Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Real shame about that Saudi hold-up, that was far and beyond their best show of that series.  Ah well, MBS has KOF now to play with.

I stopped giving a shit about what people think about wrestling a long time ago.  That's why I'll always keep it real and say what I say and whoever balks at that can step back and think about it some more if they wish.  It's why I'm glad NWA is back because discussions about that show are tempered and objective since there's no expectations about it other than being a fun alternative with no higher ambitions than that.     

haha I cancelled my WWE network and stopped watching completely during this event in 2018

WWE_Crown_Jewel_Poster.jpg

Khashoggi had just been cut up by the Saudi's, people like Cena and Bryan refused to go and this event was absolute dogshit.

It was at that time that I realized I need to stop complaining every Tuesday morning about how shitty RAW was and how absolute ass the entire company was.

It's been a better life ever since.

3 hours ago, scorp said:

Yea man, I get it completely.

I'm not saying everyone should watch wrestling just because they always have.

I just tell people, don't torture yourself by watching something you will complain about weekly or bi-weekly, cause that shit is self-torture and stupid lol 

Watching a bad show that you don't enjoy for the sake of watching it will never make sense to me.

I’m just glad I’ve met enough people in the wrestling community that I can actually talk to as a person and not just bitch about whatever weekly program 

Edited by iStu X
9 hours ago, Maxx said:

Goldust hardline republican. With a trans stepdaughter whose daughter dakota is bi and dustin knows how important goldust is to gay wrestling fans.

It is weird for him to be this lbgtqia advocate all the while being hardline on immigration and gun rights

15 hours ago, Maxx said:

6 hours ago, DrLariat said:

Goldust hardline republican. With a trans stepdaughter whose daughter dakota is bi and dustin knows how important goldust is to gay wrestling fans.

It is weird for him to be this lbgtqia advocate all the while being hardline on immigration and gun rights

Or maybe just because he's about one thing doesn't mean he's about the other.  That's where both parties fall off hard in the last few years: people about one life are allied with people who aren't necessarily about theirs just because they have a common enemy in the other side with the same issues.  

On 3/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, DrLariat said:

The new iwgp title is garbage. Like the 2000 wcw rebrand logo come to life. 

image1.jpg

If they modify the shape of the emblem and the strap to black, it actually could be a great belt instead of the Intercontinental Divas Internet Championship 

19 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I like a good conspiracy theory myself but this ain't it. He legit thinks the shit isn't real and refuses to let fans take pics with a mask on. Dude a miserable bitch 

Is this a news flash?  Almost every story about Aries the last 15 years is universally negative.  

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

QT gotta lead a stable full of his own students. I didn't expect that. 

Cammerota should be a pushed commodity likw now

QT is a shitty promo and average wrestler

It is so weird the divide between top guys and low carders in aew

I need Miro to squash all 3 best friends and ruin sabian while bringing in aiden english to intro him

I bet Andrade comes in with a lot of fan fair.

I need Fenix vs Andrade

Edited by DrLariat
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Jericho is still a good friend to Vince at the end of the day. He likely fine because it was him. I doubt this would happen if it was Kenny Omega.

It was fine when Kenny was in NJPW and they did that SFV exhibition where Woods was flanked by the New Day and Omega the Bucks, but yeah, not now.  The IWGP belt is the only thing WWE will acknowledge on-air as a world title comparable to their own, at least one that is still active.  

Edited by Psychoblue
8 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

It was fine when Kenny was in NJPW and they did that SFV exhibition where Woods was flanked by the New Day and Omega the Bucks, but yeah, not now.  The IWGP belt is the only thing WWE will acknowledge on-air as a world title comparable to their own, at least one that is still active.  

That was before the usa invasion. Vince basically had a weird rule where if it was in the USA he didn't care. Hence Jericho initial run with njpw, basically wouldn't do any show in the US because of Vince. But then went back on his word 

Just now, Maxx said:

That was before the usa invasion. Vince basically had a weird rule where if it was in the USA he didn't care. Hence Jericho initial run with njpw, basically wouldn't do any show in the US because of Vince. But then went back on his word 

They still do it on commentary, mostly to hype up the IWGP champs who are already there and still in the mix, Styles, Lesnar etc.    They brought it up with Nakamura  few weeks ago to hype up this recent "comeback story" they've been doing with him.  

Edited by Psychoblue
2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

They still do it on commentary, mostly to hype up the IWGP champs who are already there and still in the mix, Styles, Lesnar etc.    They brought it up with Nakamura  few weeks ago to hype up this recent "comeback story" they've been doing with him.  

That's good and hopefully a triple h influence. He's cares so much about prowrestling lineage and history. I don't think it matters from what country because they are all important to him 

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

That's good and hopefully a triple h influence. He's cares so much about prowrestling lineage and history. I don't think it matters from what country because they are all important to him 

Vince will allow it because NJPW had a long history with him and his father, and a lot of how WWE models their professionalism expectations and even the drills they run for trainees are modeled after NJPW etiquette and the Dojo. But anyway, we're talking about this rather shocking situation.  I'm halfway expecting the version we watch to dance around AEW, but at the same time it's pretty clear Vince stopped worrying about AEW encroaching given how many guys have been cut and even recently cut with no 90 day clause attached, so maybe they'll just let Jericho talk about it as much as he wants and it all shows up unless NBC gets mad that a show on TNT is getting promoted so heavily.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Wwe refers to the iwgp title as on par with the wwe title

Also they let kenta work noah

Still think wwe buys ajpw up because of big johnny

Reginald needs to blow an acl. Vince liking him ruined all of wwe womens even bleeding into nxt

He is the new ellsworth

Edited by DrLariat