Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

2 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Don't quote me on this but Dirt Sheet radio is reporting is that WWE (lead by Nick Khan) is trynna lock NJPW in as an exclusive partner in America and have some talent exchanges. BIG news if it goes through 

http://stillrealtous.com/wwe-reportedly-discussing-partnership-with-njpw/

I'm reading about this now on a few spots I trust on Twitter. Some are suggesting the rumor is real but it's njpw initiating it to Make them look good for other feds

Edited by Maxx

I'll believe it when I see it but Liger getting into the WWE Hall of Fame despite not really doing too much in the US other than some Nitros and that NXT Takeover does lend a lot of credibility that Vince is willing to make those ties again after almost 30 years.  

Time for the new Wrestle Summit!?

Edited by Psychoblue

WWE partnering with NJPW could end up really good, as long as it stays just that, a partnership. 

WWE with any ownership of NJPW would suck. I'm not going to say one is better than the other, but I enjoy the puroresu style of NJPW more than WWE, and a merger could threaten that. 

But if they're just putting on a few shows and having cross promotional stables (WWE does have the founding members of the Bullet Club and Chaos)  that would be dope.

Also, the weirdness that could happen with Mox showing up with the US belt has me giggling 

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I'm reading about this now on a few spots I trust on Twitter. Some are suggesting the rumor is real but it's njpw initiating it to Make them look good for other feds

I could definitely see NJPW playing the field that way. I feel like it's a win for them no matter how this goes, more exposure in the US and a level of creative control so their guys don't get buried. I'm with whatever choice they make, more ppl here in the states need to experience how dope NJPW is

39 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I could definitely see NJPW playing the field that way. I feel like it's a win for them no matter how this goes, more exposure in the US and a level of creative control so their guys don't get buried. I'm with whatever choice they make, more ppl here in the states need to experience how dope NJPW is

Maybe they're thinking about sharing NXT Japan like how some teams share the same minor league affiliate?

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Maybe they're thinking about sharing NXT Japan like how some teams share the same minor league affiliate?

Doubtful. Imo this looks like a desperation move to put more positive Google search for them. Will ospreay apparently is leaving nooj because of Bea breaking up with him and heading to nxt UK. As well as some other issues with the front office.. His absence isn't purely injury related

Also reports of foreigners upset at the conditions atm in nooj because of covid. Apparently a big reason covid is running rampant is because they are still dorming and not being put up into hotels. Nothing nooj has been good lately bar  njpw strong and aew stuff

6 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I'll believe it when I see it but Liger getting into the WWE Hall of Fame despite not really doing too much in the US other than some Nitros and that NXT Takeover does lend a lot of credibility that Vince is willing to make those ties again after almost 30 years.  

Time for the new Wrestle Summit!?

That doesn't mean much. WWE has Inoki and Tatsumi Fujinami in the hall of fame. Hall of Fame is fulled with guys that never did anything in WWE. They are using it as a general wrestling HoF now. 

10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

That doesn't mean much. WWE has Inoki and Tatsumi Fujinami in the hall of fame. Hall of Fame is fulled with guys that never did anything in WWE. They are using it as a general wrestling HoF now. 

Tatsumi had a good hsitory with WCW and fighting with Flair, and Inoki was a consistent presence in 70s and 80s WWF, even winning the main event of the show that featured that Cyndi Lauper match.  

Liger is way more of a stretch than both.  I would have picked Tiger Mask I over him just because Tiger Mask I's big break in the USA was in the WWF.  

14 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Tatsumi had a good hsitory with WCW and fighting with Flair, and Inoki was a consistent presence in 70s and 80s WWF, even winning the main event of the show that featured that Cyndi Lauper match.  

Liger is way more of a stretch than both.  I would have picked Tiger Mask I over him just because Tiger Mask I's big break in the USA was in the WWF.  

Liger was a regular in WCW in the early 90s. He had a good feud with Brian Pillman and has the honor of wrestling the every first match of Nitro. He even lost the IWGP junior title to Juvi on a Nitro. 

Liger has been done enough in WCW to justify his place. Even without it I wouldn't say no to Liger and HoF

23 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Liger was a regular in WCW in the early 90s. He had a good feud with Brian Pillman and has the honor of wrestling the every first match of Nitro. He even lost the IWGP junior title to Juvi on a Nitro. 

Liger has been done enough in WCW to justify his place. Even without it I wouldn't say no to Liger and HoF

I disagree.  Other than that match with Pillman he was about as regular a presence as Funaki was on WWE TV from like 2006-10, even after a brief hiccup of Kung Fu Naki.  The IWGP junior title match you're referring to was a bit of an afterthought, same way Koji Kitao was at Wrestlemania tagging against Demolition, even winning, but his presence is largely irrelevant.  

But anyway, there is that.  

Edited by Psychoblue
12 minutes ago, iStu X said:

Everyone is until there’s the right amount of zeros

I don't even think it's about the 0s but feeling valued. Mark is being put in a commentary and coaching role. He comes off as someone who wants to feel valued more than about how much he's getting. I think that's the biggest thing we've seen from wwe guys jumping.. Most of them are making crazy money but don't feel valued. 

10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Seems to be Elias and Ryker, they haven't officially broken up yet but we'll see

And I don't know where they're going with the Bayzler/Alexa feud, but I'm down 

Oh I have no interest in that team but WWE might as well should abolish the tag division if they are going to keep going this route.

Also 

he was gushing blood.

20 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Oh I have no interest in that team but WWE might as well should abolish the tag division if they are going to keep going this route.

Also 

he was gushing blood.

Those 2 just need to stop wrestling each other, 2nd time some bad shit hapoened 

EDIT: This Kofi/Drew match was 🔥. They killed it tonight 

Edited by HD-Man