Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

17 hours ago, HD-Man said:

McIntyre REALLY lays that headbutt in, Jesus. Either that or he knows how to make it look like he does, I winced when he hit Shelton

That thigh slap adds momentum lol

Charlotte got the rona and she apparently has not re-signed.

Charlotte would be a game changer for aew overall.

Everybody expecting Andrade fpr dynamite. 

Remember how aew paid off jericho putting over orange cassidy by taking dude off tv and doing notbjng

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I'm expecting Andrade to go back to Mexico and maybe work New Japan. AEW is bloated right now. They don't need him.

They were bloated before bringing in sting, christian, big show, miro, the good brothers...

Hell that is why darby has barely been on tv

Edited by DrLariat

Been staying with a friend since Sunday so I haven’t been able to watch Fastlane. I’m going home when I wake up later today. I have a shit ton of stuff to handle before Friday when my sister and her family get here though. 

So I’ll probably watch it in-between laundry loads

Edited by iStu X
2 hours ago, DrLariat said:

I love kane the wrestler 

Well deserve

I bet he replaced batista.

I bet taker inducts him and he inducts taker next year 

Growing up through late elementary and middle school, everyone loved Kane. He was who we all secretly wished we were when we got into a fight at school. I didn't keep tabs on it back then like I did now but I distinctly remember Kane, HHH and Stone Cold being the ones hailed as the coolest in lunch talks.  HHH and Kane in particular were spoken about in a way that made me think they were the current best in the world and I just accepted that because they sure looked the part.

20 hours ago, Chachi said:

AEW needs a Saturday night show on the mothership TBS

I like Sami Zayn going crazy (apologies if this is a repost)

If they do a tbs show it should be at 605

I really hate that reginald is involved in the womens division for no reason

What should have been a simple shade fest between sasha and bianca has become the reginald show and he comes on raw too.

Fuck. I want dude to pop a kneecap on a flip so wwe can sto

Apollo’s new look and gimmick is fucking great. He really needs a name change though. Crews will always be smiley black man no matter what gimmick they give him. So they need to change his name to match his new gimmick. 

Also the spear is kinda yikes. even though I get why it’s there and what it represents . 

jesus fucking Christ the ending of Big E vs. Apollo was botched to hell. Lol

Edited by iStu X

I hate this use of Kushida. I would rather he stayed a jr. Than this bullshit.

Devlin is still a heel. I hope santos loses the belt so he can go level up and take the nxt title.

Both Ciampa and Gargano have bogged down nxt by staying there. At least ciampa has put over guys and is used to make others look good. GARGANO is lame and should be jobbing in sub 5 minute matches instead he is here not tapping out and kicking out of everything fuck these two.

I stopped watching Fastline after Rollins and Shinsuke. Shit was just boring as hell. Every match felt like a throwaway match and/or was predictable as fuck.

Also the Big E/Apollo match ended in such a hilariously bad botch I almost stopped watching right then and there 

I might finish it when I wake up cause I heard the Reigns/Bryan and Alexa/Orton were good despite both being overbooked 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, DrLariat said:

Kyle looks like a fucking dweeb teenager who found a suicidal tendencies album cover

One of the MMA Horsewomen that Rousey and Shayna are a part of looks just like him in the face, I think she's dating or married to Roddy Strong.  I'm somewhat disappointed they haven't repackaged her and Kyle's long-lost twin Kylie.  

EDIT:  Marina Shafir is who I'm thinking of.  

Edited by Psychoblue
16 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

One of the MMA Horsewomen that Rousey and Shayna are a part of looks just like him in the face, I think she's dating or married to Roddy Strong.  I'm somewhat disappointed they haven't repackaged her and Kyle's long-lost twin Kylie.  

EDIT:  Marina Shafir is who I'm thinking of.  

What happened to Shayna's buddies? They disappeared after Shanya got called up.

2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What happened to Shayna's buddies? They disappeared after Shanya got called up.

I think Marina at least is still in NXT, they're probably still training in the PC.  

And speaking of the PC...

While it's great that Tay has bounced back, the idea that her success is an indictment on the school that trained her is so laughably backwards that it's shameful that an outlet like the Observer is running with it.  I think we can universally agree that it's lousy booking rather than lousy training that holds most if not all the guys and girls back, and if they got the green light like Tay has in AEW they'd do Smiley and the Gang proud.  Even Kenny O has gone on record saying that having people like Dave Taylor around when he was in DSW helped slow him down and make his athleticism more meaningful.  

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I think Marina at least is still in NXT, they're probably still training in the PC.  

And speaking of the PC...

While it's great that Tay has bounced back, the idea that her success is an indictment on the school that trained her is so laughably backwards that it's shameful that an outlet like the Observer is running with it.  I think we can universally agree that it's lousy booking rather than lousy training that holds most if not all the guys and girls back, and if they got the green light like Tay has in AEW they'd do Smiley and the Gang proud.  Even Kenny O has gone on record saying that having people like Dave Taylor around when he was in DSW helped slow him down and make his athleticism more meaningful.  

HHH holding people back like boa been there 6 Years and gets his shot sort of

Rik bugez debuted then disappeared 

I bet if aaliyah gets let go she shows out to.

Then i think of kona reeves.

Like hhh says fuck all these people i want indy guy and then with kushida drops the ball.

