Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

What do you guys think about this?

"

Also stop with this shit of making guys first World Championship a MITB cash in. Makes it look like you have a weak ass World Champion if they were never able to win it before and it took them having to take advantage of that shit to finally "win". Save that shit for crafty veterans who are already established as World Champion worthy.

I see all of these wrestlers from every company tweet at Big E about "deserving it". If he "deserved it" so much they would have had him go over Lashley clean in the middle of the ring after a hard fought match.

"

Eh, I'm fine with it, it was an exciting moment that really got ppl talking positively about WWE again. E kicked out of the spear which JUST took out Orton, wasn't a squash. I mean, this move was more suited for a heel but faces have done the same before 

I'm more interested if they can keep Big E's momentum going 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by HD-Man

WWE saw AEW pop off and said sit down.  Twitter is MAD hype about Big E winning and #BlackWrestlingDraws is trending.  They knew exactly what they were doing and it worked.  

Mojo Rawley revealed that WWE pushes people based on social media stats, so the more someone trends the more WWE looks at continuing to give them exposure.  If people have gotten upset about Eva Marie surviving the cuts, congratulations, you're the reason she'll keep getting TV time.  

9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Mojo Rawley revealed that WWE pushes people based on social media stats, so the more someone trends the more WWE looks at continuing to give them exposure.  If people have gotten upset about Eva Marie surviving the cuts, congratulations, you're the reason she'll keep getting TV time.  

If this is true then why has Liv Morgan never been pushed? Social media loves her

As happy as I am for Big E... Kofi beat the champ clean at Wrestlemania after a 4 month push to start his reign. Big E is starting off with a MITB cash in on a random RAW in a pre-announced ratings ploy.

This is another Vince "WWE moment" to get people interested and I feel like the steam will run out fast.

6 minutes ago, scorp said:

As happy as I am for Big E... Kofi beat the champ clean at Wrestlemania after a 4 month push to start his reign. Big E is starting off with a MITB cash in on a random RAW in a pre-announced ratings ploy.

This is another Vince "WWE moment" to get people interested and I feel like the steam will run out fast.

While it Def is a push the red button moment. So are alot of mitb wins... Most are after an injury or grueling match. What they do after is what truly matters. They feel the pressure and let's hope this is one of those moments where Vince gets his creative MOJO going. 

Lashley vs big e can be a great feud potentially

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

They feel the pressure and let's hope this is one of those moments where Vince gets his creative MOJO going. 

I hope so for WWE fans.

The complacency has been around for too long.

I see Big E like Mick Foley, the lovable dude that everyone will cheer for.

Really hope they don't screw it up.

45 minutes ago, scorp said:

I hope so for WWE fans.

The complacency has been around for too long.

I see Big E like Mick Foley, the lovable dude that everyone will cheer for.

Really hope they don't screw it up.

Big E also has the bodybuilder cuts that Vince goes for, so his uphill climb is going to be a lot less daunting than Mick at the time.  When Mick first showed up Vince only saw him as "Cactus Jack the Stuntman."  Big E was going to be pushed over Roman at first before they decided on Roman.  

2 hours ago, Psychoblue said:

Big E also has the bodybuilder cuts that Vince goes for, so his uphill climb is going to be a lot less daunting than Mick at the time.  When Mick first showed up Vince only saw him as "Cactus Jack the Stuntman."  Big E was going to be pushed over Roman at first before they decided on Roman.  

I hope so!

I hope Vince doesn't see this and think other things.

pa0eBHU.gif

Here's what I liked about the new NXT:

-alot of these new guys actually can wrestle 

-Ciampa is the inaugural NXT 2.0 Champion 

-Rick Steiner's son isn't bad at all

Here's what hated:

-Everything else. Promos awful and too scripted, these skits are bad, set is overproduced and may induce seizures. They had LA Knight lose to Steiner's kid (who was renamed the awful Bron Breakker for no reason) then LA Knight was still in the 4 way for the belt to lose again. I only caught the last hour, but I think I'll pass on 2.0

Edited by HD-Man
56 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Who tf is this big goofy looking mfer in the main event? They're gonna let this mfer win the belt, for fucks sake 🤦🏾‍♂️

I thought you were gonna talk about Lumis and I was gonna get mad, Lumis is exactly the kind of weird that sticks with people and he should be protected at all costs.

Apparently Wagner is Albert's kid.  He looks like Vincent D'Orforino's character from The Cell spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's one of the most entertaining wrestling wedding I've seen in a while. When Dexter showed the hatchet to quell objections had me dying of laughter.

I was half-waiting for Mr. Kennedy to suddenly return just to ruin his love life yet again.  Most of the people in that crowd saw Lumis' adventures in TNA firsthand.  

It blows my mind he started out as an X-Division guy.  His build and presence made me think he was a dude Kozlov's size.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, Psychoblue said:

She looks like that "there's no such thing as coindences" guy now with the way her tan and eyeliner highlight her eyes and teeth.

She definitely was never my #1 looker there, but for the reasons you said. 

Also, do you think the Gaylord line was a Pritchard or Vince joke?

41 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

I thought about it some more after it happened and said this.

They don't want to link him but they gave him a similar singlet and made "dog-faced" comparisons on commentary?

They are absolutely linking him but being retards about it and giving him a terrible name.

Edited by scorp
4 minutes ago, scorp said:

And starting this moment... from now... from this moment on... this will be the moment... starting now... of the Genesis... of Steiner.

Nah Hennig was a case where everything that was good about Mr Perfect clearly skipped a generation.  From what little we've seen on Bron he's poised to be a breakout star of 2.0.  

2 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Nah Hennig was a case where everything that was good about Mr Perfect clearly skipped a generation.  From what little we've seen on Bron he's poised to be a breakout star of 2.0.  

I agree, but the name is stupid despite them presenting him as the son of a Steiner.

Another example of Vince thinking the audience is stupid and doesn't know who's who.

Edited by scorp
17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

He's Rick son. They don't need anything from Scott.

Scott is a much bigger draw.  It's the same as Natalya always being flanked or associating with Bret rather than Jim.  Rick has also been just as sparase as Jim was when it comes to the spotlight.  

Edited by Psychoblue
1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

Scott is a much bigger draw.  It's the same as Natalya always being flanked or associating with Bret rather than Jim.  Rick has also been just as sparase as Jim was when it comes to the spotlight.  

Scott is the bigger draw but they will never get him considering the heat he has with HHH and Steph. Rick had a solid solo career himself so there's no shame in using him if he's willing. Who knows, he can always become a living meme just like Scott. 

23 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Scott is the bigger draw but they will never get him considering the heat he has with HHH and Steph. Rick had a solid solo career himself so there's no shame in using him if he's willing. Who knows, he can always become a living meme just like Scott. 

What I meant is, Rick has almost completely disappeared while we can at least account for Scott.  I would love if Rick came in and had a Zeb Colter-style post-career revival.  It would probably do a ton to improve the currently nonexistent goodwill WWE has with hardcore fans right now.  

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

What I meant is, Rick has almost completely disappeared while we can at least account for Scott.  I would love if Rick came in and had a Zeb Colter-style post-career revival.  It would probably do a ton to improve the currently nonexistent goodwill WWE has with hardcore fans right now.  

It's never too late for a comeback. Tully completely disappeared too until AEW brought him in to be Shawn Spears manager. What was Paul Ellering doing before AoP? Just the fact they have his kid would at least suggest they have his blessing so an appearance shouldn't be far off.