Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Night 1 was dope

1, ibushi vs Naito. Really good. Enough head drops to satisfy the sadist. Man i think ibushi needs a new finish. Kamagoye reaching angle slam status
2. GoD vs Dangerous Tekkers was superb tag team wrestling. “Come on taichi’ it’s the fucking tokyo dome!”
3. Okada and Ospreay had a damn fine match.

Was good. I like that moxley is going to pop up. I honestly hope for moxley vs kenta on dynamite.

Ibushi ascends to godhood. Was a good night

Oka showed up. I hope he goes more for that technician style than brawler.

I fully expect ibushi to lose the ic belt to sanada

Anybody up for the two night wrestlemania again this year?

I think this formula shortening the shows and gives time but does not kill the audience

Also njpw still with the big time

It’s sad that it’d be a swerve if McIntyre actually went over on goldberg. 

bitch just get a job at retail store or drive-thru. Your tag line works perfectly 

“Thanks for coming to your local Wendy’s. WHO’S NEXT?!” 

*cornette enters the chat*

Edited by iStu X

The McIntyre Title Reign cherry was already popped when Orton went over.  

Goldberg will win, then Drew (or Keith) gets the salty runback at Mania.

Goldberg gets a nice check to tide his family over as the vaccines get distributed, then Drew/Keith can brag about being one of the few to have a clean pinfall win over Goldberg.

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, scorp said:

Question Mark What GIF by Aminé

Don't tell me you're one of those anti-vaxxers.  I had to tell a dude he's not welcome back in my house for the CVS2 runback until he gets his shots when they become available late next month/early March, because he was saying people are suckers for wanting to put that in their veins.  

Just now, Psychoblue said:

Don't tell me you're one of those anti-vaxxers.  I had to tell a dude he's not welcome back in my house for the CVS2 runback until he gets his shots when they become available late next month/early March, because he was saying people are suckers for wanting to put that in their veins.  

No I'm not an anti-vaxxer. Where do you get all your hot takes? lol

I'm just in awe that someone thinks that Bill Goldberg is a human being that is hurting for money at the moment.

4 minutes ago, scorp said:

No I'm not an anti-vaxxer. Where do you get all your hot takes? lol

I'm just in awe that someone thinks that Bill Goldberg is a human being that is hurting for money at the moment.

More power to him TBH.  That Taker match was bad but Taker had been washed for a long time and should have already retired by that point. 

Goldberg is in his mid-50s and can still command main event money because he takes care of himself and his brand.  A ton of wrestlers could learn from that especially now where there's more than one company on network TV.

Goldberg's not coming in with a beer belly, and he's not going to be doing more than what he's capable of.  He's also not coming in with crippling injuries that would prevent him from having the same kind of match he usually does.  Whatever match he has will be a dip switch turned off 3-4 minute maybe combo video, and at the end of it he puts over Drew/Keith and make his bag.  He protected his brand enough where beating him still means something and while the IWC is sick of him, normies will tune in because he didn't stick around long enough to wear out his welcome and he won't be in such shape that normie twitter buries him like they did Jericho a couple weeks back when they saw him in AEW and said he had the body of a baby mama.

Edited by Psychoblue
1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

More power to him TBH.  That Taker match was bad but Taker had been washed for a long time and should have already retired by that point. 

Goldberg's not coming in with a beer belly, and he's not going to be doing more than what he's capable of.  Whatever match he has will be a dip switch turned off 3-4 minute maybe combo video, and at the end of it he puts over Drew/Keith and make his bag.  He protected his brand enough where beating him still means something and while the IWC is sick of him, normies will tune in because he didn't stick around long enough to wear out his welcome and he won't be in such shape that normie twitter buries him like they did Jericho a couple weeks back when they saw him in AEW and said he had the body of a baby mama.

So Bill can't talk nor can he wrestle, considering his finisher is now a regular suplex.

But somehow he's going to attract viewers because he's a jacked 54 year old?

