Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

9 hours ago, scorp said:

Agreed. Please stop.

Also agreed. Nightmare Family sucks... Until QT goes heel.

QT being butthurt about a wife being loyal to her husband made him heel

Do not get why britt lost to nyla. Makes no sense and both are heels so wtf

AEW has so many good hosses. I wonder why they are all booked to lose.

I want to see Miro win the tnt title in a squash 

That mans looking like 97 Lex Luger atm

There are so many better choices for the tnt title. Mjf. Fenix. Penta. Kingston. Archer. Miro. OC. 

Why darby

Edited by DrLariat
8 hours ago, DrLariat said:

AEW has so many good hosses. I wonder why they are all booked to lose.

I want to see Miro win the tnt title in a squash 

That mans looking like 97 Lex Luger atm

The Bucks have a Napoleon complex.  That’s about all there is to it.  After years of being told they’re too small and too choreographed to a point they’re the Desk of wrestling, they now book where smalls > bigs.  They want giant punching bags.  

It really hit me when Archer faced Rey last night.  He didn’t get squashed in the literal sense but it really made him look like a goof when Rey was under no pressure to overwhelm him when it should be that big guy getting chopped down like a MonHun target being tenderized until the weak point is exploited.  Lance won, but it didn't seem like a small v big match, felt more like two guys completely even so Lance Archer might as well have been Tony Nese.

This is my fave small vs big ever.  

Edited by Psychoblue
31 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Does Yuji Nagata count as small? The dude is like 230-240 and 6 foot. 

This is more Big vs 'Uge if you as me lol 

Any smaller and we run into the problem with Rey's late 2000s WWE run where he was constantly put over as the ultimate underdog and then made dudes literally twice his size look stupid LOL

14 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Any smaller and we run into the problem with Rey's late 2000s WWE run where he was constantly put over as the ultimate underdog and then made dudes literally twice his size look stupid LOL

I loved that run. He has having great matches and great feuds. They had to make up for that god awful world title run having him job to everyone. 

4 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

The Bucks have a Napoleon complex.  That’s about all there is to it.  After years of being told they’re too small and too choreographed to a point they’re the Desk of wrestling, they now book where smalls > bigs.  They want giant punching bags.  

It really hit me when Archer faced Rey last night.  He didn’t get squashed in the literal sense but it really made him look like a goof when Rey was under no pressure to overwhelm him when it should be that big guy getting chopped down like a MonHun target being tenderized until the weak point is exploited.  Lance won, but it didn't seem like a small v big match, felt more like two guys completely even so Lance Archer might as well have been Tony Nese.

This is my fave small vs big ever.  

Also Albert in japan is a godly run. If they had the ic belt back when he was running he would have won it. Albert is so underrated and one of my faves. Him and Jamal both ran hot in japan. Yuji is one of the GoATs so of course they would pull that off.

Matches like brock vs eddie/aj/balor/dbry/benoit/rey are perfectly booked  the way matches between guys of a certain size.

I liked rey not backing down because of his temper and not being afraid of anybody. Cero Miedo. And all that. You can be brave and not back down, but a big guy has to be worn down and it was a 50/50 match when really you can have rey weather a storm but work the legs and overwhelm with his top speed moves.

I mean we had Hager squash cutler, it means nothing really since hager already jobbed to moxley and cody.

I mean everyone is built up to lose to those 2 really.

I also really hate Jungle Boy kicking out of everything gargano style

Bucks and cody take a project and book them like super heroes.

Darby gets exposed by speakingout and gets a title push. 

Edited by DrLariat
1 minute ago, Hawkingbird said:

I loved that run. He has having great matches and great feuds. They had to make up for that god awful world title run having him job to everyone. 

I didn't appreciate it until he had that brief feud with Undertaker over the world title.  The promo he had the Smackdown before that match was one of his absolute best.

That was around the time he had begun to accept the sail wasn't in his wings like before so his style leaned more into Tajiri-esque high impact stuff.  It made for much better matches than the period I was referring to.  

16 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I didn't appreciate it until he had that brief feud with Undertaker over the world title.  The promo he had the Smackdown before that match was one of his absolute best.

That was around the time he had begun to accept the sail wasn't in his wings like before so his style leaned more into Tajiri-esque high impact stuff.  It made for much better matches than the period I was referring to.  

Those undertaker vs rey and kane vs rey and swagger vs rey

Yeah those are all examples of dope small vs big man matches

A crappy example was demon finn vs bobby lashley. Where bobby got squashed

Also aew has no heavyweight tag teams outside of bear country and thoee are two fat guys. The only other biggish guys are ftr but they are mids. The Good Brothers are just guests

I hope harry smith rejoins archer and they tear up everyone

AoP is a no brainer signing get those two called up to be the big guys. But ever since the bucks took over booking of the tag division with their weird heel turn. We got singles guys as a tag team being booked as the best tag team. We have nonsense like the bucks being this super team. They book themselves like cornette booked the rock n roll express in smw 

But at this point we can all agree that the bucks suck as main guys and they suck as faces. And they suck at promos. And booking. They have good matches. But not great ones. 

