Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

Make it sound like a bad thing. 
 

we about to fight? 

So shotzi and ruby all day. I mean for me i love long hair ruby.

 

I love blooodsport but god damn it i want announcers who can actually call the ground game. Like i hate it when you have somebody like kevin kelly get lost in a submission trade.

 

But rhe gcw announcers cannot call that aspect at all. No knowledge of holds. How to get out of holds. Why a hold is effective. The danger of the 50/50 position.

 

I want to ask josh just one time if i could call matches if they do bloodsport here. Because i want to put over Santino being a top judoka. The king of pancrase. Why holds hurt...

 

Like when Corey gets to go all sports and calls dbry, joe, and gable matches all for it. Why riddle does not do more of that style i dunno. I guess the agents sold him as he is like rvd so riddle works like rvd main roster.

 

I hate it when announcers who know nothing of the submissions or striking try that.

 

I mean the best pure striker in wwe is now baron corbin according to cole 

 

I mean yeah that is why i like taz and excalibur on dark because they get all nice with the mma stuff.

 

 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, iStu X said:

Suicide Girls was my jam going up. And now-a-days it’s Burning Angels. I have a type man. What can I say. Lol

Preach brother. 

 

The current women wrestling would have destroyed me when I was younger. I watched mostly when it was blond, traditionally sexy women catfighting. Best thing that ever happened back then was Lita. At least in terms of anesthetics. Probably says a lot about match quality/booking that is all I remember. 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, odin said:

How’s her chain wrestling though? Can she tell the difference between a wrist lock and a wristwatch yet?

🤷🏾‍♂️ I doubt wwe would rehire her now if she was complete garbage. The women's landscapes changed alot, she'd stick out like a sore thumb if she's hot garbage. 

Link to comment
3 hours ago, OrochiJ said:

Has there been a pure babyface wrestler who never turned heel during his/her run? I was watching NXT and almost every male wrestler is a heel, like who the fuck am I rooting for?

 

And Shotzi can sit on my face after a sweaty gym workout any day.

They had a heel vs heel and face vs face match this week.

 

I think that heel turns in nxt are cheap. They turned gargano because people hated his superman booking. Hell this is his second heel run.

They turned ciampa then turned him back i guess for reasons.

 

Guys should not even be in nxt that long

Link to comment
31 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

They had a heel vs heel and face vs face match this week.

 

I think that heel turns in nxt are cheap. They turned gargano because people hated his superman booking. Hell this is his second heel run.

They turned ciampa then turned him back i guess for reasons.

 

Guys should not even be in nxt that long

Nxt is a brand now. You shouldn't think of it as people shouldn't be there long. 

 

They turned ciampa back because Johnny was heel. They wanted to finish this dumb ass long storyline between the two. I get it... They've been building it up and things happened to get in the way. I respect triple h for committing to an actual finish. 

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Nxt is a brand now. You shouldn't think of it as people shouldn't be there long. 

 

They turned ciampa back because Johnny was heel. They wanted to finish this dumb ass long storyline between the two. I get it... They've been building it up and things happened to get in the way. I respect triple h for committing to an actual finish. 

They haven’t explained why Ciampa is all grumpy though. 
 

NXT desperately needs clear and definitive baby faces as not ones that are comedy tag teams like Drake/Big Damo and Breezango. 
 

Pretty much every wrestler on NXT’s roster is tweener that leans into heel or just flat out heel. the match qualities can be as amazing as they want but it doesn’t matter if the story lines suck. 
 

All the storylines lately have sucked. 
 

Self edit cause I didn’t know where to add it: the only clear faces aside the comedy ones  I mentioned I can think of who are regularly featured are Shotzi and Swerve. Oh and Rhea I guess, but I have a feeling she’ll turn heel too. 

 

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, iStu X said:

They haven’t explained why Ciampa is all grumpy though. 
 

NXT desperately needs clear and definitive baby faces as not ones that are comedy tag teams like Drake/Big Damo and Breezango. 
 

Pretty much every wrestler on NXT’s roster is tweener that leans into heel or just flat out heel. the match qualities can be as amazing as they want but it doesn’t matter if the story lines suck. 
 

All the storylines lately have sucked. 
 

Self edit cause I didn’t know where to add it: the only clear faces aside the comedy ones I mentioned I can think of are Shotzi and Swerve

 

Kushida is still a baby face to me. Even if he's aggressive.. Unless he did something diff tonight. 

 

Bronson also comes off as a face.  As well as Kacy is Uber baby face. 

Edited by Maxx
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Kushida is still a baby face to me. Even if he's aggressive.. Unless he did something diff tonight. 

 

Bronson also comes off as a face.  As well as Kacy is Uber baby face. 

