Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Their are lots of good stuff in nxt. You wildin for no reason. The best part may be the women but their is alooot of good jn nxt

The only good sensical booking is with the women.

The tag division could be much more than it is. But grizzled young vets and webster/andrews are stuck in the uk. I would really get behind a Lorcan/burch heel tag run and imperium is still good. Legado Del Phantasma does have legs.

I think the fact so many guys are directionless and are rehashing feuds bores me.

I hope the next guy for Balor is walter

1 hour ago, DrLariat said:

The only good sensical booking is with the women.

The tag division could be much more than it is. But grizzled young vets and webster/andrews are stuck in the uk. I would really get behind a Lorcan/burch heel tag run and imperium is still good. Legado Del Phantasma does have legs.

I think the fact so many guys are directionless and are rehashing feuds bores me.

I hope the next guy for Balor is walter

Who's in a rehash fued? If anything some people started fueds and some are still not done. 

Edited by Maxx

Extending feuds past the expiration date has been the trope in all three shows this year. You can place partial blame on the pandemic but Corbin/Reigns went on for almost a whole damn year prior to that.

I’ve liked what they’ve been doing with the NXT women but I feel more emphasis needs to be put on the women’s tag and build that up to help. As for the men it’s difficult I think some matches need to be shortened and have more interesting segments, for as much as Grimes isn’t well liked on here he at least bring some personality on the mic something others are lacking.

Edited by Grimmjow316
4 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Extending feuds past the expiration date has been the trope in all three shows this year. You can place partial blame on the pandemic but Corbin/Reigns went on for almost a whole damn year prior to that.

I’ve liked what they’ve been doing with the NXT women but I feel more emphasis needs to be put on the women’s tag and build that up to help. As for the men it’s difficult I think some matches need to be shortened and have more interesting segments, for as much as Grimes isn’t well liked on here he at least bring some personality on the mic something others are lacking.

With balor main roster at least him and corbin got wrapped into an everlasting feud against each other

Edited by DrLariat

So can we get Legado del Fantasma vs. Swerve and friends as a war games match next month? Cause that’s what it feels like it’s building towards

Edit: I really hate Drake now. They relegated him back to a comedy character for no reason. 

xia li now with BOA. That’s cool I guess. 

poor Bartel and Aichner. They’re still stuck in the states. 

seriousky. Fuck Maverick/Dain pair up. The worst part is that by the end of the year or at the latest royal rumble they’ll give them the straps and push them to the moon. Because Hardy har har it’s funny! 

Edited by iStu X
1 minute ago, odin said:

Let's be real.... They were never going to make it good.

I have no idea who was in charge. I can't tell if it was shane or a hunch of the wwe writers. So it really depends on who's idea it was and who was in charge of it. 

It should have been more shoot based. Had an actual goal or a new title. Their should have been more of a focus on using the mma influenced people tk give it some validity. I would have use it to promote nxt guys who have mma backgrounds. Helped put main stream eyes on them for a bigger call up to raw later on. 

It should have been used as a character builder. As well as used to develop maybe Hoss dudes as well 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I have no idea who was in charge. I can't tell if it was shane or a hunch of the wwe writers. So it really depends on who's idea it was and who was in charge of it. 

It should have been more shoot based. Had an actual goal or a new title. Their should have been more of a focus on using the mma influenced people tk give it some validity. I would have use it to promote nxt guys who have mma backgrounds. Helped put main stream eyes on them for a bigger call up to raw later on. 

It should have been used as a character builder. As well as used to develop maybe Hoss dudes as well 

I feel you maxx.

Plenty of failed WWE angles end in "could have should have" haha

Probably why I haven't been emotionally/mentally invested in WWE for a few years now. 

Can't be disappointed if you don't care.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

Meh they aren't allowed to make noise really. So it's w.e. 

