Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 hour ago, iStu X said:

šŸ’¤ šŸ’¤ šŸ’¤Ā 

(Iā€™m only have joking. Iā€™m just at a point where wrestling is more frustrating to pay attention to than enjoyable. Idk why I even watch it anymore tbh)

This is how I felt about WWE from 2010-2018. Iā€™m super sour on them because I feel like a battered housewife after all those years hahaha Then the billionaire indie promotion showed up and I love wrestling again.Ā 

Ā 

But I tell you what, once I stopped watching WWEĀ two years ago, I was less upset at life.Ā 
Ā 

If all of this only bores and frustrates you, maybe it is time to let go of wrestling.Ā 

19 minutes ago, scorp said:

Ā 

Ā 

If all of this only bores and frustrates you, maybe it is time to let go of wrestling.Ā 

Probably. HBK has ruined NXT. Outside of Roman, main roster is a joke (oh god what did I just say), I refuse to support AEW since itā€™s petulant children playing e-fed. And anywhere else there just isnā€™t enough that interests me to pay attention to them.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

15 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Probably. HBK has ruined NXT. Outside of Roman, main roster is a joke (oh god what did I just say), I refuse to support AEW since itā€™s petulant children playing e-fed. And anywhere else there just isnā€™t enough that interests me to pay attention to them.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Yea... Sounds like there isnā€™t anything to feed your need for wrestling anymore.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™d just quit it if you are certain of it. Otherwise you will end up like me, a divorcee that canā€™t stop talking shit about his ex cause I feel she has done me so much anguish lolll

The Alliance to End Wwe is finally gathered, although I figured something was in the works given how long Mox was in NJPW while AEW was getting off the ground.

Ā 

I saw that Edge was planning to challenge for the NXT Title.Ā  If by some chance that's not a swerve,Ā while I can appreciate the effort to make the NXT title worth more now that NXT is on network TV, I think it would be a waste.

Ā 

Like imagine how insulting it would be if Big E's NXT reign is considered a world title and Triple H when put to task about diversity of main eventers he points to that reign. WWE would rightfully so be raked over the coals.

Edited by Psychoblue
1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Bruh AEW must be giving NJPW some serious cash then. If they're willing to have their newest title change hands at another promotions event without it being a complete cross promotion event, that's wack

I mean the kind of news I heard is that Capcom is selling the rights to DMC to SNK to make DMC v SNK. I was like "??"Ā 

Ā 

I could just be entirely wrong, but you best believe I'm not taking the blame for this.

2 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Finally something that will help the womenā€™s division and makes me interested. Meanwhile WWE is more Charlotte bleh.

Yes and no. They Def fucked over some of the aew women which is very interesting to me.Ā  Like they have enough aew women to run a tournament solely for the USA side. It's very fucking odd they felt they needed joshis

Edited by Maxx
7 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Ā 

I saw that Edge was planning to challenge for the NXT Title.Ā  If by some chance that's not a swerve,Ā while I can appreciate the effort to make the NXT title worth more now that NXT is on network TV, I think it would be a waste

They opened that door last year when Charlotte used her Rumble win to challenge for the NXT title.Ā 

3 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

They opened that door last year when Charlotte used her Rumble win to challenge for the NXT title.Ā 

I completely forgot she won the Rumble for that opportunity.Ā  I remember the match pretty well mostly for Charlotte and Rhea moaning to a nonexistent crowd while the ref said stuff like "pull out pull out" to make the situation even funnier.

Ā 

Anyway, fair point.

Found out through the company that my wife works for that there's a Wrestlefest about 30 minutes away in a small town called Carthage on the 27th. Teddy Long is listed as the guest of honor, other notable guests include Mark Henry, Davey Boy Smith Jr. and fucking Mil Muertes.Ā 

Bruh, if I wasn't so burned out on wrestling; I'd go to this shit.Ā 

here's the site:Ā https://www.eventbrite.com/e/swe-fury-east-texas-wrestlefest-tickets-135957148491

P.S. Melina listed as a guest? BRUHHHHHHHHH

Kushida should have won off the top rope armbar. Match went on too long. Real shame though, I like the continuity of the match otherwise working over the arm.

Ā 

Cornette was epic talking about the Itoh interaction last week.Ā  Laughed until my stomach hurt as he narrated her wiki.Ā  He also says it's racist to assume every Japanese wrestler is good at wrestling, and compared it to thinking all Asians are good at math or know kung fu.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Psychoblue
56 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Kushida should have won off the top rope armbar. Match went on too long. Real shame though, I like the continuity of the match otherwise working over the arm.

Ā 

Cornette was epic talking about the Itoh interaction last week.Ā  Laughed until my stomach hurt as he narrated her wiki.Ā  He also says it's racist to assume every Japanese wrestler is good at wrestling, and compared it to thinking all Asians are good at math or know kung fu.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The Stan Lane vĆ­deo had me dying.

Ā When I first heard of this I said the same thing: after the crap Impact pulled with Ethan Page regarding angles and them lying to him after the fact on how it was going to play out, Sammy G probably put the ixnay on whatever Impact wanted thinking he was high enough in the AEW pecking order to have creative say-so and not being afraid to say it was dumb.Ā  Given some of the lunacy he's been involved in, the Impact angle must have been wild.Ā Ā 

Edited by Psychoblue
50 minutes ago, scorp said:

Iā€™m so surprised the person to post Cucknette here is Psychoblue lol

Cornette is fantastic, everything he says is hard truth with tact levels fluctuating wildly.Ā  I went over this months ago when I first got here.

Ā 

Also anyone who believes the cuck story is a sucker.Ā  Why would you groom a 38 year old?

Edited by Psychoblue
1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

Cornette is fantastic, everything he says is hard truth with tact levels fluctuating wildly.Ā  I went over this months ago when I first got here.

Ā 

Also anyone who believes the cuck story is a sucker.Ā  Why would you groom a 38 year old?

Admittedly Cornette is right a lot of the time he has no idea how the modern world works. His mindset is still stuck 70s and mid 80s. He would pass over a lot of talented people over some arbitrary bullshit. Like how he preferred if Lio Rush stayed a manager and not be wrestler.