Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

I knew this was coming. Sure, I thought the lines were offensive but on the other hand, that's kind of the point, he's an actor playing the role of a heel.

I could see if he said this stuff after work or something. But Tony Khan has to please the sponsors so I kinda understand, I hate this but I kinda understand 🤦🏾‍♂️

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/08/10/max-caster-suspended-from-aew-over-offensive-rap-about-simone-biles/

Caster has removed all mentions of AEW from his Twitter as well....hope this doesn't completely derail his career cuz even tho I thought he was corny at first, he grew on me and became one of the better parts of AEW.

Sticky situation, he should've known better than the rape thing after what happened to Sammy tho 

He got removed from the beyond show I went to last week. They literally kicked him off the day after the aew stuff went down. He's getting heat all over the industry. 

Here's my thing... Everyone knew he was gonna push the line. I absolutely refuse to believe no one saw where this was going. I bet he was even encouraged. If he gets fired that's wack. Hoping just a chill period. 

If Sammy can get away with saying he'd rape Sasha and that wasn't even remotely in character. They should let caster slide 

I knew there was going to be blow back but there is a big difference between Caster and Sammy's situations. Caster was in character, the show went through editing, and they let it air. So I have a heard time believing someone didn't sign off on this. It's dirty pool to broadcast it, then go back and clutch pearls over it. This is disappointing man. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

He got removed from the beyond show I went to last week. They literally kicked him off the day after the aew stuff went down. He's getting heat all over the industry. 

Here's my thing... Everyone knew he was gonna push the line. I absolutely refuse to believe no one saw where this was going. I bet he was even encouraged. If he gets fired that's wack. Hoping just a chill period. 

If Sammy can get away with saying he'd rape Sasha and that wasn't even remotely in character. They should let caster slide 

If Ringside News is to be believed, Caster is gettin the Sammy treatment. 2 months off and sensitivity training classes 

My group chat is informing me of all the drama lmfaooo 

-Darby got accused of abuse again but by haylee Cromwell. And apparently Priscilla called her and told her, her abuse wasnt valid 

-Connor shell a former espn higher up is working with khan on all the firings and budget shit. Sooo they Def selling lmfao

Edited by Maxx

The truth that everyone predicted finally came out.

Paul Levesque is being blamed backstage for not winning the Wednesday night wars which WWE thought they would win easily. His detractors who fear for their position if he takes power are using the opportunity to denigrate NXT with released wrestlers being pawns in the power struggle.
The backstage wrangling is what drove Kross to lose twice on Raw while being heavily protected on NXT and Aliyah to beat Dakota Kai ahead of her Takeover world title match.

NXT is being cast as a product full of independent workers who can't draw which is unable to attract a younger audience.

Those in NXT said that not only did Paul Levesque, who runs NXT, nor Shawn Michaels have a say in the cuts, but they weren’t even aware of them until after Laurinaitis started calling the talent.

3 hours ago, scorp said:

The truth that everyone predicted finally came out.

Paul Levesque is being blamed backstage for not winning the Wednesday night wars which WWE thought they would win easily. His detractors who fear for their position if he takes power are using the opportunity to denigrate NXT with released wrestlers being pawns in the power struggle.
The backstage wrangling is what drove Kross to lose twice on Raw while being heavily protected on NXT and Aliyah to beat Dakota Kai ahead of her Takeover world title match.

NXT is being cast as a product full of independent workers who can't draw which is unable to attract a younger audience.

Those in NXT said that not only did Paul Levesque, who runs NXT, nor Shawn Michaels have a say in the cuts, but they weren’t even aware of them until after Laurinaitis started calling the talent.

This is turning into OVW when Cornette was in charge.

One thing he mentioned later on and not in this video is that the OVW fan base became disillusioned after seeing so many stars go to the main roster and given gimmicks destined to fail, history repeating itself.

3 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

I told someone a couple weeks ago at Zones of Zoning that Andrade's main draw is that he's Discount Del Rio but not batshit insane (yet).  If Alberto Del Rio is Gilbert Arenas, Andrade is like Monta Ellis.

He's leagues better then del Rio da fuck? Did you not see his match with gargano or rey? 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

He's leagues better then del Rio da fuck? Did you not see his match with gargano or rey? 

He hasn't impressed me much since he showed up to NXT, and Rey is at the point in his career he could have a great match with Dan Matha.  He's not a bum and he's above average but he's no all-star.  Del Rio was bigger than Edge but has the athleticism of guys half his size and spoke coherent clear English.  There was good reason he was in the main event as long as he was and it wasn't just because they wanted to tap into the Hispanic market.  His issue is that he was/is a piece of crap as a human being and completely off his rocker.  

He also had a lot of trouble really getting people to care other than that brief time he came back after beating up the racist in catering and going back to the Indies as El Patron.  That brings me to my next point on why I drew comparisons.

By the time Andrade left WWE it felt like Angel Garza was stealing a lot of his shine when it came to presence.  Pairing him with Zelina was a necessity and a lot of Andrade's presence came from her being there to cover up his shortcomings beyond the ring.  Most anyone at that level can have a great match when they got the greenlight but the only time I remember anything about Andrade is when Zelina was there causing shenanigans.  The most I remember about him in AEW now is that he cosplayed Black Mask, which so perfectly captures his status as a second-tier heel.  

Thus Gilbert Arenas of wrestling, and Andrade as Monta

EDIT:  I should note I'm saying all that even though Andrade was one of my cover athletes for WWE2K Battlegrounds before that game wound up being a tremendous disappointment despite how much I enjoyed NBA Playgrounds.  They only had ONE good patch to help give characters more individuality and it was fleeting.  

spacer.png

Edited by Psychoblue
9 hours ago, Maxx said:

A million fucking things in prowrestling happened tonight

-Andrade faced Kenny 

-ric flair was in Andrade corner 

-g.o.d faced the good brothers

-ospreay is back

-tanahashi has the US title

Archer was a transitional champ. That sucks for him. At least Tana has become New Japan second grand slam champ

37 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Archer was a transitional champ. That sucks for him. At least Tana has become New Japan second grand slam champ

Who knows what this Delta variant is going to do to travel.  Probably best to keep the belts on guys who travel at will without additional obligations like Archer has to AEW.

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Who knows what this Delta variant is going to do to travel.  Probably best to keep the belts on guys who travel at will without additional obligations like Archer has to AEW.

Now that the belt is off the hands of an AEW guy it should be the main belt for NJPW Strong. The current belt that show has is completely redundant

Look into my eyyeeeees what do you see?

I'll be watching AEW tomorrow night but what I'm really looking for is Friday night. And I don't even like Punk. Still remember the SRK threads where a bunch of us were enjoying Punk vs. Heyman weekly promos on RAW, man feels like a lifetime ago. Who could have guessed what would have been Punk's last feud in wrestling?

I hope this hypes people up and we get some action in this thread every Wednesday and Friday night like back in the day on Mondays. I'll make sure to stop by and I hope I see a bunch of familiar names.