Stage Select

The Wrestling Thread

Well at least that stupid egg is being used to push new talent.  With all the NXT cuts and sabotages, the most consistent new blood pushes right now on the main roster seem to be Theory, Priest, Riddle and Omos.  You got the worker, the all-rounder, the talker and the giant.  

Edited by Psychoblue
Just now, HD-Man said:

Joe Gacy is one of the few bright spots of 2.0, dude is killing that gimmick. Lol

I was shocked when I heard he signed because it was after Nick Khan took over and I thought someone like him would be exactly the kind of guy Nick would show the door, but he got the message quickly that if you can present a character like that on a regular basis, that'll get you farther than your technical acumen assuming you're not dumping dudes on their head left and right (exemptions apply for family hires, of course, see Jax, Nia).

27 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Lmfao damn near 20 min of roasting with triple h, Cena and the miz caught in the crossfire

One day AEW talent will get over without trying to bury WWE at every turn. 

(This isn’t defending WWE btw. I haven’t watch any wrestling in over a month and I don’t plan to. For me there’s nothing happening in wrestling thats worth watching.

I just find going after low hanging fruit for the sake of a pop in 2021 annoying. Get over with your own merits and not burying people or a company you have nothing to do with these days or never have had any dealings with.

Shit wreaks of ECW and TNA try hard dumbassery)

Edited by iStu X
1 hour ago, iStu X said:

One day AEW talent will get over without trying to bury WWE at every turn. 

(This isn’t defending WWE btw. I haven’t watch any wrestling in over a month and I don’t plan to. For me there’s nothing happening in wrestling thats worth watching.

I just find going after low hanging fruit for the sake of a pop in 2021 annoying. Get over with your own merits and not burying people or a company you have nothing to do with these days or never have had any dealings with.

Shit wreaks of ECW and TNA try hard dumbassery)

.... Did you watch it? Because context is everything. 

17 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

My guess?  Everyone!  

I hope not. AEW is bloated with an insanely talented roster. I'm sure they'll want to add a couple of the recent WWE releases and who they can get from RoH. When they are bringing in guys like Jay Lethal they should rethink if having guys like Joey Janela, Dr. Luthor, and Marko Stint are worth having on the payroll. 

34 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I hope not. AEW is bloated with an insanely talented roster. I'm sure they'll want to add a couple of the recent WWE releases and who they can get from RoH. When they are bringing in guys like Jay Lethal they should rethink if having guys like Joey Janela, Dr. Luthor, and Marko Stint are worth having on the payroll. 

Given how much flak WWE is getting for letting people go, I think AEW could take the high ground by keep all these guys on the payroll and use them as filler for the new time slots they'll get on TBS.

Keep in mind I agree with you entirely, especially on the last part, because those PWG ass-grabbers were a huge reason why I scoffed at AEW and you can point to them as to why AEW struggles to get a million a week despite the quality improving vastly since they were regulars on TV, thanks to the lousy first impression they made.  

Edited by Psychoblue
9 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

Given how much flak WWE is getting for letting people go, I think AEW could take the high ground by keep all these guys on the payroll and use them as filler for the new time slots they'll get on TBS.

Keep in mind I agree with you entirely, especially on the last part, because those PWG ass-grabbers were a huge reason why I scoffed at AEW and you can point to them as to why AEW struggles to get a million a week despite the quality improving vastly since they were regulars on TV, thanks to the lousy first impression they made.  

WWE is catching flak for releasing people citing "budget cuts" when the company is making record breaking profits. They could have kept everyone they let go and it wouldn't have affected their bottom line. AEW on the other hand, given how young it still is I doubt has made a profit yet. I don't know how much Tony are paying these guys but his wallet can't be a bottomless pit unless profit is coming in.