Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

I don't even think it's fans. I've noticed how people talk within the wrestling community and they give me strong 4chan troll vibes. Look on Twitter and most have fake pictures.. And prob trollish accounts. I don't think they are really fans of prowrestling. 

They are definitely fans. They are shit stains that inhabit every community. 

Dawg lmfaooooo 

According to Paul Wight, the original plan for a SummerSlam main event a few years back was a six-man tag featuring The Wyatt Family vs John Cena, The Big Show, and Justin Bieber.

Bieber was apparently entirely onboard and ready to promote. Someone higher up eventually decided that he wouldn't translate to their audience and plans were scrapped.

Considering the business they've been doing with Bad Bunny recently...having Despacito-era Justin Bieber potentially choke-slammed on your PPV would've just produced a stupid amount of money.

12 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

"Double S" Shawn Spears...because there weren't enough public alt-righters on AEW Dynamite as is.  

Even though he isn't an alt-righter, they exist everywhere in wrestling. Because wrestlers are usually really stupid people to begin with lol

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

Or he can come in with Zelina and be used properly. 🤷🏻‍♂️

In AEW? That's the real joke.  

The card is crowded enough as is with guys that they've pushed and thrown away with almost Reign of Terror quickness, and lately they've been attemtping to rehab some of them like Archer.  If he wants the bag Tony will likely throw at him, awesome, but I can't imagine his spot on the card being much higher than what it was in WWE before he left for his honeymoon.  Best he could hope for is an occasional main event like he had in NXT.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, Psychoblue said:

In AEW? That's the real joke.  

This is how I know Cornette has infested your brain to the point of no return 😂

I'm sure Corny is fuming over the whole Kip/Pen/Miro thing for weeks now, of course it's the first thing you mention.

Brainwashed to the extreme.

4 minutes ago, scorp said:

This is how I know Cornette has infested your brain to the point of no return 😂

I'm sure Corny is fuming over the whole Kip/Pen/Miro thing for weeks now, of course it's the first thing you mention.

Brainwashed to the extreme.

my thoughts are my own, you're the one following the owner of two bottom tier sports franchises who are bottom tier because of said owner's direct meddling.

I only followed Jim because he was the only one who echoed any of my misgivings about FyterFest when I was there, albeit far louder would have said at the time.

Also the idea that Miro or Penelope won any of those feuds is laughable too.  I bet you think Jim was actually grooming randos in OVW long after he had any pull in the business too.  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

my thoughts are my own, you're the one following the owner of two bottom tier sports franchises who are bottom tier because of said owner's direct meddling.

lol Wtf do I care about his sports franchises? His wrestling company entertains me. It's PWG/Chikara with an unlimited budget and I'm all for that.

3 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I only followed Jim because he was the only one who echoed any of my misgivings about FyterFest when I was there, albeit far louder would have said at the time.

And it seems like you crave the vitriol he spews each week. To the point where you truly believe AEW sucks and has no redeemable qualities. But that's fine, it's not for everyone. But imagine thinking Andrade would rather sit in catering then come to the 2nd largest wrestling promotion in the USA.

1 minute ago, scorp said:

lol Wtf do I care about his sports franchises? His wrestling company entertains me. It's PWG/Chikara with an unlimited budget and I'm all for that.

And it seems like you crave the vitriol he spews each week. To the point where you truly believe AEW sucks and has no redeemable qualities. But that's fine, it's not for everyone. But imagine thinking Andrade would rather sit in catering then come to the 2nd largest wrestling promotion in the USA.

My thoughts are my own, I would have said these things even if he wasn't.  Hawkingbird and DrLariat can tell you that just based on what I'd talk about on SRK on this topic.

I'm flattered you think so much about me when I post.  I had to take care of some things the last week or so but I'll be sure to post more.  

Edited by Psychoblue
3 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I'm flattered you think so much about me when I post.

You did that to yourself. I mean... All your posts are anti-AEW, so of course I'm going to refute your terrible takes.