Nah they applaud it is like puro in the nineties. Applauds and all that. I also like seeing people enjoy the show

Instead of wrestlers kind of faking interest

Raw underground ended with braun and dolph beating the two guys they pushed

Honestly i would have dabo and tall ninja team 

Edited by DrLariat

Having caught up the last few weeklies I think you guys are overthinking it on NXT.  There are parts it can improve on like a deeper main event pool or at least a less reinforced ceiling between the main event and the midcard, but apart from the matches being OK the angles seem pretty easy to understand.  I enjoy NXT because the storylines are generally easy to get in terms of their importance in the title pictures.

Mark 

It would be a fucking trip and we would be ffl dudes 

What i like about smackdown is brother love has easy to follow storylines with sensical follow ups and finishes.

Why does this not translate ever to raw 

Bayley went heel and never wants to go back

Reigns came back to claim his throne and fuck this evil clown shit 

They are building Big E into a main event level guy. Have given the ic title to a prick like sami 

And the street profits have some guys to feud with i guess now with dolbob, shin/big dick toni, um...shit

Why did they split heavy machinery and put miz and morrison on raw?

Edited by DrLariat

I’m watching NXT UK

* I’m even more convinced about Cruiserweight Wargames happening now that Devlin is back. 
* Trent Seven talking about his career like it’s over when he isn’t even 40 is irritating 

* Dunne slimmed down A LOT

* Main event didn’t need a crowd clapping due to all of the thigh slaps 

* Dragunov no selling the half Nelson suplex from Walter is some hooooorse shit. I actually enjoyed the match right until the finish where that happened 

Edited by iStu X

Ilja's indie gimmick is no selling big moves

Irritating. I hate gargano and ciampa for doing the same thing. These small guys should stop that they are not taz level.

For the g1 final i am going Sanada vs Ibushi

Mostly because evil earned a tie breaker title shot 

So rush and dragon lee have roh contracts that expire in december.

They are currently the tv and world champions. Odds of them going to WWE and andrade gets a real los ingobernables stable become higher 

Edited by DrLariat
3 hours ago, iStu X said:

That’s just indie wrestling and a lot of big matches in general. It’s dumb as shit. It’s not as bad as kicking out of a burning hammer or emerald flowsion but it still pissed me the fuck off 

Another thing I hate about AEW and NXT. 
That shit really kills my kayfabe. 

1 hour ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Edit: Seth probably had talks with Ben and it’s the best move for him 

I mean dude in uk with his hook up he gets go work in nxt uk

I think good for him

It kind of is irksome of 00s indies was the use of head drop puro finishing moves as mid match moves to set up a shitty finish

At least homicide's vertebreaker put dudes down. I expect darby to kick out of a vertebreaker and 3 cross rhodes

Edited by DrLariat

Wonder how stakes for naito and ibushi get raised. Super destino to the outside

https://streamable.com/830jx7

Jay best heel in wrestling 

Strowman on raw will end up with this proud boy gimmick feuding with hurt business. Strowman went bald and like samson lost his powers 

That 2.9 was the cleanest close fall i have seen since ever. Ibushi and Sanada worked a very smart match. Like what kevin kelly said ibushi working the style of his opponents this g1

Edited by DrLariat

Nah jay white a wwe mark. From the style and psychology he is triple h reborn

With dude living in florida. I think anothee year in njpw then he might give wwe a shot. Like i see dude as a top wrestlemania level main event guy

He also got nakamura and tanahashi, and aspects of JBL character trait wise

Edited by DrLariat
2 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Nah jay white a wwe mark. From the style and psychology he is triple h reborn

With dude living in florida. I think anothee year in njpw then he might give wwe a shot. Like i see dude as a top wrestlemania level main event guy

He also got nakamura and tanahashi, and aspects of JBL character trait wise

I don't think he's as big of a mark as you think. Listening to his interview worth Jericho. Jay is very much a product of njpw dojo

Just now, Maxx said:

I don't think he's as big of a mark as you think. Listening to his interview worth Jericho. Jay is very much a product of njpw dojo

His goal was to be in wwe. But his shot into wrestling was doing indies in uk until Balor saw him. Got him hooked up with Fale. 

Like dude only been at this for 7 years. Him being this good is crazy