Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

I saw Velveteen Dream was trending on twitter because he didn't get the boot, but I think people trying to play whataboutism in that regard are doing sexual assault victims, even if VD turns out to be completely not guilty despite what's been presented, an extremely insensitive disservice.

If VD did do these things, he should have been fired on the spot just like Jack Gallagher.  He shouldn't be fired when it's convenient for budget cuts.  Trying to compare someone like Kalisto getting the boot to reasons why VD should be fired is insensitive to people who actually are victimized because it treats them as an excuse.  

18 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I saw Velveteen Dream was trending on twitter because he didn't get the boot, but I think people trying to play whataboutism in that regard are doing sexual assault victims, even if VD turns out to be completely not guilty despite what's been presented, an extremely insensitive disservice.

If VD did do these things, he should have been fired on the spot just like Jack Gallagher.  He shouldn't be fired when it's convenient for budget cuts.  Trying to compare someone like Kalisto getting the boot to reasons why VD should be fired is insensitive to people who actually are victimized because it treats them as an excuse.  

WWE or police never talked to the victims. Soo I don't even know what what fucking magic everyone used to prove he was innocent or not. 

23 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

There's no fucking budget cuts. WWE reported record breaking profits last quarter. They are doing the same shit Activision did.

All these cuts are Johnny ace being Johnny ace. It’s his signature move. Back on $RK we’d try to guess everyone who’d get hit by the “spring cleaning” 

The biggest of WWE’s main money sinks (house shows) are now gone. So is basically nothing but profits now due to sponsors and networking deals. Once live events keep opening up more and more they’re going to make even more money. 

so budget cuts are not a reason anymore. Production costs may be gone in the near future too thanks to their agreement with Peacock. If it’s as fruitful as everyone thinks it is I wouldn’t be surprised if 3-5 years out NBC Universal just outright buys WWE 

Edited by iStu X
45 minutes ago, iStu X said:

All these cuts are Johnny ace being Johnny ace. It’s his signature move. Back on $RK we’d try to guess everyone who’d get hit by the “spring cleaning” 

The biggest of WWE’s main money sinks (house shows) are now gone. So is basically nothing but profits now due to sponsors and networking deals. Once live events keep opening up more and more they’re going to make even more money. 

so budget cuts are not a reason anymore. Production costs may be gone in the near future too thanks to their agreement with Peacock. If it’s as fruitful as everyone thinks it is I wouldn’t be surprised if 3-5 years out NBC Universal just outright buys WWE 

Maybe so but it is absurd to keep some of these guys around if they have no intention to do anything with them.  Other than Joe and Kay, the writing was on the wall and I don't think they should have been used over anyone else on TV right now at this point.  

10 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

It still stings that the IIconics were broken up when there was no real plan for them. I hoped the women tag team championship would help put a spotlight on the undercard, but it just hasn't happened.

I suspect they were broken up exactly because there was no real plan for them anymore and that by making them singles and giving Billie Kay the hanger-on character she had, they could figure out more to do with them.  Looks like that played its course.

12 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Samoa Joe more than straight, he was hella good on commentary, has no bad blood with any company and has the voice work gig going. Can't wait to see what he does next

Honestly if wwe could have used him in ring they would have. Having the commentary gig opened up a lot to him

Hell Joe Rogan keeps talking about retiring

Tna thinks having matt striker and mauro on the same call is a selling point

Edited by DrLariat
10 hours ago, Makrow said:

So they break up an established tag team in the Iconics in order to supposedly give Peyton a singles push, then renege on those plans and end up releasing both not even a year later? That's some bullshit.

Eh billie was the worst wrestler on the roster like mechanics wise she regressed so much from the controlled nxt environment like a lot do.

Sasha, bayley, and alexa struggled before finding their grooves main roster.

Hell we are seeing it with rhea and mia yim

Charlotte, becky, Bianca, and asuka got it real quick. But with asuka and becky it was experience.

Also they fired cutler and blake, but kept ryker. Wtf. Fire that racist fuck during these times and just put one of your other tall beard guys with elias. Fuck give elias t bar and mace

Iconics go to impact

I see chelsea going to aew.

Mojo brings gronk with him to aew with how things are.

Bo just retires and lives life with liv.

I really think cutler and blake go to roh.

New japan picks up some of these guys

Just waiting on who gets released from nxt.

Just bring up gargano and ciampa so they can stop clogging up nxt and ruining momentum for some guys

Edited by DrLariat
9 hours ago, Jurassic said:

It still stings that the IIconics were broken up when there was no real plan for them. I hoped the women tag team championship would help put a spotlight on the undercard, but it just hasn't happened.

Hey, just look at Heavy Machinery. Tucker turned on Otis, and that didn't even spark a feud between the two. Hell, did they even have a match between them after that? And now Otis is back in another tag team LOL

I'm surprised that Mojo took this long to get the boot. After last year's mania, he posted a video of him getting a COVID test and was saying stuff like "oh that's not at bad as I thought it would be" and pretty much flat out said he never had a COVID test before. 

The dude was on Mania, and the WWE was trying to make it sound like they had done all the precautions necessary like tests for talent, social distancing, etc. 

Mojo let the cat out of the bag, amazing he didn't get the axe right then and there 

6 hours ago, Lantis said:

Hey, just look at Heavy Machinery. Tucker turned on Otis, and that didn't even spark a feud between the two. Hell, did they even have a match between them after that? And now Otis is back in another tag team LOL

WWE definitely has a creative problem.

Those guys should be getting replaced, not the talent.

6 minutes ago, scorp said:

WWE definitely has a creative problem.

Those guys should be getting replaced, not the talent.

Creative last at least 6 months and gets shuffled out

Vince decides who gets on tv. Now vince got bored of flippy black dude so he is retconned out of existence