Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

59 minutes ago, scorp said:

And never will. 

Wrestling is never hitting 90s or even 2000s levels of popularity.

The sooner people accept that, the better.

But they won't and we will continue to see retarded comments on Twitter.

Eric isn't talking about mainstream popularity of wrestling though. When he competed with WWE he was an actual threat to the company. AEW for all their success isn't that in this point in time. He wants Tony to save the shit talk when he actually is.

3 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Eric isn't talking about mainstream popularity of wrestling though. When he competed with WWE he was an actual threat to the company. AEW for all their success isn't that in this point in time. He wants Tony to save the shit talk when he actually is.

Eh what's the point? WWE crowd is set in their ways. If they haven't stopped watching in the last 7-8 years, they won't stop watching just because a new company has shown up.

Let Tony talk shit, just like WWE is allowed to talk shit. This is the closest competition they've had in the last 20 years.

Mainstream popularity is something that fueled WCW taking over, especially with big names jumping ship. Not to mention nWo was something so supremely unique because kayfabe still existed in a lot of people. It's incomparable for Bischoff to say what he said, this is as close as this "war" is going to get and Tony should talk all the shit he wants because WWE should be an unstoppable giant after all those years of building up their fans with zero competition.

Bischoff basically sayin don't get too cocky until u go directly head to head with WWE, as in the same day, same time slot and start winning. I'm kinda on his side with that statement. Tony's been throwin rocks from a distance instead of getting directly in Vince's face (metaphorically) 

But honestly I don't know if Khan is just working ppl or what tho with his recent trash talk, so my assessment may be all misguided 

3 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Also this is probably the worst rendition of a war ever. I mean people are patting themselves on the back over a .02 “win” in the key demo shit looks sad all around.

It’s honestly pathetic how bad these people are trying to relive the 90’s. Wrestlers, management, “wrestling journalists” and fans alike. 

Edited by iStu X
10 minutes ago, Grimmjow316 said:

Also this is probably the worst rendition of a war ever. I mean people are patting themselves on the back over a .02 “win” in the key demo shit looks sad all around.

This one aspect I agree with Bischoff with. Winning a key demo ain't shit. Unless they are taking market share away who gives a fuck? That's where the real damage will be dealt. 

32 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

This one aspect I agree with Bischoff with. Winning a key demo ain't shit. Unless they are taking market share away who gives a fuck? That's where the real damage will be dealt. 

41 minutes ago, iStu X said:

It’s honestly pathetic how bad these people are trying to relive the 90’s. Wrestlers, management, “wrestling journalists” and fans alike. 

I know the reasons people want a wrestling war, they badly want WWE to change styles like they did in the 90s. But Vince is over 80 and has a scrambled brain he isn’t changing shit at this point until he sells or croaks.

Edited by Grimmjow316
20 hours ago, scorp said:

Eh what's the point? WWE crowd is set in their ways. If they haven't stopped watching in the last 7-8 years, they won't stop watching just because a new company has shown up.

Yeah I wonder how many fans are like me. I did stop watching WWE. I watched Impact but then they stopped being unique and started being a tired WCW retread. So outside of a few matches here in there, I stopped watching pro wrestling all together until AEW caught my interest.

4 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

AEW catching heat for partnering with Susan G Komen. Big oof

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Their backtracking... It's weird because they backed off last year too after the same shit. 

Why are they even trying? It's a fucking scam and everyone knows it

7 minutes ago, scorp said:

Why are they even trying? It's a fucking scam and everyone knows it

I assume that's a separate office and they straight up don't know. 

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Okay what's the deal with this Mandy Rose situation?

Mandy used a shit ton of bronzer/tanner and looks like those black fishing ig models.. The white chicks who pretend to be black til they're caught. Black prowrestling Twitter got together and began the most vicious roasting campaign in a while. 

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Mandy used a shit ton of bronzer/tanner and looks like those black fishing ig models.. The white chicks who pretend to be black til they're caught. Black prowrestling Twitter got together and began the most vicious roasting campaign in a while. 

The Arianna Grande technique lol

29 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Ah, so she's using a Scandinavian modelling gimmick 👀

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Bodybuilding..all bodybuilding/fitness contests do this shit and it's wack. 

True. I remember, as kid, being confused by Hulk Hogan. Dude was darker than me. I was like "how am I black and he's white?" That said, the first time I heard the term "black fishing" it was about a bunch of models particularly from Scandinavia straight up passing themselves off as black on IG.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

True. I remember, as kid, being confused by Hulk Hogan. Dude was darker than me. I was like "how am I black and he's white?" That said, the first time I heard the term "black fishing" it was about a bunch of models particularly from Scandinavia straight up passing themselves off as black on IG.

