him. It's really interesting to me. 

Your giving WWE too much credit. He doesn't get help because faces are dumb and no one help each other because reasons.

8 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Your giving WWE too much credit. He doesn't get help because faces are dumb and no one help each other because reasons.

No it's clear they've been doing something with his character that's in continuity with it. Theirs a wrestling gif page I follow who has been following the whole thing and breaking down diff points of his face run. Their is a continuity going on, it's subtle.. And it may have way more to do with Owens than writers but it's there 

1 minute ago, AYO?! said:

Wrassle Kingdom is soon, maybe it'll reinvigorate my hobby. I have mostly been checked out of it this year and sporadically watch a bit of some PPV's to see if they do anything for me. 

Mostly been on that Sumo which has been enjoyable.

One day I want to attend a WK, they are always good shows.

3 hours ago, AYO?! said:

Wrassle Kingdom is soon, maybe it'll reinvigorate my hobby. I have mostly been checked out of it this year and sporadically watch a bit of some PPV's to see if they do anything for me. 

Mostly been on that Sumo which has been enjoyable.

LOL this years wk is gonna be wacky. It's not being treated like the season finale like it normally is this year. They were pretty gun shy about pulling the trigger on alot of stories. 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's been a while since I caught up with New Japan. Last thing I remember was Jay White winning the case from Ibushi.

Since they got 2 nights and gedo is in fuck it mode. Jay white got final boss status for night 2. I hope he wins because jay is my favorite heel.

The pandemic fucked njpw over. It forced evil up but a lot the stuff did not pan out. Kenta, jay, moxley were going to be bigger this year. Okada pretty much took a backseat. In short.

Njpw got 2020'd

Ospreay vs Okada is basically okada being treated as if he is feuding with himself as Ospreay is doing a ted dibiase/ric flair impression with a modern twist.

I also think Oka is poised for a big 2021. Cobb  vs Shingo is also going to be great

Edited by DrLariat
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I was hoping the IC and heavyweight belts would be separated by now. 

I think the plan was always ibushi winning and losing the ic title to like a sanada.

Kenta probably would be us champ by now with how he is defending the title shot.

The rumor is msg for 2021 and the aewxnjpw forbiden door being open.

Okada vs Moxley, omega vs ibushi, and there is so much to be done.

9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I can't help but wonder if these lung issues could have been prevented if caught sooner. An athlete like him succumbing to something like that at his age seems unreal in a major promotion.

Coulda been pneumonia or some sort of lung cancer they never caught, etc. there’s an uncountable amount of things it could be. 

using your jump to conclusions mat seems a little hasty imo. 

1 minute ago, iStu X said:

Coulda been pneumonia or some sort of lung cancer they never caught, etc. there’s an uncountable amount of things it could be. 

using your jump to conclusions mat seems a little hasty imo. 

Not really.  

Pneumonia is common enough and has enough treatments where your prognosis is pretty good, especially at Harper's age.  The lung cancer bit is possible but I feel like if that were the case, the family would have been more open about it given how common it is.

We'll see what other information comes out as the family is ready to share it.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, Hawkingbird said:

We don't know what the condition is. This could have been something he been fighting for a while. 

Given how long he was off TV, most likely, but my original post stands.  Maybe it was something like cancer but I felt that would have been made clear.  

You guys need to stop jumping on me for saying what everyone is thinking:  this is horrible, and given how sudden this is I wonder if anything could have been done to improve the prognosis depending on what news comes out in the aftermath as the family is ready to share more.  

8 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

You guys need to stop jumping on me for saying what everyone is thinking

I wasn’t thinking it all cause I’m not a piece of shit who tries to excuse it as “I’m JuSt SaYiNg WhAt EvErYoNe iS tHiNkInG” or “I jUsT tElL iT lIkE iT iS” 

Kick rocks. 

Edited by iStu X
28 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Given how long he was off TV, most likely, but my original post stands.  Maybe it was something like cancer but I felt that would have been made clear.  

You guys need to stop jumping on me for saying what everyone is thinking:  this is horrible, and given how sudden this is I wonder if anything could have been done to improve the prognosis depending on what news comes out in the aftermath as the family is ready to share more.  

I'm not the type to speculate on this type of thing. I'll wait until we get the actual info. Given how every surprise death that happened this year was a result of someone hiding a serious illness or condition I don't think it would have been made clear. It would only be revealed if the circumstance was unavoidable. Like, No one knew about Roman's cancer until there was a very real possibility that will be forced to retire.  

This dude loved being a dad. That year he was out with wwe did give him time at home and he got to be with his kids

Dude was the best hoss in the last decade 

With this outpouring of love. Wwe will definitely give him that tribute on monday and 10 bell...

Fuck...

On an unrelated note. I was hype for Harper going to work new japan. Like allegedly had the same deal as moxley.

Even in aew we did not get that big man battle with archer or swagger.

This sucks

The suddenness of all this brought to mind MVP's irregular heart beat that was caught earlier before it became a fatal issue.  Before jumping on me, think about this stuff objectively and assume, with 100% accuracy given my chosen profession as a competent health professional, that my concerns are preventing whatever ailed him in anyone else who has similar circumstances put upon them.  Morons.

Edited by Psychoblue