Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

4 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Man all those women and you still just want to feature Charlotte, and you still have more women in training waiting.

Why even bother having tag titles for the women at this point? Does Smackdown have only one women's match a week?

Edited by Jurassic
17 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

Why even bother having tag titles for the women at this point? Does Smackdown have only one women's match a week?

they would have been worth something if Vince and/or creative hadn’t dropped the ball with the women’s tag titles. 

Sasha and Bayley wanted it to be the work horse titles for the women. They wanted to defend it on every WWE Brand, including Main Event. They wanted to make it worth something to watch and see what happens to it. 

That lasted about maybe a month and it fell apart. 

hell, Sasha and Bayley have even said the only reason Vince finally agreed to it is so they’d stfu and quit bothering him. I think Bayley first mentioned this on the New Day Podcast. 

Edited by iStu X
18 minutes ago, iStu X said:

they would have been worth something if Vince and/or creative hadn’t dropped the ball with the women’s tag titles. 

Sasha and Bayley wanted it to be the work horse titles for the women. They wanted to defend it on every WWE Brand, including Main Event. They wanted to make it worth something to watch and see what happens to it. 

That lasted about maybe a month and it fell apart. 

hell, Sasha and Bayley have even said the only reason Vince finally agreed to it is so they’d stfu and quit bothering him. I think Bayley first mentioned this on the New Day Podcast. 

The sad thing is during the pandemic the Golden Role Models kept Smackdown afloat, the feud against Bliss Cross was entertaining. It’s infuriating how they have legitimate tag teams but just love to give them to makeshifts.

Edited by Grimmjow316
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

callis is good but heyman gets my emotions. he gets the oooohs and oh shit moments from me. callis is def good just doesnt get as a big emotional reaction from me

Oh yea I agree.

Callis is just your superheel scum of the earth, while Heyman can pull on your heart strings.

Edited by scorp
13 minutes ago, scorp said:

Oh yea I agree.

Callis is just your superheel scum of the earth, while Heyman can pull on your heart strings.

Yup exactly this. You don't see alot of heels of either caliber anymore. I love a good heel manager and never understand why it's such a dying art 

Lol

nobody could hear her announce him because of the nuclear heat she always gets. 

I heard Idolo at the end and my jaw dropped and when he didn’t come out immediately I thought it was a 2005 HBK Montreal rib. 

Then freaked out when he did come out. 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I get it, he just ain't funny. He's basically AEW's Johnny Gargano at this point. They both can wrestle their ass off but you just want to turn the channel when they start talking and doing comedy😂

Johnny is cringe by accident(except as his current old man heel) I think and Omega is cringe on purpose. He totally leaned into it because he's so hilariously bad at promos. But I can take Johnny seriously when the fued calls for it. His promos can get my emotions... Omega will never get my emotions because it's so hilariously over acted.

I personally don't think they are comparable. 

It didn't come out that way I wanted, but I only dislike Garganos promos when he tries comedy, he's fine when he's doing serious promos. Don't like Kenny's at all, I was comparing the trying to be funny aspect. My bad about the confusion 

Edited by HD-Man

Lio Rush announced his retirement. Wtf is going on with dude? Didn't he just sign with AEW? If I'm not mistaken, this is his 2nd time doing this 

EDIT: Seems like he injured himself to the point he couldn't even hold his kid and that made him decide to hang it up. I can respect that

Edited by HD-Man
4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Lio Rush announced his retirement. Wtf is going on with dude? Didn't he just sign with AEW? If I'm not mistaken, this is his 2nd time doing this 

EDIT: Seems like he injured himself to the point he couldn't even hold his kid and that made him decide to hang it up. I can respect that

I think he'll come back. I think it's a panic situation.. I've had similar injuries where I worried I wouldnt be able to do normal things if I keep going. If he truly loves the game.. It's gonna be hard to quit 

6 hours ago, HD-Man said:

This is the second time he announced an retirement. Terry Funk he is not

37 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Oh, wow, they're booking "All Lives Matter" Ryker as a babyface now? But his other two Forgotten Sons buddies were let go 😂

Maybe he's got dirt on ol' Saint Nick and Nick doesn't know how to keep that under wraps like Vince did with Funaki and JTG.  

5 hours ago, Maxx said:

I think he'll come back. I think it's a panic situation.. I've had similar injuries where I worried I wouldnt be able to do normal things if I keep going. If he truly loves the game.. It's gonna be hard to quit 

Yeah, I also think it's a knee jerk reaction. How can you go from debuting to being in a world of pain and retiring in the span of one week? If he had those issues, I believe these would have been present BEFORE his debut, so why sign up and then be like NAAAAH in such a short period of time.

If you have lingering health issues, just don't sign on the dotted line. Period.

Just  FYI I was joking about Gunner having dirt.  Still, if AJ Styles can shrug off being a flat-earth homophobe then if Gunner works his ass off he can bounce back.  That whole twitter exchange was more funny than infuriating, his sister chiming and coming just short of disowning him was great.  

...so is this belt gonna be defended as a regular thing from now on?

Edited by Psychoblue