I mean, anyone who’s trying to orochi stretch a pedophile is a face to me. 
 

bronson and kacy have barely been featured but I agree with both statements. Bronson was likely going to be Kross’s first feud as champ and while I’m not glad he’s injured I’m glad he’s not champ anymore. 
 

With Kacy I just have a feeling she’ll be a lifer in NXT and be relegated to rumble spots every year. They honestly need to turn her into the female Jack Evans. Just without the constantly dying for our sins. 
 

Theyre slow burning Priest into being their top baby face. Every match they’re subtly showing he’s learning more and more about what it means to be a champion and how heavy that belt is around the champions waist. I don’t really like Priest but I love what they’re doing with him. 
 

I still believe KOR is going to break away from The Era and get a white meat baby face run as champ. He’ll likely be a long term champ until Priest is ready for the strap. While I don’t think recreating Future Shock will happen I also can’t think of anyone else who would also break away to help Kyle.

 

While apart of the Era, Fish and Strong have arguably been the most relentless. Kyle or Cole haven’t been unless it’s to provoked or to defend another member the Era. 

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Dynamite actually sounds pretty good from last night.  

 

NXT is still trying to find their go-to face after Keith Lee left.  I think it's fair to say that Finn Balor is the top babyface now.  

Only he's kinda not because he's maintaining his heel persona. He was the heel in his title defense against Kyle O Riley on Takeover.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Only he's kinda not because he's maintaining his heel persona. He was the heel in his title defense against Kyle O Riley on Takeover.

Last I checked the Era were still antagonists unless that changed with the Pat McAfee feud.  The way Finn was presented at the last defense sure felt like a babyface and especially the aftermath with his jaw being broken.  You can contrast that with when Karrion Kross relinquished the belt and still the same grouchy murderer he's always been.

 

I should also add that the Real Rock n Rolla persona isn't necessarily JUST for being a heel.  Otherwise we have to pretend that Edge being a face at the end of his first main run and this year prior to injury doesn't mean he's the Rated R Superstar (which he clearly is).  Same with Miz being the A-lister when he was a face on Smackdown prior to Jomo's return, or Drew somehow being a different character than what he is now when he turned face prior to his current main event status.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Link to comment

I did NOT know The Alpha Male was this good at promos, just watched a compilation of some of his work. He somehow makes the paranoid gimmick both deadly and comedic at the same time. He definitely needs to come back as a manager or even a one off match. WWE dropped the ball big time with him

 

I'd love to see Big E take after him, and that Pounce would be a dope secondary finisher for Big E too. E actually has alot in common with Monty now that I've had time to compare

Edited by HD-Man
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I did NOT know The Alpha Male was this good at promos, just watched a compilation of some of his work. He somehow makes the paranoid gimmick both deadly and comedic at the same time. He definitely needs to come back as a manager or even a one off match. WWE dropped the ball big time with him

 

I'd love to see Big E take after him, and that Pounce would be a dope secondary finisher for Big E too. E actually has alot in common with Monty now that I've had time to compare

Monty left voluntarily to care for his sister's family after she passed when he was in ECW.  Otherwise he probably would have been who dethroned Punk as ECW champ instead of Chavo.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Monty left voluntarily to care for his sister's family after she passed when he was in ECW.  Otherwise he probably would have been who dethroned Punk as ECW champ instead of Chavo.  

Ah didn't know that. I def respect that decision, family. 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, iStu X said:

They haven’t explained why Ciampa is all grumpy though. 
 

NXT desperately needs clear and definitive baby faces as not ones that are comedy tag teams like Drake/Big Damo and Breezango. 
 

Pretty much every wrestler on NXT’s roster is tweener that leans into heel or just flat out heel. the match qualities can be as amazing as they want but it doesn’t matter if the story lines suck. 
 

All the storylines lately have sucked. 
 

Self edit cause I didn’t know where to add it: the only clear faces aside the comedy ones  I mentioned I can think of who are regularly featured are Shotzi and Swerve. Oh and Rhea I guess, but I have a feeling she’ll turn heel too. 

 

The only good part of nxt is the women 

I hope Raquel beats rhea. I am excited for toni vs io. And i am down for more toni vs rhea. I am whatever to candice because she is solid. Shotzi will get my axe because flip. Then we got ember too and whenever kay lee ray, piper, and that indian girl get sent to the states 

 

If Naito loses it makes evil vs sanada the final. Because in a tie with a sanada win he would have wins over evil and naito breaking the tie.

 

Also i see bullet club shit happening with Kenta as in either jado, god, or even jay white get involved to give him the win over naito making that the december title match

 

Okada wins block b. I think a Ospreay win over Okada should be at sakura genesis or dontakku moreso than here. 

 

I think Evil will screw Jay over. Whether or not he is in the final.

 

I think okada vs sanada is the final with a sanada win

Edited by DrLariat
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select