Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

10 minutes ago, scorp said:

One of the few people in wrestling that was a great worker in the ring and a great person outside of it.

Steamboat is the other.

That's the whole list.

🤣🤣🤣 I think Bryan will get added after his full retirement. We only allowed retired wrestlers on the list. 

Bobby win was so feel good. Give him a better non trump moment 

I hope drew is done as a challenger. I want to see Bobby take out the demon king balor and aleister black in rapid matches.

They building brock vs bobby

Bianca won the title the way it should have been at takeover brooklyn 2019

The video package for Bianca and Sasha was better than some of the matches on night 1. 

Bianca is just doing her best and constantly wants to improve. She has no idea that she’s already a future hall of famer. She’s a one of a kind talent and absolutely incredible 

you can tell both of them are elated to be main eventing and wrestling each other. They’re trying not to smile from ear to ear and trying not to cry. 

Cole with the respect acknowledging that this match is historic due to it being two black women main eventing wrestlemania. Fucking incredible. 

im so hype for this match. It’s one of the matches I’ve really been looking forward to all weekend. 

edit: damn. That match was so good. It was exactly what it needed to be

Edited by iStu X
7 hours ago, scorp said:

Read spoilers and random comments on RAW tonight. 

Is this era of RAW worse than the New Generation era? Certainly sounds like it. 

I agree. Bray lost all "mystique", every damn time he's built up he loses... I wouldn't mind if it were Bray himself that loses but the Fiend character shouldn't be used as a means to an end.

Also the new Hurt Business... LOL

So I saw a discussion earlier in the year.. Maybe last year about how nxt is a failed experiment.. Losing millions. But mostly about how it has failed to produce pure talent.. People who aren't indy darlings. And now with this new Gen... My question is did nxt fail to produce new talent or they only can succeed with the women? 

6 hours ago, Maxx said:

So I saw a discussion earlier in the year.. Maybe last year about how nxt is a failed experiment.. Losing millions. But mostly about how it has failed to produce pure talent.. People who aren't indy darlings. And now with this new Gen... My question is did nxt fail to produce new talent or they only can succeed with the women? 

I blame Vince for burying damn near every NXT call up. They catch fire in NXT then go to the main roster to die. But I could be wrong 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I blame Vince for burying damn near every NXT call up. They catch fire in NXT then go to the main roster to die. But I could be wrong 

When it comes to NXT the reverse tends to be true. The guys that weren't able to get over at NXT are the ones that see the most success on the main roster. Elias and Corbin didn't get over with the NXT crowd but managed to find success on the main roster. 

24 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

When it comes to NXT the reverse tends to be true. The guys that weren't able to get over at NXT are the ones that see the most success on the main roster. Elias and Corbin didn't get over with the NXT crowd but managed to find success on the main roster. 

I'll give you Elias, but Corbin was over, with his finishing guys in under 10 seconds gimmick. They didn't sour on him til his first real lengthy match where they realized he wasn't that good in the ring 

Prediction aew has been ass the past couple of weeks

The move to tuesdays helps nxt and hurts aew

Nxt has failed to produce guys because hhh refuses to push home grown guys

But nxt has done a great job building women and main roster has done a fine job with the women 

I am happiest about reginald being retconed

If sasha and bianca actually was built as a rivalry and not on reginald has a crush we would all be happier

I also really like rhea

I think Io appears on smackdowna

This post wm raw had no debuts 

Edited by DrLariat