I guess it's time to bring this gif back from the dead.

HYpFZCP.gif?noredirect

But if people are going to enjoy the new Goldberg run, more power to them.

I'm still predicting a lot of bitching by the IWC if he pulls off a win from Drew.

Just now, scorp said:

So Bill can't talk nor can he wrestle, considering his finisher is now a regular suplex.

But somehow he's going to attract viewers because he's a jacked 54 year old?

I guess it's time to bring this gif back from the dead.

HYpFZCP.gif?noredirect

But if people are going to enjoy the new Goldberg run, more power to them.

I'm still predicting a lot of bitching by the IWC if he pulls off a win from Drew.

Looking in shape as an athlete isn't bad lol.  You can look at NBA twitter and how they decimated Jericho to see that.

20 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

when they become available late next month/early March

man, you're pretty optimistic. 

19 minutes ago, scorp said:

I'm just in awe that someone thinks Bill Goldberg is a human being that is hurting for money at the moment.

mood GIF

If anything, he's bored cause he couldn't do anything else during 2020, so he'd figure he win another belt and get some cash. 

I will say, his feud with Lesnar that ended at WM33 was pretty entertaining imho. 

Edited by KingTubb
5 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Look at it this way.

If Kevin Owens took time off, came back and looked like 2005 Randy Orton, would people REALLY hate on him?

Staying in shape or getting in better shape as your position up the card changes should never, EVER be faulted.  

lol My point is... Being in shape doesn't mean you should be challenging for a world title, especially if you are old too, can't work the mic (his promo last night was pure ass) and can't even pull of your finisher.

Is Tom Magee your favorite wrestler?

11 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

My mom already got her first dose last week and that matches up with the timetable I've heard given her own position as a front care worker.

If a single wrestler gets the vaccine before all nurses/doctors/teachers in the country, the system has failed miserably.

Just now, scorp said:

If a single wrestler gets the vaccine before all nurses/doctors/teachers in the country, the system has failed miserably.

I was talking about late Feb/March/April, when Goldberg will have wrestled at Mania, done the job for whoever, and ride of whatever's left of stay-at-home with the check he'll get until live events return whenever.  

5 minutes ago, scorp said:

If a single wrestler gets the vaccine before all nurses/doctors/teachers in the country, the system has failed miserably

Hate to break it to you, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that Vince has already got it. He's rich, was deemed an essential worker in the state of Florida, and is over 65. And I wouldn't be surprised if he lobbied himself some extra doses for his favorites. 

Roman is an essential worker too, and is immunocompromised. Vince probably has a dose for him. 

There's already news about the wealthy elite getting vaccinated early 

25 minutes ago, scorp said:

Considering the same people who “help” run our country and have been calling covid a hoax since December of 2019 were the first people to vaccinated, yeah. We failed 

Edited by iStu X
4 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I was talking about late Feb/March/April, when Goldberg will have wrestled at Mania, done the job for whoever, and ride of whatever's left of stay-at-home with the check he'll get until live events return whenever.  

What about the Rumble? He's challenging Drew at the Rumble.

It was apparently decided Saturday that Goldberg would face Drew at the Rumble, they claim they had nobody else who was ready to face Drew so they went with that option

Also, Goldberg's promo didn't make much sense since Drew showed nothing but respect to the Legends all night. Combo of shitty writing and Goldberg not being able to improvise 

27 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

What about the Rumble? He's challenging Drew at the Rumble.

As I said earlier, given that the Drew title reign cherry was already popped by Orton a couple of months ago, Goldberg will likely win here, then Drew runs it back at Wrestlemania.  Goldberg has lost clean so rarely that a victory over him still has meaning, although this should absolutely be the last time.

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

Slowly but surely getting through WK15. Okada is only 32, and I honestly think that guy is the best active wrestler on the planet. 
His match with Osprey was pretty damn good, and I love that they protect the rainmaker. 

