Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

23 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Nooo I don't want that. I want the dark order to be an aew pure thing. Home grown. 

I feel ya, but a homegrown Dark Order went out the door when Brodie took over. 🤷🏾‍♂️

But it's just wishful thinking on my part, Bray probably wants to do something new and different anyways, he's not the type to retread and Dark Order is cool the way it is 

20 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

With Brodie son being a semi-regular member of the Dark Order I doubt it will go back to what it was. 

The dark order has said they have no leader except Jr. And he's more a leader in the sense.. Everyone fears what he would do if they didn't say he was leader. 

It would be safe to assume that anyone in a certain pay bracket that is not vetted by the higher ups may not be safe. WWE might be offering contract buyouts / quid pro quo to certain wrestlers. Either way, it is clear WWE is reworking the company budget by thinning out the roster. I can't remember a year like this where so much talent was let go in multiple phases.

Edited by Jurassic
2 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Black had just kick started a feud with Big E when he got let go. Braun was in a triple threat for the WWE title the last before.

How do you call someone getting fired the day they showed up as a hot fued lol. It barely started

And the best part is big e didnt know he was even feuding til he showed up that day 

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

How do you call someone getting fired the day they showed up as a hot fued lol. It barely started

And the best part is big e didnt know he was even feuding til he showed up that day 

Because Black had promos building up his character on TV for weeks and finally made his redebut costing Big E the IC title. The company is giving Big E the slow burn push so it could have been hot.

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Because Black had promos building up his character on TV for weeks and finally made his redebut costing Big E the IC title. The company is giving Big E the slow burn push so it could have been hot.

Emphasis on could. Wasn't in actuality... Never got a chance to go. 

In other news... Njpw is showing murder

Looks like Adam Cole might be the next to leave WWE, he's done everything he could possibly do in NXT honestly, so it's either stagnate there or go to the main roster to die. Happy to see him go on to greener pastures as much as I love him in NXT

Rumors of course

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Looks like Adam Cole might be the next to leave WWE, he's done everything he could possibly do in NXT honestly, so it's either stagnate there or go to the main roster to die. Happy to see him go on to greener pastures as much as I love him in NXT

Rumors of course

WWE got caught slipping again. His contract expired at the Great American Bash. The company didn't catch this as they thought his contract was set to end in December. So far he's agreed to work until Summer Slam. 

If I were Cole I would take a break. He's been stagnating since losing the title. The feud with Kyle and Pat were the best things he's done post title reign.

36 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

WWE got caught slipping again. His contract expired at the Great American Bash. The company didn't catch this as they thought his contract was set to end in December. So far he's agreed to work until Summer Slam. 

If I were Cole I would take a break. He's been stagnating since losing the title. The feud with Kyle and Pat were the best things he's done post title reign.

Cole honestly should dip out to AEW so he can have the freedom to work with all the other promotions for fresh matchups, he's done it all in NXT, even he took a break it'd still be the same

I remember reading she had some complications when the couple had the second child. Plus at this point WWE found it easier to cut her since she probably wasn’t coming back, they just weren’t expecting Bray to be let go as well.

Also that’s another name that has taken off since the Orton storyline.