Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

46 minutes ago, iStu X said:

My group chat Goin at it atm over this

-Ronda has a black belt in trolling and it's amazing

-people really wanna shit on Bray and fans and act like he wasn't booked in shit matches. 

-his character should have been buolt way better and stronger but he was losing matches that made no fucking sense. Wwe did not remotely give a fuck about protecting the character or brand of bray. 

-also are we suddenly pretending 3000 drunk people aignt gonna cause shit like this? When idiots in the US start dumbass chants they are hating on them but when UK breakout in a full fucking song they are just passionate fans. It doesn't mean they don't like the wrestler and the match could honestly be a bad one. 

I feel like NXT is reaching into ROH’s way back machine to pull from their stable wars era. which was around 2007-2008 when Takeshi Morshima was their champion. 

Think about it 

* Th Way

* Legado Del Fantasma

* Diamond Mine 

* Hit Row

* Holland/Dunne/Lorcan 

* Imperium could add a new member

* Ciampa and Thatcher will need a 3rd man to go against Holland/Dunne/Lorcan

I don’t feel like they’re just making stables for the sake of it. HHH is head booker and HBK is lead producer of NXT. They both love stables and tag team wrestling. Gabe Sapolsky who is basically HHH and HBK’s right hand was booker for ROH almost a decade too and booked the Stable Wars. So it can easily happen. 

or I’m just looking too much into it

Edited by iStu X
14 hours ago, Maxx said:

also are we suddenly pretending 3000 drunk people aignt gonna cause shit like this? When idiots in the US start dumbass chants they are hating on them but when UK breakout in a full fucking song they are just passionate fans. It doesn't mean they don't like the wrestler and the match could honestly be a bad one. 

Singing is common with UK sports fans. 

53 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Singing is common with UK sports fans. 

Yes I know this and so is dumb chants in America. That doesn't take away from my point. You can do both and be paying attention, one gets praised and the other gets knocked as us not caring 

31 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yes I know this and so is dumb chants in America. That doesn't take away from my point. You can do both and be paying attention, one gets praised and the other gets knocked as us not caring 

The dumb chants more often than not are a form of protest. They do it to voice their displeasure at the product. It can be disrespectful depending on when they chose to do it. Like how their were dumb chants and beach balls during Neville vs Ali on a raw after Mania. They didn't deserve that

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

The dumb chants more often than not are a form of protest. They do it to voice their displeasure at the product. It can be disrespectful depending on when they chose to do it. Like how their were dumb chants and beach balls during Neville vs Ali on a raw after Mania. They didn't deserve that

If you bring a beach all dudes are gonna hit it. I don't care if it's a 5 star match in the Tokyo dome.. Lol

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

If you bring a beach all dudes are gonna hit it. I don't care if it's a 5 star match in the Tokyo dome.. Lol

I remember the time when Cesaro ran into the crowd and popped a beach ball before it got going. He was a hero for that.

2 hours ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Well about that.

Heels can't be heels anymore.

10 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Here's the alleged list of ppl that got released during SD:

Bobby Fish 

Bronson  Reed 
Tyler Rust 
Leon Ruff 
Jake Atlas 
Kona Reeves
Ari Sterling 
Asher Hale 
Giant Zanjeer
Zechariah Smith
Mercedes Martinez

Bronson, Fish and Ruff hurt my feelings 😭

Fish doesn't surprise me. He's old, constantly inured and q-anon lol. Just a bad combo

This is depressing seeing what used to be one of the best wrestling brands out being systematically dismantled by its own company. If I was HHH, I'd try my damndest to link with a few other rich wrestlers/investors and buy NXT from Vince, probably wouldn't succeed tho 

Yooo this is wild. 

Vince is fucking pissed that NXT lost the Wednesday night wars. 

The era of Nathan Jones and Heidenreich wrestlers is coming back.  Absolutely close minded considering how much that midget Daniel Bryan did for them lol

Ciampa and Gargano should start packing their bags. 

5 hours ago, scorp said:

Yooo this is wild. 

Vince is fucking pissed that NXT lost the Wednesday night wars. 

The era of Nathan Jones and Heidenreich wrestlers is coming back.  Absolutely close minded considering how much that midget Daniel Bryan did for them lol

Ciampa and Gargano should start packing their bags. 

NXT getting the OVW sabotage treatment that made Cornette go insane  and eroded that fan base. Reading the cliff notes the stupidest line is about creating “Box office attractions.” When you had that time and  again and they would cut there legs out from under them on every occasion like they did The Hurt Business which was actually cool faction during the Pandemic era.

Edit: Question now is if this is the route for the men what of the women’s division?

Edited by Grimmjow316

This screams to me they aren't gonna look at the indies anymore. Because the average height of a indy wrestler is 5'5-6'. They are gonna be hiring guys from major sports and mma. We are prob gonna be gettin an influx of 2001 era divas as well, I doubt we are getting legit women's wrestlers