More proof that Cornette has nested in your brain permanently.

Edited by scorp
13 minutes ago, scorp said:

You did that to yourself. I mean... All your posts are anti-AEW, so of course I'm going to refute your terrible takes.

But my takes are always objective.  Just because takes are popular doesn't mean they're objective.

And I prove time and time again why they're right by giving backing examples to what I talk about.

We've had people think Lebron is better than MJ.

We've had people think Kaep is a terrorist.

We've had people think being racist is socially acceptable.

I'll always shoot straight even if people haven't yet seen the light of it, because if I just went with what everyone else said regardless if it was right or not I'd be lacking integrity.

The only way I'll stop that is if I just get banned from here.

Edited by Psychoblue
24 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Also the idea that Miro or Penelope won any of those feuds is laughable too.  I bet you think Jim was actually grooming randos in OVW long after he had any pull in the business too.  

Jim has a hard time owning up to the fucked up things he says. It's ok for him to call Penelope a slut but Penelope says he can't satisfy his wife and that's why he's a cuck is apparently hitting below the belt.

19 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

But my takes are always objective.  Just because takes are popular doesn't mean they're objective.

lol Glad you changed that from "right".

Anyway, you aren't a bad dude, I just think the AEW shit is blown out of proportion. 

Edited by scorp
Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Jim has a hard time owning up to the fucked up things he says. It's ok for him to call Penelope a slut but Penelope says he can't satisfy his wife and that's why he's a cuck is apparently hitting below the belt.

I heard that original rant, it sounded more like he was referring to Penelope's kayfabe character during the clip that Miro and friends were mad about, but he apologized later as his moderator added he used that term too freely.  

Jim also challenged them to be more vocal about how many of their colleagues still talk to and were even going to work alongside Joey Ryan before his show got exposed again a couple weeks back, if they were really about pushing women's equality rather than yell at some fired manager and podcaster to get attention.  

Just now, Psychoblue said:

Look at the second one and tell me what’s missing.  

I get it's the mask, not gonna hate because I have no idea at what period this Picture is taken. If it's post workout, or she has it in her hand. Trust me I'm usually the first to roast for mask shit but I don't have enough info especially since they are inside. 

I don't know what the procedures are once you get inside.

Isn't the first pic from awhile ago, judging by her hair and lack of tattoos?

And the second pic looks like it's at the PC at the gym? 

Like a picture isn't telling us all that much. If she's at the PC in the second pic, it's up to them to enforce masks, so no harm no foul on Rhea imho 

And like maxx said, she could have the mask in her hand, could of been rapid tested that day, etc.

There's not enough context here to say that this is why the PC is having an outbreak

Edited by KingTubb

Since a lot of comments have flown I’ll just tag you guys on it.

@scorpI would have to agree with @Psychoblue on Andrade I would love for him to be in a bigger star in the US but I feel personally he would be better served with going to Japan for a bit to get the WWE style out of him. AEW has way too many start, stop pushes for my taste that I would prefer some solid direction if not guys will go the route of OC who they pushed heavy during the pandemic (bad idea) only to be in a boring ass feud with Miro and pals.

Also I listen to Cornette and agree with some of the things he says like how they should have just brought over Dynasty instead of building a semi random group for MJF to lead (Shawn Spears pfft.) I hate his takes on women’s wresting where’s he’s out of touch on most definitely.

What I said was half in jest but wear your mask all the same, especially if you're in Florida.  

WM tickets went on sale today but I'm already committed to watching the Suns game next month that same weekend, so oh well.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoUxV7F6P5hHUG1-mSJYwzw/    A longtime friend of mine from TZ just opened up a YT channel, lot of wrestling discussions specifically about AEW if you're about that life.  

He had a Top 10 wrestlers video but it looks like that was taken down.  I actually wrote down my Top 10 and it was way harder than I expected since i have such a high respect for the craft and people who can do it correctly ("correctly" being being able to get so much hype out of doing so little) and some of my favorites as a kid not really getting enough exposure after that period to have great matches i.e. Crush.  