OH I heard about it in terms of regular ig models/influencers.. Not even fitness ones doing it

Edited by Maxx
2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

OH I heard about it in terms of regular ig models/influencers.. Not even fitness ones doing it

It's tough for Europeans to know what goes on to black folk in America.

Not saying it's right, but to them it's just a vanity thing and there is a HUGE disconnect.

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

It's tough for Europeans to know what goes on to black folk in America.

Not saying it's right, but to them it's just a vanity thing and there is a HUGE disconnect.

It's sickening because we are so often fighting for a space where our skin is respected. And you got these chicks doing it for clout and clicks. 

2 minutes ago, Maxx said:

It's sickening because we are so often fighting for a space where our skin is respected. And you got these chicks doing it for clout and clicks. 

Well those people have likely never talked to a black person or maybe just seen 10 in their entire life.

They were never educated in their struggles.

You gotta realize how some uneducated Euro countries can be.

My relatives in Poland thought natives in North America were 3 feet tall, like pygmies or something.

Edited by scorp
1 minute ago, scorp said:

Well those people have likely never talked to a black person or maybe just seen 10 in their entire life.

They were never educated in their struggles.

You gotta realize how some uneducated Euro countries can be.

My relatives in Poland thought natives in North America were 3 feet tall, like pygmies or something.

People will view black people as stepping stools to fix alot of their personal insecurities. You see alot of white girls hook up with black people purely so they have a mixed kid. Because they view them as more beautiful than a white child. I'm all for mixed children but for the right reasons and not because it's some prize you win in the interracial lottery

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

People will view black people as stepping stools to fix alot of their personal insecurities. You see alot of white girls hook up with black people purely so they have a mixed kid. Because they view them as more beautiful than a white child. I'm all for mixed children but for the right reasons and not because it's some prize you win in the interracial lottery

Absolutely!

There are some wretched people out there that will do shit like that.

But I also feel that some of these blackfishing are them actually appreciating black beauty and wanting to join them. 

It's like... Nice is a demented way with no evil motives.

But MANdy should fucken know better.

Edited by scorp
13 minutes ago, scorp said:

Absolutely!

There are some wretched people out there that will do shit like that.

But I also feel that some of these blackfishing are them actually appreciating black beauty and wanting to join them. 

It's like... Nice is a demented way with no evil motives.

But MANdy should fucken know better.

I agree some are meant to be respectful but we are just not in a place where this is OK. Til everyone's on an even playing field we just can't do it this way. 

What's worse is wrestlers aren't allowed to change their looks without permission. So this Def went through a few people to get the OK. So not just Mandy but trips and people 

Edited by Maxx
1 minute ago, Maxx said:

I agree some are meant to be respectful but we are just not in a place where this is OK. Til everyone's on an even playing field we just can't do it this way. 

What's worse is wrestlers aren't allowed to change their looks without permission. So this Def went through a few people to get the OK. So not just Mandy but trips and people 

Or they honestly don't even see a problem.

"She's just an overtanned Jersey chick!"

Just now, Hawkingbird said:

Surprisingly tone death decision on the company. If they want to do a cancer charity they need to work with a reperable one.

Not even sure why they STARTED anything with them.

Considering the backlash the WWE gets and especially what Phil has said about them in the past.

6 minutes ago, scorp said:

Not even sure why they STARTED anything with them.

Considering the backlash the WWE gets and especially what Phil has said about them in the past.

I think it's because the name supercedes their infamy. Most mainstream people have 0 clue they are shit and recognize the name as a company who fights cancer. It's like why most people use Uber over Lyft when Uber is the worse of the two and we saw that during blm and pandemic. 

Just now, Maxx said:

I think it's because the name supercedes their infamy. Most mainstream people have 0 clue they are shit and recognize the name as a company who fights cancer. It's like why most people use Uber over Lyft when Uber is the worse of the two and we saw that during blm and pandemic. 

You are right.

They are in the dark. Like polaks and natives.

11 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

MSK getting boo'd never made any goddamn sense to me. Those guys are awesome and would normally be the type that the NXT audience would eat up. Fuck Izzy parents.

Which is why I was so confused. They literally hit every nxt box and knew their had to be something to it. I'm on prowrestling Twitter alot and even they were confused why it was happening. I never saw anyone diss them 

14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

MSK getting boo'd never made any goddamn sense to me. Those guys are awesome and would normally be the type that the NXT audience would eat up. Fuck Izzy parents.

It says a lot when they feel so bothered by that yet have no qualms about her being followed by creepers on social media. Also she vanity searches by the look of it they blocking people over this.