Theirs a whole story behind his use of the rainmaker. He hasn't used it at all this year was a big deal

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Yeah, He was going for that money clip the whole time. 

Also, money clip is a dope submission. 

He was going for the rainmaker but kept failing. Sumtin sumtin sumtin confidence issues.... They never actly fleshed out that storyline. But more or less Rocky was right when he lost the title he went crazy, his confidence and identity had been tied up in being the champ. And so did his confidence with the rain maker. Then he decided he's a submission wizard and told people to fuck around and find out in g1

I didn’t watch wrestle kingdom cause as a whole I don’t care about NJPW. But I watched Cobb vs. Shingo since Shingo is one of my favorite wrestlers ever. 

That match was fucking insane. I loved it. I have never seen Shingo just dead weighted like he was against Cobb. 

still salty New Japan ended Shingo’s undefeated streak with Osprey though. But it’s mainly cause I think Osprey is a trash wrestler. Being able to do highly coordinated spots doesn’t make you a good wrestler. It just makes you a spot monkey. It’s why I hated Ricochet for the longest and why I hated Chikara as a company. 

Osprey needs to go to Dragon Gate so he can get the same treatment Ricochet did when he went to dragon gate. Which was basically everyone in the company telling him “You can do some really cool stuff. However your fundamentals are trash and you don’t really wrestle a match. You choreograph. So we’re gunna fix that” 

Oh, back to the actual match, while watching Cobb vs Shingo I heard commentary mention Shingo feuded with Minori Suzuki. Where can I watch those matches? 

Edited by iStu X
17 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I didn’t watch wrestle kingdom cause as a whole I don’t care about NJPW. But I watched Cobb vs. Shingo since Shingo is one of my favorite wrestlers ever. 

That match was fucking insane. I loved it. I have never seen Shingo just dead weighted like he was against Cobb. 

still salty New Japan ended Shingo’s undefeated streak with Osprey though. But it’s mainly cause I think Osprey is a trash wrestler. Being able to do highly coordinated spots doesn’t make you a good wrestler. It just makes you a spot monkey. It’s why I hated Ricochet for the longest and why I hated Chikara as a company. 

Osprey needs to go to Dragon Gate so he can get the same treatment Ricochet did when he went to dragon gate. Which was basically everyone in the company telling him “You can do some really cool stuff. However your fundamentals are trash and you don’t really wrestle a match. You choreograph. So we’re gunna fix that” 

Oh, back to the actual match, while watching Cobb vs Shingo I heard commentary mention Shingo feuded with Minori Suzuki. Where can I watch those matches? 

Most of 2020 was shingo vs Suzuki over the never openweight title.... That's who shingo won it off of. 

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

I have never seen Shingo just dead weighted like he was against Cobb. 

I’m watching the match right now and Cobb is that fuckin’ dude. 

He’s an absolute unit. Love it. 

the modified black tiger bomb/razor’s edge was a thing of beauty 

Edited by KingTubb
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

But it’s mainly cause I think Osprey is a trash wrestler. Being able to do highly coordinated spots doesn’t make you a good wrestler

DOUBLE POST! Did you watch Osprey/Okada? The kid has learned how to put on a slow burn heavyweight bout. It was a pretty good match. 

if you’re not interested 🤷🏻‍♀️ But he’s definitely progressed past spot monkey fight coordinator. 

I also think Okada could carry a broom to a decent match, but Osprey held his own. 

7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

DOUBLE POST! Did you watch Osprey/Okada? The kid has learned how to put on a slow burn heavyweight bout. It was a pretty good match. 

if you’re not interested 🤷🏻‍♀️ But he’s definitely progressed past spot monkey fight coordinator. 

I also think Okada could carry a broom to a decent match, but Osprey held his own. 

I mean, I wouldn’t really watch a match where I’m not interested in either wrestler. Okada bores me to tears. 

I don’t get why everyone thinks he’s gods gift to wrestling. 

Edited by iStu X