10) The Big Show - for a guy known mostly for his size, he seems to be able to play almost any role he's given. Face, heel, chickenshit, monster, enforcer, badass, clown. Also his matches has some classics. Big Show v Brock from SvS might be the best short match ever. It's criminal that Meltzer never ranked it and why in the last few years I've come to the conclusion that he's full of shit.  And yes I'm gonna keep higher tabs on AEW now that Show is part of it.

9) MVP - When I began watching actively again in 2006, his angle with Kane is why I tuned in every week and I am thrilled that he is not only back in WWE but in a higher profile than what he was when he left. Not only a strong wrestler but a strong character able to be presented in a number of different ways.

😎 Great Muta - There are a ton of Japanese dudes where if you go outside the internet no one is gonna give a shit. Muta is not one of those guys. Everything he does works no matter what crowd he's in front of. He set the tone for any Japanese wrestler after him and even today he's the measuring stick. The mist is iconic. He could do nothing but basic holds and as long as someone gets sprayed people will pop hard. When his couldn't do the Moonsault anymore the Shining Wizard became his thing and then became THE copycat move for the next ten years. That's his impact.

7) Mr. McMahon - How much have we memed about this guy? The strut, the raspy voice, the Frieza/Mr Burns level evil to the point of it being funny. Despite his clear physical limitations thanks to his age he always steals the show with whoever he works with. He has way more good matches than bad ones, because he knows (or knew, nowadays he looks like a year or two away from senility like what Terry Funk is dealing with) what works on a fundamental level. Most will never admit it but he might be GOAT heel status.

6) Jushin Liger - It's between him and Rey for best high-flyer ever, and he can mat wrestle with the best of em. the match he had with Muta where he unmasked to reveal he had his own dark side is my fave puro match ever. I was so happy when he showed up to NXT Takeover.

5) Edge - Another great character. Super mobile to a point you forget he's as tall as he is. Whatever he does you want to see what happens next. The Rated RKO v D-X feud made me tune in every week and why I'm talking to you about this in the first place as much as I am now. I am so happy he's back and more importantly, his health is in good standing so I don't have to have my memories tarnished like whatever Jericho is doing right now. This latest run with Jericho actually kicked him off both my main and honorable mentions lists LOL. Back to Edge, he's the man.

4) Bret Hart - I keep hearing about how he's this great technical wrestler, and he is. He really really is. But I think the reason why he's the Best There Is Was Ever Will Be is because of HOW he implements that. Roman reigns said he modeled his style greatly off of Bret, and what he meant by that was he considers the entire ringside area as his stage. Bret took the best of Stan Hansen "using everything around you as a staging area" and made it feel super natural and dynamic. Bret shines brightest when he's against opponents wh on paper shouldn't mesh well because Bret knows how to use that staging area. That allows whoever he faces to keep pace with him.

3) HHH - Believe the Hype. When I finally decided to shut out the people mad at hte Reign of terror I really started to see why he was pushed that hard in the first place beyond obvious nuptials. Triple H is at the very top of the lsit of guys who were robbed constantly of the 5 stars. He had a better Ironman match with Rock than Bret did with HBK. HHH v Cactus was instant classic. 3 Stages of Hell vs Stone Cold was classic. Even later in his career he had matches as good if not even a sliver better than what what HBK had with Undertaker. Smackdown in 2008 is one of my favorite eras of WWE and HHH was a big reason why, he had good to great matches with almost everyone there, MVP, Shelton, Jeff, Kendrick, Edge. He even pulled a fun match out of Khali.

2) Stone Cold - Realistically he's the GOAT. EVERYTHING he did was money. Awesome matches, awesome promos, awesome segments, awesome presence. A lot of these dudes aren't on this list without him being their foil. Stone Cold v Bret might be Bret's best match period.

