Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Apparently the "Hardy" chants were so loud and intrusive, they had to retape Kross' segments multiple times.

 

Vince really fucked that dude over, shit. I don't know if he can recover from this, he's not charismatic enough yet

This brings me great joy. Fuck Kross. He sucks

Edited by iStu X
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao of course they are. Beyblade are gonna beat up the cosplayers. 

I can see them being happy with Jay kicking Kenny ass but not the good brothers. The Tongans supported them when they left and we're even at ring side for their final match in New Japan so what happened to AJ doesn't happen to them.

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, scorp said:

Nope.

WWE will never be in trouble. 
The Saudi, FOX, Peacock contracts will keep them afloat forever.

As well as the diehards who will never watch anything else.

Saudi only works if we dont have country issues ie travel bans. Let's see how delta virus plays out. I'm seeing posts about people catching it in the US. 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Saudi only works if we dont have country issues ie travel bans. Let's see how delta virus plays out. I'm seeing posts about people catching it in the US. 

Even then, the company is too large and has been around forever.

Just because AEW signs some dudes, doesn't mean WWE will ever be in trouble. They still give all their channels good ratings.

Edited by scorp
Link to comment

The thing is that when NBC buys WWE (it’s not a matter of if, anymore imo) is when I believe people will genuinely start looking for that alternative again. Whether it be Dragon Gate, New Japan, AEW, TNA, etc. 

 

Cause we’re already seeing the signs of how wwe would be if it ever is fully covered by the NBC umbrella and it isn’t really good. 
 

AEW is still in a lot of growing pains. They’ll get to their stride eventually. I think they’re biggest issue is that almost all the hires are ex WWE guys or friends of Elite or friends of friends. You need to develop your own roster and your own identity. Not have just be “me and the boys: the promotion”. 
 

Which AEW is trying to create their own, which I applaud them for but they still have along way to go and most of the problems are things they seem to be purposely ignoring. Where as a lot of WWE’s problems is so many stock holders and sponsers have way too much sway. 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, iStu X said:

The thing is that when NBC buys WWE (it’s not a matter of if, anymore imo) is when I believe people will genuinely start looking for that alternative again. Whether it be Dragon Gate, New Japan, AEW, TNA, etc. 

 

Cause we’re already seeing the signs of how wwe would be if it ever is fully covered by the NBC umbrella and it isn’t really good. 
 

AEW is still in a lot of growing pains. They’ll get to their stride eventually. I think they’re biggest issue is that almost all the hires are ex WWE guys or friends of Elite or friends of friends. You need to develop your own roster and your own identity. Not have just be “me and the boys: the promotion”. 
 

Which AEW is trying to create their own, which I applaud them for but they still have along way to go and most of the problems are things they seem to be purposely ignoring. Where as a lot of WWE’s problems is so many stock holders and sponsers have way too much sway. 

AEW gives me a lot of '98 WWE feels. And I know that anti-AEW folk hate that comparison, but it holds some water.

 

Lot of noticeable names jumping ship from one company to another. When Radicalz, Jericho, Big Show, etc all came to WWF, I was marking out as much as I do when WWE guys come over to AEW.

Violence and swearing is through the roof and I'm a mark for that 😂

It has a gritty feel, not like a medical laboratory like WWE, where everything is so clean and pristine.

The promos are more gritty, have more emotion and are more unpredictable because they aren't being memorized.

Crowds actually have some sort of control, if someone gets over organically, you best believe they get a push.

Stables, stables and MORE stables.

Not afraid to try new things and not afraid to fuck up. That's what made every Atittude Era RAW so much fun.

 

And I get it's not for everyone, I always say its billionaire indie wrestling and that will push many people away because it's not everyone's cup of tea and that's fair.

It obviously isn't perfect, but goddamn if it ain't the most entertaining wrestling show for me, my wife and all my friends every week.

 

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@scorpI had stopped watching pro wrestling for the most part until AEW came along. Once WWE bought WCW my interest waned. Without the competition, WWE got really stagnant and then the PG era hit when Linda McMahon was trying to run for office. I'd catch the occasional match here and there but it usually wasn't WWE.

My wife started getting bored with WWE around the time Punk left.

I kept watching cause I just like wrestling, but man there was a lot of fast forwarding.

I got the network in 2016 and LOVED NXT.

I hosted PPVs at my place every month and my friends came over, usually we would just mark out if someone new appeared, but a lot of the shows were just like "Oh well, maybe next month" because the booking didn't make us happy.

I cut the network in 2018 after Crown Jewel, after the Saudis cut up Khashoggi. That and I felt like I was just watching out of habit and not because I enjoyed it.

 

AEW came around and it lit a fire under everyone I know. We haven't gotten together since Revolution 2020, and they are all coming over to watch All Out in September. The hype levels are off the charts, even before the Bryan and Punk rumours.

 

I hope we get this AFI song instead of Cult for Punk.

I want to be reminded less of the company that took away his love for the sport.

 

 

Edited by scorp
Link to comment
2 hours ago, scorp said:

Even then, the company is too large and has been around forever.

Just because AEW signs some dudes, doesn't mean WWE will ever be in trouble. They still give all their channels good ratings.

OH I'm Def not one of those.. Ohhh wwe fucked up and they are going under. Lmfao Vince loves challenges. That's the best part about him is he thrives under pressure

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...
Stage Select