I guess we are waiting for AoP to both be healed up and head over to njpw or aew with ellering

Hiromu is out 6 months for a shoulder injury.

I was getting hype for his njc run and the ibushi match.

Hiromu are out of castle attack

So i keep seeing this argument for marty scurl of "she was legal what he did was not that bad"

So the girl in question was training under marty since she was 14 and he was grooming her since before then. In the uk i think 18 i legal pub age. But she was underaged in a bar getting drunk with marty supplying her with drink and flirting. Eventually cornering her into a restroom and shoving dick in her mouth while fingering her.

She was drunk. She was underaged drunk. And marty was grooming her 

Just because 16 is legal does not make what he did right. Plus marty Was called a nonce by the crowd because he was always trolling teenagers for trill. Nonce is slang for pedo.

Yet you got weirdos defending what he did as a lapse of judgement and that njpw should book him.

Edited by DrLariat
25 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Hurt Business should be multibrand

I mean apollo and swerve would fit in like perfect 

We don't need every black dude in Hurt Business lol

But Keith Lee would be a good fit when he goes heel tho, and lead to him and Lashley feuding over leadership 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

We don't need every black dude in Hurt Business lol

But Keith Lee would be a good fit when he goes heel tho, and lead to him and Lashley feuding over leadership 

I am just saying swerve should replace cedric

Or just throw in somebody like pete dunne for that owen

Edited by DrLariat
8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

dont need the accent. 

Agreed. Hope that accent was just him imitating his grandfather. His regular way of speaking is just fine

.....unless they're gonna inverse King Booker T it where his accent comes out when he's pissed 😂

Edited by HD-Man
1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Agreed. Hope that accent was just him imitating his grandfather. His regular way of speaking is just fine

.....unless they're gonna inverse King Booker T it where his accent comes out when he's pissed 😂

I mean he came here from africa

Coming 2 america

I loved ajpw in the oughts. Umaga was always dope

I was telling someone about Emi Sakura's apartment house wrestling and we then imagined a montage of legendary wrestlers like Bruno, Koloff, Flair, Rock etc and then it wraps up with one of the joshi softcore scenes, with the narrator being as dropdead serious as possible talking about these true icons of the sprot, and we couldn't stop laughing.  I cramped what felt like a lung laughing so hard.  

Retromania is mad iffy so far. I saw the "mash buttons" prompt from 90s arcade games and immediately feared that whoever won lockups was decided by who mashed the hardest, and tested that theory by setting my Hori to Turbo. Now I'm squashing everyone in the lockup. Oh well, the pixel art is impressive at least.

Edited by Psychoblue
55 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Wrestlefest is a masher so...

But does Wrestlefest have Dave Meltzer leveraging bookings over his star rating?  spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

He says this but Japan has booked the likes of Raja Lion, the Great Antonio, sex dolls and the aforementioned Gatoh Move softcore.  Also Dave once gave a seven minute Sheepherders (AKA the Bushwhackers) match that went to a no contest five stars but couldn't be assed to rank something like Big Show v Lesnar from SvS 2002, a match that had a definitive ending and largely considered one of the best short matches ever, any kind of ranking.  

7 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

But does Wrestlefest have Dave Meltzer leveraging bookings over his star rating?  spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

He says this but Japan has booked the likes of Raja Lion, the Great Antonio, sex dolls and the aforementioned Gatoh Move softcore.  Also Dave once gave a seven minute Sheepherders (AKA the Bushwhackers) match that went to a no contest five stars but couldn't be assed to rank something like Big Show v Lesnar from SvS 2002, a match that had a definitive ending and largely considered one of the best short matches ever, any kind of ranking.  

See that is some bullshit. I also hate the character portraits

I spent so much time at the arcades on wrestlefest. The wwe rehashed one was okay. Without the wwe license this is ass. They need caw and they need to give the sprited for the entire wrestlefest roster

5 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

So I looked at the WON awards since I kept seeing people be in an uproar over it. Honestly the one that I was kind of miffed with the YB book being over Andre the Giants. 

As I told you on Discord, while I accepted that Dave was gonna be all over AEW's nuts, the Feud of the Year was where I called bullshit along with Best Book.  Mox v Kingston was only like 3 weeks tops and even if you wanted to ignore Sasha vs Bayley, Orton v Edge and Roman v Jey, you still had much better options with Mox v Jericho.  

23 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Who hates Braun Stroman in management? Dude stay losing or being put in shit angles

Dude showed his ass on social media and given how much WWE has been cracking down on social media the last few months, they told him "shitpost at your own peril" and he didn't listen.  

Of course because he's fucking huge, assuming he doesn't go full Ryback I think he'll back back on the "start" on his "start-stop" pushes soon enough.  

3 hours ago, iStu X said:

I mean, Lashley has been on a tear since joining MVP. But Damn, I hate they buried Miz just to keep Drew protected 

See they buried miz and drew and fucked sheamus over

Hell i feel like Drew loses to Lashley and brock challenges bobby after the match at fast lane 

Giving us brock vs bobby while drew ends up doing the match with triple h