Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

1 minute ago, Psychoblue said:

If they can integrate their twitter game into their on-screen characters the sky is the limit for them.  

I want to root for them all of the same.  They remind me of the G1 Nexus in a good one.  

That would also mean that they are putting themselves over.

And that doesn't work for him, pal.

Vince Mcmahon Hahahah GIF

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I did not know Robbie E was the road rage guy from the Edge segment.  That is some wild continuity.  I want to think that they are indeed the same person in canon as well as in real life.  I'm still upset that Tye Dillenger's name wasn't Stan Dillinger once that acknowledged it was him who got kicked by HBK.  

41 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Fat fucks who try to copy wrestlers 

Nah its not just the fact he's fat. He locked his legs out and hyper extended his shit. It's prob exacerbated by the weight but honestly anyone is gonna fuck them selves if they hyper extended. I wasn't serious about being confused.. I knew instantly what happened. It's a lesson anyone who does anything that requires jumping learns early. 

Edited by Maxx
10 hours ago, Maxx said:

Nah its not just the fact he's fat. He locked his legs out and hyper extended his shit.

I wonder how much of it had to do with how much bounce that ring had. If it had tons of bounce, it woulda really played in him wrecking his knees. It would be like trying to stop dead on a trampoline, it doesn't really work.

But it really doesn't help that he was built like a state fair turkey leg. 

2 hours ago, odin said:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MetallicNaiveFieldmouse-mobile.mp4

💖

edit: @misterBeeany way we can embed mp4 vids yet?

Subscribers can upload mp4s (if I turn it on) and have them embed into posts.

Unfortunately there is no way to embed mp4s linked from an external source.  You can still post it as a link but if you want it to play in your post you'll need to get it uploaded to Youtube or something.

Can these heavy metal versions of themes just stay a thing? They’re phenomenal. 

I appreciate Priest trying to do the rope walk. Shame he botched it though. It would be a great move to add to his arsenal. I just realized his jumping elbows are a tribute to Nash. 

ugh. Why did they give Gargano the title? He absolutely didn’t need it and Priest was becoming more and more over. What a fucking shit way to open a ppv

i guess we have our wargames match. 

undisputed vs. mcafee and his dudes 

Edited by iStu X

Considering how green Raquel is Rhea made her look like a main eventer. That was a really good match. I wish Raquel would have went over. I’m tired of them pushing Rhea, tbh. 

lol. That grimes and Lumis match was goofy as fuck but grimes made it fun. 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

Can these heavy metal versions of themes just stay a thing? They’re phenomenal. 

I appreciate Priest trying to do the rope walk. Shame he botched it though. It would be a great move to add to his arsenal. I just realized his jumping elbows are a tribute to Nash. 

ugh. Why did they give Gargano the title? He absolutely didn’t need it and Priest was becoming more and more over. What a fucking shit way to open a ppv

i guess we have our wargames match. 

undisputed vs. mcafee and his dudes 

Pretty sure priest has had the rope walk in his arsenal

Hell yeah Poppy x Io mash up again! It means Io is losing but at least she gets a hype as fuck entrance. 

im surprised the crowd exploded like they did for Poppy 

edit:  now that Io has retained; Johnny winning the opener makes even less sense. Why would you only go half way with their gimmick? That’s god damn stupid. 

Edited by iStu X

watching UK. 

Wow. When did they sign Rampage Brown? That’s a get. 

Eddie Dennis just needs to be a manager. He has a much better presence as a manager than as a wrestler. 

I’m all about The Hunt getting a push. I loved Primate on the indies. I was sad when he said he had to retire due to his jaw injury. Glad he was able to bounce back. 

I don’t know why Pretty Deadly were even apart of this angle though. Lol

I don’t really like the idea of Devlin being back on TV. It’s unfortunate that HBK wants to push him to the moon.

who the fuck was the dude with half a Mohawk. Lol. Looked dumb as hell. damn, Joe Coffey is coming back too. Not sure how I feel about that. 

devlin was incredibly sloppy in his come back match. Or maybe the dude he faced was that bad. But that Texas cloverleaf was hella bad though. It wasn’t the Rockshooter bad but it was really bad 

I was Dar to win the heritage cup and then be Dragonuv’s first feud. 

I love watching the recap of Walter committing murder. Ilja got fucking massacred. 

As much as I want Walter to retain I have a feeling UK is going through a reboot. So they need a fresh baby face champ for this new era. I think they should have Walter drop the title at a Takeover though. Not a random taping. 

immediate double homicide. Lol they’re hitting eachother like they have a suicide pact. Surprised Walter retained. I figured Ilja would win after kicking out of the splash. That was a crazy good match. 

Edited by iStu X
5 minutes ago, iStu X said:

I don’t know how you even came to that conclusion. 

One

Walter was only not stateside to work wxw and europe 

Two they stopped the wxw association and wrestling school

3 covid making it so walter only got his downside and will most likely make way more working main roster

4. Look at imperium. They have a look and a gimmick and enough size on them to be taken seriously

Walter is 33 i think. Dude is in his prime money years. Working wwe main roster is how dude will make his nest egg.

Edited by DrLariat
18 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

One

3 covid making it so walter only got his downside and will most likely make way more working main roster

4. Look at imperium. They have a look and a gimmick and enough size on them to be taken seriously

WXW only recently got put on the Network, so I don't know how you can assume the WXW association is done when it only just started getting really serious in the last month.  

42 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

One

Walter is 33 i think. Dude is in his prime money years. Working wwe main roster is how dude will make his nest egg.

Walters main caveat to signing was outside special dates (takeovers, big 4, access conventions, etc) he’d never have to leave Europe. He doesn’t want to be on the main roster and has no intentions of ever going to main roster.  He’s made that very clear. 

Edited by iStu X
14 minutes ago, DrLariat said:

Money talks wwe has a lot

And a lot of of the NXT and UK roster don’t really want to be on the main roster. Not just Ciampa and Walter respectively. A lot of guys and girls in the upper mid and top cards of the NXT brands have said if called to the main roster they’ll refuse to go. They’ll either ask to be a producer, help with booking, be a trainer or just flat out quit/retire. 

Main roster isn’t end all be all anymore. Why do you think so much of the main roster hate being on the main roster? 

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

And a lot of of the NXT and UK roster don’t really want to be on the main roster. Not just Ciampa and Walter respectively. A lot of guys and girls in the upper mid and top cards of the NXT brands have said if called to the main roster they’ll refuse to go. They’ll either ask to be a producer, help with booking, be a trainer or just flat out quit/retire. 

Main roster isn’t end all be all anymore. Why do you think so much of the main roster hate being on the main roster? 

This is a business and you're in business to make money.  NXT benefits from being on Network TV now though so there's less need to move guys to the main roster.  Despite that, the end goal is still to get to RAW and SD because that's still where the biggest paydays are, or were before the pandemic.  

Side note, think Paige finally leaves WWE after this Twitch thing?