Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

5 hours ago, scorp said:

I felt this post was coming 😂

Why, because it sounds like it would be something I could show a normie and not feel embarrassed?  

Last time i told someone about AEW they came back to me with this and asked if this was it.

Anyway, heard there's more releases on the way to help AEW pad their new TBS slots.  Thanks Nick!

Edited by Psychoblue

Kinda reminds me of the time at work my so called supervisor was repeatedly been fuckin up, usually slowing down or halting production entirely, I straight up told him, not yelling or cursing that he needs to get his ish together cuz he's making the job harder on everybody (while still following orders as I was told) . The cunt wrote me up after that.

A few days later, he tore some shit up on the boat , and when I couldnt do something that was humanly impossible to fix the situation, he wrote me up again saying I refused to comply AKA attitude issues

Trust me, I can understand where Keith could be coming from working under morons. You have to maintain professionalism while the person above you is completely incompetent at their job. Even when you respectfully disagree they'll still get in their feels like you insulted their manhood 🤣

Edited by HD-Man

Some of the passages I'm hearing about Vince from Moxley book proves to me the man is a loon. According to the book, Vince absolutely hated the masks that the shield use to wear. He hated that he couldn't see their faces. The group and the marketing department were confused because they thought they look cool and could have been a huge merchandise seller.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Some of the passages I'm hearing about Vince from Moxley book proves to me the man is a loon. According to the book, Vince absolutely hated the masks that the shield use to wear. He hated that he couldn't see their faces. The group and the marketing department were confused because they thought they look cool and could have been a huge merchandise seller.

Lmfao I was waiting for them to drop the merch 

7 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

McAfee likely has leeway that others might not because of who he his. 

Pat is just 100% himself. He isn't playing a character, pat is literally a character. It's a reason why he used to get in trouble in the NFL constantly. He knew hwi he was and didn't fake it. Most in prowrestling are playing a character often something they were wish they were. 

1 hour ago, HD-Man said:

I might need to go back and check out some Lio Rush matches, dude was amazing last night on Dynamite. I knew he was decent but didn't know he was that damn smooth and fast to boot 

There was always talent but he couldn't get out of his own way.  We'll see if that changes now that he's apparently made peace with Mark Henry.

5 hours ago, HD-Man said:

I might need to go back and check out some Lio Rush matches, dude was amazing last night on Dynamite. I knew he was decent but didn't know he was that damn smooth and fast to boot 

He was somewhat of a prodigy. He got signed with roh 1-2 years after going pro.. Never heard of that happening except in a few rare cases like the Briscoes. 

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

He was somewhat of a prodigy. He got signed with roh 1-2 years after going pro.. Never heard of that happening except in a few rare cases like the Briscoes. 

I can see why, and WWE had this man as Bobby's manager. He could've been out there putting on a show 😤

Beth Lesnar would have been completely fine as a ring name but by the time Beth was getting her reps in, Brock was on the way out for football.

If not for my family trying to get me to come to Hawaii for my cousin's wedding I would jump on Mania this year as 1) haven't gone yet and 2) I'm not confident i'll have many more chances given the way things are going for that company and its impending sale.  

Was looking at tickets for Hard to Kill for the 8th of January, and they're pretty decently priced. 

Only bad thing is that the event is in Deep Ellum (which is like THE nightlife center in Dallas), so parking at the venue is gonna be a bitch. If I go, I'll probably have to use Uber or Lyft to get to the venue from the Park and Ride, or take the train in and walk to the venue.

tony khan putting his foot in his mouth lmfao. my groupchat just informed me this went down and if he didnt apologize i woulda thought it was some sorta vince mcmahon heel gimmick lmfao.

This reporter asked him about the possibility of doing an all women's event.  Then he cut her off

And was like "I think I deserve more credit for helping out NWA Empowerrr .I don't get enough credit. I paid the wrestlers who wrestle. But no one talks about how great I helped. He ended up apologizing.

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

tony khan putting his foot in his mouth lmfao. my groupchat just informed me this went down and if he didnt apologize i woulda thought it was some sorta vince mcmahon heel gimmick lmfao.

Finally, Jaguars President Tony Khan emerges from his slumber.  

It's really starting to hit me just how much time was wasted with NXT 2014-2020.  We had a lot of great moments in NXT but in terms of main roster mainstays, the best thing it gave us on a consistent basis was main event women wrestlers.  The Four Horsewomen, Asuka, Alexa etc.   But when it came to the guys, guys would get called up and buried in short order.  Best we got for long term guys who made their mark on NXT TV were KO, Zayn, Balor and Shinsuke.  D-Mac I only partially count because of his prior success in WWE that it was more of a rehab than a repackage.  I don't know what they're gonna do with Kyle other than let him walk, he's good but I don't think he'd be a standout singles guy over the people they already have up there.

I'm glad other feds are renewing business, too.  If WWE wants to keep a smaller roster to save time, good for them, but at least those who are let go won't have to look far to find work.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Hangman vs Bryan and Punk vs Omega is best for business.  I'd argue that should have happened before Bryan vs Omega due to how much of a commodity it was for an arena that big (talking about Grand Slam) to have Punk main eventing given how long he was gone and how he'd had some warmups by then, but what can you do.

Edited by Psychoblue
33 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Hangman vs Bryan and Punk vs Omega is best for business.  I'd argue that should have happened before Bryan vs Omega due to how much of a commodity it was for an arena that big (talking about Grand Slam) to have Punk main eventing given how long he was gone and how he'd had some warmups by then, but what can you do.

Given how long Punk was gone it was a good thing he didn't main-event Grand Slam. It was obvious that Punk lost a few steps in his first couple of matches. The match with Hobbs really highlighted it. Punk having matches with midcard guys to shake off the rust is the best thing for him. 

I actually would like to see punk have a long term or semi long term feud with Kingston. I think Kingston getting that win over punk would do huge things for him. I don't want it to be some young kid unless they are prime and ready right now. But no one's ready for that stage just yet... They are staging s few people for prime spots like Dante Martin later