The old method from 2014 worked. The new method of keeping guys in nxt and never using them does not

I think imperium as a group has the best shot at making it

I really want dudes on main roster

Walter vs roman or lashley would be dope

Edited by DrLariat
11 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Like hhh says fuck all these people i want indy guy and then with kushida drops the ball.

I think Kushida is in a decent spot now, it's just when NXT became a TV show it eliminated the need to move some of these people to RAW and SD because the guys featured on the NXT shows are pretty much good to go if they need to be moved, same way WWECW transitioned to the halfway house from the school to the main roster.  

I didn't see much of Kushida in NJPW, did he always dress like Justin Credible?  

Funny you mention HHH saying "fuck all these people," because that might spell bad news in the long run when Vince finally steps down (or more likely is carted off):

Edited by Psychoblue
13 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

NCAA wrestling champ?  check

University of Minnesota alum?  check

jacked up freak super athlete?  check

HERE COMES THE PAIN ONCE AGAIN

He has high aspirations, I'll give him that.

But I'm pretty sure that Cena will be the last wrestler to be bigger than the company.

19 minutes ago, scorp said:

He has high aspirations, I'll give him that.

But I'm pretty sure that Cena will be the last wrestler to be bigger than the company.

Cena will always be synonymous with WWE.  WWE is why he is able to enjoy the roles he currently has.  

If this dude can reach that level, and he certainly can just based on his athletic gifts, then it's a slam dunk.  It'll all depend on how well he composes himself before and after the bell rings.  

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Cena will always be synonymous with WWE.  WWE is why he is able to enjoy the roles he currently has.  

If this dude can reach that level, and he certainly can just based on his athletic gifts, then it's a slam dunk.  It'll all depend on how well he composes himself before and after the bell rings.  

I've definitely seen nothing of him, so I will be watching closely.

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

Breaking up a good stable for NO reason 🤦🏾‍♂️

Probably a work, since they technically aren't Hurt Business anymore, they can technically interfere in the title match at Mania 

Starting it at the top of the program and then offering a resolution by the end of it has been a recurring theme of RAW the last few weeks.  Lashley won the title after getting nothing but DQs and countouts for the rest of the show.  

Either way I swore off the weeklies after that telecast bullshit.  I'll watch the Network shows to save my mental health.  Anything I need to know will be a vignette before the PPV match anyway.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Fuck whatever is on raw. The real news is on Twitter. Andrade is dropping a pipe bomb via a podcast apparently. 

-mentions he walked away from 2-3 million a year

-didn't trust the wwe medical Staff(cm punk was always right people lmfao). 

-didn't trust wwes story about the Saudi situation and that's why he didn't go

19 hours ago, scorp said:

Just take one forever. It’s helped me not hate wrestling lol

I’m kinda doing this except it hasn’t helped me to not hate wrestling. I’m honestly just kinda over it and now more-or-less hate wrestling and the communities as a whole. 

They’re all in such a bad place right now for a multitude of reasons. More ways to watch and more companies to watch doesn’t mean more reasons to watch for a lot of people. 

There’s good out there for sure but They all have a mountain of issues I’m just tired of fucking dealing with and tired of people making excuses for the companies. 

Plus smarks  just irritate the piss out of me now. Grown ass men acting like a god damn sewing circle about wrestlers, their matches, their private lives and companies they work for just grew more and more silly to me as time has gone on. 

just gunna wipe my hands clean of it all. 

Edited by iStu X

I'm 100% down with Corbin being the Owen of the Hurt Business.  Dude is nearly seven feet tall and quite athletic yet he's been everyone and a half's bitch boy since he debuted on the main roster, even to dudes who are visibly half his size.  

Alternatively, I'm willing to bet money that someone backstage realized that the optics of Drew destroying black guys for the next couple of weeks including on WWE's Wrestlemania debut on Peacock would look super sus, so they brought in Baron to take the beating specifically because he's been everyone and a half's bitch boy but still physically imposing enough that MVP would consider having him as an insurance policy.

As for Andrade, sounds like his issues are that doctors would rather err on the side of caution rather than disregard the slightest chance that something goes wrong and WWE is in the news for the wrong reasons other than the usual stuff like shitty booking.  That's a big bag to walk away from, way higher than where he was on the card, so I hope he's happy.  Luchadores have a rep for being the Smashers of the wrestler community so I'm also holding my breath to see if he winds up a total loon like Juvy,  Psicosis, Mistico and Del Rio in a year.  For obvious reasons I hope not because Charlotte has already been a victim of domestic abuse thanks to her previous relationship with Bram.  

Edited by Psychoblue
4 hours ago, iStu X said:

I’m kinda doing this except it hasn’t helped me to not hate wrestling. I’m honestly just kinda over it and hate wrestling and the communities as a whole. 

They’re all in such a bad place right now for a multitude of reasons. More ways to watch and more companies to watch doesn’t mean more reasons to watch for a lot of people. 

There’s good out there for sure but They all have a mountain of issues I’m just tired of fucking dealing with and tired of people making excuses for. 

Plus smarks  just irritate the piss out of me now. Grown ass men acting like a god damn sewing circle about wrestlers, their matches, their private lives and companies they work for just grew more and more silly to me as time has gone on. 

just gunna wipe my hands clean of it all. 

Yea man, I get it completely.

I'm not saying everyone should watch wrestling just because they always have.

I just tell people, don't torture yourself by watching something you will complain about weekly or bi-weekly, cause that shit is self-torture and stupid lol 

Watching a bad show that you don't enjoy for the sake of watching it will never make sense to me.