1) Undertaker - He might not be my FAVORITE guy but my goodness, how much emotion has this dude gotten from wrestling fans even from guys who knew he was getting older? How many people were mad that the Streak was finally broken, SHOCKED that it was broken? In his prime he was a freak athlete, and even as his athleticism began to fade his presence did not. He made the most out of every situation put in front of him and came away making the careers of several mainstays. Mick Foley isn't the household name he is without him. Kane is just a dentist without him. Brock Lesnar is just another big dude without him (albeit a freak athlete himself but the Taker rivalry cemented him as a special attraction and this unstoppable beast). When he retired a few months ago, a longtime friend told me "It feels like we're truly adults now. He was the last remaining link to our childhood." No one is going to top that career and no one should. You could argue that Undertaker defines the casual view of professional wrestling just as much as Rock, Hogan or Stone Cold does.

3 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

if not guys will go the route of OC who they pushed heavy during the pandemic (bad idea) only to be in a boring ass feud with Miro and pals.

Yes, people always bring up the Good Friends/Kip Miro feud as a comparison to anyone coming to AEW.

It's easily the worst feud in the organization and I can't wait for it to end. But that doesn't mean everyone new coming in will be sucked into a vortex of suck like Miro has been.

Either way, I wouldn't mind if he went to New Japan, just get him out of the dub where he's wasting away the prime of his career.

5 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Also I listen to Cornette and agree with some of the things he says like how they should have just brought over Dynasty instead of building a semi random group for MJF to lead (Shawn Spears pfft.) I hate his takes on women’s wresting where’s he’s out of touch on most definitely.

Yeah when he said he hated the Sasha/Bayley cage match, I watched it and thought it was absolutely stellar.  He thinks everyone is still in Diva Mode.  That being said he's warmed up to Jade Cargill of all people and he speaks highly of Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb (even called her the best worker in AEW at one point) so it's getting better. 

5 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Yeah when he said he hated the Sasha/Bayley cage match, I watched it and thought it was absolutely stellar.  He thinks everyone is still in Diva Mode.  That being said he's warmed up to Jade Cargill of all people and he speaks highly of Thunder Rosa and Serena Deeb (even called her the best worker in AEW at one point) so it's getting better. 

im noticing he likes women who dont look like "traditional women" and basically any girl he believes could fuck him up. ie rhea ripley love fest.

10 minutes ago, scorp said:

Yes, people always bring up the Good Friends/Kip Miro feud as a comparison to anyone coming to AEW.

It's easily the worst feud in the organization and I can't wait for it to end. But that doesn't mean everyone new coming in will be sucked into a vortex of suck like Miro has been.

Either way, I wouldn't mind if he went to New Japan, just get him out of the dub where he's wasting away the prime of his career.

It isn’t so much the feud, it’s more that you spent all that time featuring and had no direction of where to go. Also the flip flopping between face and heel happens way too much for that it feels like a bunch of Big Show turns at times.

8 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

He likes women’s wrestlers who work a more grounded style. Which is all well and good but variety is key. But him keying in on size is such a weird thing to criticize honestly especially in women’s wrestling.

Edited by Grimmjow316
1 minute ago, Grimmjow316 said:

t isn’t so much the feud, it’s more that you spent all that time featuring and had no direction of where to go. Also the flip flopping between face and heel happens way too much for that it feels like a bunch of Big Show turns at times.

Oh yea for sure. Trust me, I really want it to end already haha It's very RAW-like.

26 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

It isn’t so much the feud, it’s more that you spent all that time featuring and had no direction of where to go. Also the flip flopping between face and heel happens way too much for that it feels like a bug of Big Shows at times.

He likes women’s wrestlers who work a more grounded style. Which is all well and good but variety is key. But him keying in on size is such a weird thing to criticize honestly especially in women’s wrestling.

"Looking like an athlete" is something that I agreed with long before I started following his podcast, because looking the part in an entertainment industry is your way of making a strong first impression.  Looking like you care will ensure you make it abundantly clear that you actually do care.  

Of course a lot of fans hear that and they assume whoever says that is just thinking they need to all look like they popped a V-Trigger.  

Edited by Psychoblue